What you couldn't do/say in KotOR II...

Guest The Architect

(mind you, K2 did better with the role-playing aspect than what K1 did)

With this part I disagree. K2 was even more black&white. Lost "grey area" was brought back with Kreia, but it was not succesful IMO. Besides, in K1 I actually had urges to do DS stuff even when I played LS. In K2 I had no urge to do so at all. It did invoke feelings like first one. In K2 playing baddie was even more stupid and brutish. Where was twisted awesomeness like when you manipulated Shandral's and Matale families to kill each other... and after that lying shamelesly to jedi council

Edited by Xard

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

(mind you, K2 did better with the role-playing aspect than what K1 did)

With this part I disagree. K2 was even more black&white. Lost "grey area" was brought back with Kreia, but it was not succesful IMO. Besides, in K1 I actually had urges to do DS stuff even when I played LS. In K2 I had no urge to do so at all. It did invoke feelings like first one. In K2 playing baddie was even more stupid and brutish. Where was twisted awesomeness like when you manipulated Shandral's and Matale families to kill each other... and after that lying shamelesly to jedi council

There was still manipulation in Kotor2, for ex. the refugee camp on Narr Shadda where you can convince the sick refugee to kill himself. There were a few others but I can't recall since it's been a while since I played. I'm sure someone else can share some tales?

Use your aggressive feelings...let the hate flow through you.

Guest The Architect

Fair enough. For me, I like the role playing in KotOR II more not because there were better things to do, but because Kreia actually made me question by beliefs. I thought about the consequences of my choices more in KotOR II.

This never happened in KotOR. No one ever made me question my beliefs, I just stuck to what I wanted to do and that

Edited by The Architect

I do not feel some ideas are evil, nor do I think there such a thing as "evil" It is just various topographies of ignorance.

They might be considered "evil manipulative sith bastard" options, when I think it's just telling the truth. Such as with conversation choices when showing Atton the force. Jedi do lie, I know that from experience. If didn't say "then she lied to you, that's what Jedi do" would it not be another hypocrisy? In the long run it's better to tell a minion the truth from the beginning, either because honesty is good, or for the purpose of better future manipulations. Kriea did say that "healing is manipulation", but I don't see it as being "manipulative" it is merely showing the truth and awakening the potential of others....

Bao-Dur for example is a Jedi Guardian who feels guilty about succumbing to his anger. Would it be evil to show him a way of overcoming guilt and using his anger as strength for future battles? Certainly to cling to anger of any kind can cloud ones judgment, but to overcome the past and use that pain as strength, how is that so wrong?

The Jedi think emotions are dangerous. What is a life without passion? We are not Droids! To have no emotions is to have no compassion! No empathy! Are we psychopaths?

If I help someone in need is that weakening them by taking away their own power? If someone is more fortunate than another the less fortunate can become jealous. Giving them something that they have not worked for is weakening them. But if I don't aid them I am no better than the Jedi sitting in their enclaves closed off from the galaxy, and the needs of the people.

The republic is not the Galaxy. If the Jedi are the figure heads of the republic "needed to maintain order" therefore in keeping the corrupt in power the Jedi are aiding in the repression of countless billions. So how is it evil to say "The Republic can burn for all I care" and "the Jedi are a blight upon the galaxy?" This blight is the disease that rots the beast from within. Of course "APATHY IS DEATH" so I will burn your Republic to the ground and start anew. :mellow:

*Looks up* Dark-Side points gained. :wacko: It would appear justifying the destruction of The Republic just causes Dark-Side points even if The Republic is itself "evil".... It is of no consequence for Dark-Side and Light-Side are just the two sides of the one coin after all. ^_^

S.A.S.I.S.P.G.M.D.G.S.M.B.

i wish i could have done more concerning baodur... and disciple could have been soooooooo cool. i may do a darkside came just to see him crack.... i would have professed my love to someone. but thats not an option for female exiles.

"She was short, she was furry, she was loud, and she was determined to sell him a melon"- random passage from Spector of the Past by Timothy Zahn

I do agree that they never really improved on the LS/DS style of role playing in KotOR II though, but IMO, I didn't think they did any worse. Overall, KotOR III needs to improve on the LS/DS ways of role playing and needs to expand more on the neutral way of role playing, because some people such as my self don't want to be LS or DS.

same here bc im like a passionite light sidey person.... but im more grey

"She was short, she was furry, she was loud, and she was determined to sell him a melon"- random passage from Spector of the Past by Timothy Zahn

Fair enough. For me, I like the role playing in KotOR II more not because there were better things to do, but because Kreia actually made me question by beliefs. I thought about the consequences of my choices more in KotOR II.

This never happened in KotOR. No one ever made me question my beliefs, I just stuck to what I wanted to do and that

Edited by Xard

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

Seriously though, my "rambles" here are nothing to compared to... few others places :thumbsup:

Oh well, back on topic

Depends on what flexibility is being questioned about. K2 did have complexity and depth. Was simply suggesting that the Exile could have been female/male without having to cycle through a few games just to discover what it would have been like playing as a male PC with Handmaiden or a female PC with Disciple. Besides, with an influence system in place, there can't be any problem with excessive dialogue.

Also, previous argument was simply that it was easier to play through K1 without having to go through 'cycling'. Although whether it meets standard of a KotOR is open to discussion.

Second game was unexpectedly flexible, to extent where character could level up beyond 20 or so. Lvl 20 satisfies basic requirements for playing actually.

Edited by vaxen83

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧

• 2 weeks later...
Send/Kill GO-TO and Visas off the Ebon Hawk.

Have both Brianna the Handmaiden and Mical the Disciple.

Be Sion, killing Nihilus.

Well that's some of them.

I agree, but something:

I'll definitely use my repair skill to rig the GOTO to make fireworks.

Look, fireworks!

csicoruscantek4.jpgcsinarshaddaale5.jpg

| RP Fic: Knightfall | RP: Knightfall: The duel between Light and Dark |

Savoir, conqueror, hero, villian...You're all those things...--Emperor Skywalker to CSI, redeemed Darth Nihilus.