NWN 2 Release

Dark_Raven

And dont buy a Geforce7 card, Geforce8 will be out in two weeks or so.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/referrer/srtest

Though, it only tests your actual computer not stuff you might buy.

As for your q, I dunno. Probably varies depending which version of the video card.

I personally use Radeon. Haven't used a GeForce in forever.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Though, it only tests your actual computer not stuff you might buy.

That's a bit of a problem, since Pope is moving out and thus getting a brand new pc.

And it needs to be da shizzle. Our current pc has been around for 5 years unmodified (and unformatted :lol:). Haven't played a game on it in ages. Still runs smooth though. Mostly. But since I can't take it with me I need a new rig.

Atari has their reasons for choosing those baords. If you don't like it, TOUGH!

Besdies, it's more stable there since these boards can be closed at any time as per FU's wishes since he's NOT a big fan of these boards' behaviour!

Which is probably why Obsidian has little problem with the move. He's ashamed of us Obsidianites. :(

Besdies, it's more stable there since these boards can be closed at any time as per FU's wishes since he's NOT a big fan of these boards' behaviour!

Which is probably why Obsidian has little problem with the move. He's ashamed of us Obsidianites. :(

Is that right? :)

What behaviors?

As dark is the absence of light, so evil is the absence of good.

If you would destroy evil, do good.

Evil cannot be perfected. Thank God.

"Is that right?

What behaviors?"

There was a time when Mr. U, in one of his rare posts, threatened to completely and uterrly close down these baords as he was disgusted by the forum members' bad behaviour. It wasn't just one speciifc incident or indiviudal either. It was en masse.

Atari has their reasons for choosing those baords. If you don't like it, TOUGH!

You're full of ****. The fact that the NWN2 forums are on the bioboards is irrelevant for the purposes of saying that they ought to be here.

and for the record, I don't give a **** about Atari. They didn't make the game, their decision regarding where the forums should be is illegitimate.

Also for the record, this board is useless if NWN2 has no official place here. Either this is the Obsidian board or it's the KOTOR2 board, in which case why the **** is NWN2 even an issue here?

"They didn't make the game, their decision regarding where the forums should be is illegitimate."

No Atari, no NWN2.

No Obsidian, still NWN2.

Atari pays the bills when it comes to NWN2. Obsidian made the game; but Atari is the boss.

Their decision is legit, and required, and they have the right to make the NWN2 boards where they want. Just like Interplay, and BIS could tell BIO where they wnated the BG boards at.

This all depends on contract.

For ehte rcord, I'm not too worried about where the boards. But, one thing is for sure, Atari has the legit right to choose.

"Come on Volourn, it was almost two years ago."

Yeah; but if people can still pimp BG1, or talk about WW2, or talk about the Dark Ages, something that happened 2 years ago is still open game.

LONG LIVE ATARI AND OBSIDIAN AND BIO FOR THIS DECISION!!!

Edited by Volourn

Yeah; but if people can still pimp BG1, or talk about WW2, or talk about the Dark Ages, something that happened 2 years ago is still open game.

I somehow really much doubt that Feargus would still hold a grudge over what some posters said after Kotor 2.

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Maybe; but at least I'm not the one swearing or taking Atari's logical decision so personally! :p

"I somehow really much doubt that Feargus would still hold a grudge over what some posters said after Kotor 2."

That's because Mr. U is cool! :cool:

I am not as cool as he is! I don't appreciate people almost cuasing me to lose these awesome baords! If I'm gonna lose these boards it's gonna be because I errored horribly not random netters! :o

I will NEVER FORGET OR FORGIVE!

Edited by Volourn

I really wish they would put out some better PR.

I look at the new pics and they look OK but they don't really satsify.

So I replay that Dutch (?) preview and gaze at the Russian screenshots over and over. They satisfy.

Just a few more days.

Edited by Colrom

As dark is the absence of light, so evil is the absence of good.

If you would destroy evil, do good.

Evil cannot be perfected. Thank God.

source

Hehe... Conspiracy theory much?

BioWare and Obsidian are competitors but we're also old friends happy to help each other out. They're starting up a new company and what better way to do that than developing some hit titles within known and familiar franchises (BioWare did the same thing, initially developing within the D&D and SW licenses before breaking out and developing independent titles like Jade Empire and Dragon Age). It's an excellent financial strategy for a startup company like Obsidian and it will help put them in a position where they can afford to be more daring in the future.

As for these forums, I believe the final decision was Atari's but, as has been stated numerous times above, it's a decision that everyone benefits from:

The community benefits from a robust and active forum, excellent guild support, a single unified site and account system, and a cross-fertilization of ideas.

Obsidian benefits from early access to a large community of people who will most likely be buying their game. They also don't have to duplicate our efforts in terms of community managers, moderators, Bio Wednesdays, guilds, web design, etc, allowing them to focus more effort on developing the game itself.

The primary benefit for Atari is that both Obsidian and the community are benefited by it, allowing for the development of a better game and a broader market in which to sell it.

BioWare benefits by keeping all of you here and integrated into our site rather than having the bulk of our NWN community splinter off and wither away. We're still actively involved in patching NWN1, adding new content, and developing premium modules for it. We also have other titles in development such as Jade and Dragon Age - by keeping you here, it allows us to keep you up to date on the development of those projects. Also, we have some other initiatives coming up that we'd like to have you all around for as well.

So yes, welcome here. This is the start of a very good thing for everyone, I think.

Cheers to that,

Rob Bartel

Lead Designer

BioWare Community Live Team

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

source
They also don't have to duplicate our efforts in terms of community managers, moderators, Bio Wednesdays, guilds, web design, etc, allowing them to focus more effort on developing the game itself.

For me, this is the single thing that's a fact, others are fairly moot. Yet, it is enough that the fora should be kept there.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Heads-up, Digital Distribution fans. NWN2 will be available on Direct2Drive, and is available for preload now. North America only.

As a sidenote, I've just noticed Space Rangers 2 is 20$ there. Hmmm.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)