What you couldn't do/say in KotOR II...

Guest The Architect

For some reason I thought you wrote "any Christian groups"....

I tend to skip things and only read the fundamentals.

If you think it important you should start another topic, then other people who don't read this topic but find the oddness of lacking realism in starwars relating to this would be more likely to give their opinion.

*Thinks of ways to kill Disciple*

I thank you Lucian :sorcerer:

Edited by Purgatorio

S.A.S.I.S.P.G.M.D.G.S.M.B.

Way of Topic is the place to discuss religion. Lets continue with the Kotor 2 discussion.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

when the male characters in these games walk they wobble. it annoys me to death, but maybe my annoyance is a result of my OCD.

Hmm. That isn't anything i noticed, but... sure.

you can be dark side, and the exile isn't a jedi, hence her being an exile.

It's not directly the Sith-way to have relationships either.

Edited by Accept

also, the relationships wouldn't be as limited, by this I mean female exile falling in love with visas/mira/handmaiden and also that there would be kissing and hugging, and also passionate stuff if at all possible. oh and being able to kill random people to get more evilness, like in fable, if anyone's played that.

A gay scene is never going to happen in Starwars, period. You forget that there are some very strong groups in the US that would boycott the game and raise merry hell if anything like that was so much as implied in the game, let alone shown. To give you an idea when the star of a US Sit-com came out as being gay these groups had enough clout to have her show pulled. LA is not going to try and tackle these groups, frankly it wouldn't be worth it.

I agree and its one of the things I like about Star Wars to be honest.

I just dont understand why Homosexual relations need to be promoted for some people in games and TV and movies.

Society is coming around to treating them like human beings and protecting their way of life, thats fine and im all for that but that doesnt mean we have to PROMOTE IT in our games and fantasy worlds.

Im glad Star Wars doesnt bother with the gay topics and keeps everything on the straight (pun intended) and narrow.

Im watching/reading/playing Star Wars to escape real life for a short period of time, not to have some minority push their own values upon me ruining the escapism of the whole thing.

Im not religious and Im not homophopic, but enough already, leave your sexual desires and demands up to the CREATOR of the genre. In this case Lucas dictated romance is between man and woman, plain and simple. People should have enough respect to accept that and not try to push their own politics into the game/story/show/movie/ TOPIC! Really cant say it any clearer then that!

And yes the other poster was also correct, star Wars is not some Hack and Slash Gore fest. You dont need blood to get you point across. Frankly I think blood would take away from the genre. This isnt a Jason movie/story/whatever. Its star wars and it has a higher level of thought process then some slasher flick. Star Wars doesnt need Blood in it. It does just fine with out the blood!

But lesbians are HAWT! :dancing:

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

GL has stated on several occasions that he wrote Starwars for kids, which is why there is no blood (the bar in Starwars IV apart) and no sex in the films. The EU can and sometimes does get far more graphic than the films, but they are aimed for a slightly older audience. The video games are aimed at the same general groups as the films-that is more towards kids, or at least aimed so that no one would complain if their kids watched/played them. This is why only Revenge of the Sith had a 12 rating (in England, not sure what the equivilent is in other countries). And to the best of my knowlage no Starwars game has had a higher rating than the KOTOR series.

It is, therefore, a little pointless to say that you would have liked more violence or sex implied or otherwise as it was never going to happen.

Actually the point of this topic was to say what you would have liked to have seen or done. I would have liked it if my Exile had a... see I can't continue that because it would be un starwarsy. Also someone might think I was pushing my own agenda. *Cough* Juhani *Cough* <_< :crazy:

kids' movies in which everyone gets their hands cut off, actually that's great, maybe it will help people realize that kids don't need to be "protected" from seeing violence. I am not asking for a gorefest... well, actually I kind of am, but I'd be satisfied if there were just a realistic amount of blood. humans bleed when cut open, it's a scientific fact.

"Im not religious and Im not homophopic, but enough already, leave your sexual desires and demands up to the CREATOR of the genre. In this case Lucas dictated romance is between man and woman, plain and simple. People should have enough respect to accept that and not try to push their own politics into the game/story/show/movie/ TOPIC! Really cant say it any clearer then that!"

this topic is about what people wished was in the game. I simply stated some things I would have liked to see, I was not "pushing my own politics" into anything.

ways to kill disciple? how about kicking him in the nads til he goes into shock, or maybe feeding him to a giant spider, you know spiders don't actually drink their prey's blood, they paralyze them, then they eat them a small amount at a time, it would eat his legs, wrap him back up, eat his arms, etc. at least that's what my biology teacher said, but he also thought cuckoo was pronounced "chuck-ew"

"I ain't anorexic, I'm from Texas" - Jessica Simpson.

"Smoking kills. If you're killed, you've lost a very important part of your life." - brooke shields.

"I would not live forever, because we should not live forever, because if we were supposed to live forever, then we would live forever, but we cannot live forever, which is why I would not live forever."

- Miss india

"I love California, I practically grew up in Phoenix." -dan quayle

"I want to have two children - a boy called London and a girl named China."-Paris Hilton

"I did not have implants, I just had a growth spurt." - Britney Spears

"Fiction writing is great, you can make up almost everything" - Ivana Trump.

As male exile, the option to put the moves on mira, handmaiden, and visas at the leval revan and bastilla had for kotor 1. The romance was fairly stunted in this game. What would be cool about this is the jealousy that would develop if you pick one (or two...or all three:)of the girls as your gf. This "catfight" potential was hinted at in k2 but not really explored fully.

More Carth and Bastilla would have been nice as well. We didn't need a complex plot with them in it, but 20 minutes of dialog would have been nice. Explain what bastilla has been doing since revan has gone away, etc.

Finally, I will add my name to the list of folks who wanted to see the droid factory. It would be super cool to "end hostilities" with 100 or so HK units. Perhaps get some more knowledge of hk47, have other units comment on his ability, show jealousy of him, etc.

The more I play k2 the less angry I am at obsidian and more disappointed in LA for rushing them. Good news is they aren't making that mistake with k3. :D

this topic is about what people wished was in the game. I simply stated some things I would have liked to see, I was not "pushing my own politics" into anything.

And your saying you want to bring real world politics into a fantasy world based on your own beleifs.

Hey I want the sith and jedi to join forces and chop off the heads of all Liberals and NDP'er here in Canada (mainly because they just to stupid to live. Or as Klingons would say "they a waste of good skin"). But thats a political request that has NOTHING what so ever to do with the game/setting of Star Wars.

So yes by saying you want homosexual interaction in a Star Wars game you ARE pushing your own politics into the topic.

And your saying you want to bring real world politics into a fantasy world based on your own beleifs.

Hey I want the sith and jedi to join forces and chop off the heads of all Liberals and NDP'er here in Canada (mainly because they just to stupid to live. Or as Klingons would say "they a waste of good skin"). But thats a political request that has NOTHING what so ever to do with the game/setting of Star Wars.

So yes by saying you want homosexual interaction in a Star Wars game you ARE pushing your own politics into the topic.

You just don't get it do you? I suggest you take a look at the Juhani romance that was optional for the Female Revan.

Obsidian is an inclusive Forum, you know what that means your Canadian. How is mentioning gay a political push? Feh, "real world politics" have you ever considered that people on this forum might be Gay and would um maybe think it would be nice if there was an option for such. So nobody can say they would like to see something if it doesn't fit? Even if it is already in universe? You are pushing your own beliefs without looking at what is already in the game, granted it is in KOTOR 1, but it really makes no difference, because they are both Starwars.

In your first post in this thread you said you wanted a romance with Mira. Oh look you can say that and nobody jumped on you for pushing a political agenda because there is none, unless you want to some kind of Red Head Jedi Cult.

Warning political Agenda ahead (personally I would read it as "geek":

Other than the above, and not being able to profess my not geekish Mandalore :o I am fairly satisfied..... >_< -- Me
:o Oh NO!! :o "POLITICS" :o I THINK THE EXILE SHOULD SHACK UP WITH MANDALORE AND CRUSH TEH GALAKSY!!!!111 :o

There aren't I nice? I made it large so you didn't have to strain your little mind picking out the Hidden Agenda.

Sorry if this causes a lock, but I just think it needed to be said.

Edited by Purgatorio

Hahaha :blink:

Purgowned

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

I don't think there are many fantasy worlds where the writer can't be accused of pushing their own beliefs to some extent.....in fact there are almost no areas where someone isn't trying to convince you that their vision/idea/belief/politics is the correct version. Star Trek is sometimes accused as being to liberal, Harry Potter as being satanic and even scientists who should know better will tend to try and convice you that their theory is the correct one.

And what does this have to do with Starwars?

Two things. First is that you can accuse it of pushing a belief because it doesn't show homosexual relationships. Look hard enough and you could accuse it of being satanic-no mention of any god, use of the force that could be 'magic'...

Second is that Starwars is a product. In order to make the most money it has to appeal to the largest number of people. This in turn means that it is, and was, never going to have stories that would offend the majority of its target audience-in this case children and their parents. LA was never going to show homosexualality, not because they themselves are nessasarally homophobic, but because a lot of parents would not want their children to see it.

As intersting as it might be to discuss all the reasons behind this, it has little bareing on the question of this topic. I have to take partial responsibility for pointing out that a lot of the things people here would have liked to have seen were never going to be in the game no matter how long was spent developing it.

Back to the question; I keep wishing I could crack some of my party members over the head when they decide that the correct course of action in a fire-fight is to run into a mine-field. At the very least I'd have liked to have been able to have asked them what they thought they where doing at the time.

Hahaha :thumbsup:

Purgowned

LOL never fails, some idiot makes some lame come back that has nothing to do with what was said and idiot #2 comes along trying to stroke his ego (and other more physical body parts).

Welp if these two the best anyone can come up with then I guess my point stands solid in the realm of REALITY and thats good enough for me.

You said homosexuality had no place or whatever. S/he said there was juhani/female Revan in the first game.

"Hey I want the sith and jedi to join forces and chop off the heads of all Liberals and NDP'er here in Canada (mainly because they just to stupid to live. Or as Klingons would say "they a waste of good skin"). But thats a political request that has NOTHING what so ever to do with the game/setting of Star Wars."

The difference being that your request would be unreasonable because canada doesn't exist in the star wars universe.

"So yes by saying you want homosexual interaction in a Star Wars game you ARE pushing your own politics into the topic."

My statement had something to do with the game, more options for romance, I simply expanded on that by saying that more lesbian pairings would be nice. I was not "pushing" anything, pushing would be if I said ROR THEYR SHUD HAV BIN MOR GAYNUSS!!! pushing would be forcing, meaning demands or orders, I'll even post dictionary.com's definitions of pushing here to prove it.

push (psh) Pronunciation Key

v. pushed, push

"I ain't anorexic, I'm from Texas" - Jessica Simpson.

"Smoking kills. If you're killed, you've lost a very important part of your life." - brooke shields.

"I would not live forever, because we should not live forever, because if we were supposed to live forever, then we would live forever, but we cannot live forever, which is why I would not live forever."

- Miss india

"I love California, I practically grew up in Phoenix." -dan quayle

"I want to have two children - a boy called London and a girl named China."-Paris Hilton

"I did not have implants, I just had a growth spurt." - Britney Spears

"Fiction writing is great, you can make up almost everything" - Ivana Trump.

Hahaha :)

Purgowned

LOL never fails, some idiot makes some lame come back that has nothing to do with what was said and idiot #2 comes along trying to stroke his ego (and other more physical body parts).

Welp if these two the best anyone can come up with then I guess my point stands solid in the realm of REALITY and thats good enough for me.

So... that was some kind of clumsy come on? :)

Guest The Architect

Umm...Kalfear, what the hell does whether same sex relationships should be in future KotOR games or not have to do with my topic? :brows:

Edited by The Architect

Besides there already IS homosexual relationship in EU. In NJO.

That's why your posts are little bit absurd, you know

edit: And by you, I mean you, Kalfear

Edited by Xard

Hahaha :brows:

Purgowned

I have to wonder about the mindset of someone who whinges about political agendas being forced upon them when someone simply says something they would have liked. It's odd you assume someone is being radical when you don't even know them.

A little absurd? I was thinking "bewilderingly idiotic". :thumbsup:

Edited by Purgatorio

Guest The Architect
I have to wonder about the mindset of someone who whinges about political agendas being forced upon them when someone simply says something they would have liked. It's odd you assume someone is being radical when you don't even know them. 

A little absurd? I was thinking "bewilderingly idiotic". :lol:

:thumbsup::brows:

Before Kalfear replies, I'll post his reply for him:

owned_help.jpg

Edited by The Architect

Hey, I'm such a peace love and respect dude I'll do teh wingwong thingie and help Kalf. out.

He'll surely need this

flowsheet.jpg

Edited by Xard

Apparently it looks like he ends up into "you poor bastard" no matter what :brows:

Edited by Xard