What should Obsidian do?  

68 members have voted

1. 1. What should Obsidian do?

• Addons for NWN2!
    • Another D&D-game
    • A game based on Vampire: Requiem
    • A new IP
    • KOTOR III GODDAMMIT!

If I had to play a generic "save-the-world-and-kill-demons-and-bush****-elven-damsels"-crpg in generic fantasy world, I'd like it to be the richest one: Dragonlance. That thing is so good, the novels are awful, but oh the world is so good Tolkien-strain apocalyptic high fantasy.

A serious crpg should have a different world, however.

actually, while I don't see it happening, a Dragonlance RPG would probably rock, especially if Obsidian wrote it. I agree, Dragonlance is very Tolkienesque, very epic, VERY CINEMATIC if you know what I mean.

It would sell like hotcakes.

I would like to see a expansion for NWN2 that would be intitled "the black hound" :):)

"Ooo, squirrels, Boo! I know I saw them! Quick, throw nuts!" -Minsc

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

They can't: DX10 is a complete re-write of the whole graphics API, I don't think it would even be possible to patch XP with DX10.

Do you believe that? I always figured it was Microsoft's lame excuse to get people to move quicker from XP to Vista. I guess we'll see a few months after DX10 is released; some hacker will probably try to port the entire API to XP.. and succeed.

Having thought about it overnight, I can see that it isn't impossible ... but it certainly wouldn't be trivial, either. Who knows how many and deep the DirectX graphics subsystem's roots are embedded ..? :ermm:

Also, nVidia has (allegedly: it's all rumour at this point) chosen a conservative implementation for its G80 (DX10) chip: 32 pixel shaders and 16 unit array for vertex and geometric work (as opposed to ATi's R600 which apparently has four unified 16 unit arrays (64) up from the current R580's 48 pixel and 8 vertex shaders). The reason this is interesting is that the nVidia chip isn't strictly a unified design, so it sounds like it might be possible to break down the Windows Display Driver Model (WDDM) instructions into something that a DirectX9 GPU might understand.

On the negative side, however, is the main benefit for DirectX10 is to reduce the admin overhead for drawing more objects on screen, as well as making a madatory code path for drivers (so no more engines optimised for one GPU over another).

So, on balance, I don't think it would be worth the time, money and effort to port DirectX 10 to XP, as it sounds like it would be too slow to be useful.

But there are a lot of ifs and buts in there. :wacko:

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

http://img217.imageshack.us/my.php?image=scanbnw9.jpg

orginal article from pc gamer oct 2004 d & d 30th anniversary issue

enjoy :wacko:  (w00t)

2 years and not another word .... well well ....... is it still in the works????????

that article was the last word on BG3. I think everyone's guess is it's vaporware

Anyway, I voted for an expansion. I know of no d&d crpg that is coming out in the future from Atari, so I have to hope NWN2 continues to get supported for my d&d fix.

Edited by Ellester

Life is like a clam. Years of filtering crap then some bastard cracks you open and scrapes you into its damned mouth, end of story.

- Steven Erikson

Am I allowed to suggest that they devote all their time to space exploration, and perfect the gaussian meatball sandwich?

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

How about create a Gauss rifle?  :o

It was lunchtime. I like to get my priorities in order by time.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

one of the concepts with BG that was never truly settled was the desire for the circle of 8 (presumably) to stop him. a sequel could easily follow up that hunt, with the new protagonist dismayed by the carnage left in the path of the bhaalspawn. it wouldn't be a quest to be a god, it would be a quest to stop one. perhaps your motivation would be the destruction of your lands from one of the massive battles that took place. maybe splinter groups from the iron throne are also after the bhaalspawn as either revenge, or to reclaim what they thought they had coming to them under sarevok.

from what i recall, the stuff that JES worked on in the final days of black isle was connected to BG in name only and, interplay still owns those rights. i.e. TBH would NOT be obsids next project unless frenchie got even more desparate for money and sold the assets off cheap. just as an aside that's sort of on topic... :o

taks

comrade taks... just because.

They could do 3d, multiplayer Liero.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Childhood?

And the Gauss gun is the weapon of choice for those with proper Liero skills.

Heja Sverige!!

The first "beta" of Liero was done around -94. And man, it was awesome.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I played it for the first time around '98.

Heja Sverige!!

Hellfire and shotgun! And dud gun.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

I unless the rules involved randomize, I'd always choose the Gauss Gun, the Spikeballs, the Larpa, the Doomsday and the Super Shotgun. These were the best weapons, hands down.

Also, I played it with 100% reload times.

Edited by Pidesco

Heja Sverige!!

Instant reload + chiquita bombs = pure insanity

:wub:

kirottu said:

That's fun at first, but it gets old pretty quickly. My specialty is hitting people with the gauss gun from across the map. :D

P.S.: My innocent post seems to have derailed the thread. :">

Heja Sverige!!

It's all in good faith. I was momentarily nostalgic, thanks.

kirottu said:

Now, if only there was a proper online version, I could kick your wormy ass again and again. :wub:

Heja Sverige!!

You? Kick? My ass?

Pfffffft. With a capital P.

kirottu said: