And so it has begun..

mkreku

Preorder begins and BAM!, it hits eBay: http://video-games.search.ebay.com/playsta...Z1QQsacatZ62054

Also, gotta love EB games..

http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=4497

All those machines are probably put up there by Ebay employees. Sick.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Preorder begins and BAM!, it hits eBay: http://video-games.search.ebay.com/playsta...Z1QQsacatZ62054

Also, gotta love EB games..

http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=4497

Capitalism as its best; if no one was willing to purchase the units at that price then there wouldn't be an issue.

The only problem that I have with this is that the demographic willing to shell out these types of dollars end up having an inordinately high amount of influence in the type of games created for each platform.

As the price for these systems rise, more people who'd be willing to shell out $50 for a game will be turned off from the high up front cost of the system. I predict that a company will someday release a gaming platform for 100 or less - or even for free.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

According to a newspost on Ctrl-Alt-Del only 10% of the alloted machines have been pre-ordered yet, making this even more crazy. As the man says, at least those out to make a buck could have waited until the machine is actually sold out.

Uhm.. Don't tell me you believe a blogpost on a.. cartoon site (or whatever it is)? Not exactly scientifically produced numbers :)

If someone packaged poo in little boxes, said only 400,000 were produced and started selling them, people would still buy those boxes like crazy. People. Are. Stupid.

Why couldn't they just be put up by some random joe? Unless you're thinkinging EB employees, not Ebay employees.

While the guy is complaining because EB Games/Gamestop employees don't have to wait in line, what EB/Gamestop did is hardly unique, nor do I really mind that the store wants their employees to be able to get one. Sounds a bit like sour grapes to that Kotaku writer.

As for his suspicions about the evil EB Games people buying it and selling it, I guarantee that if I could get a copy of that console I'd sell it on EBay too.

Edited by alanschu

Yup, I meant EB Games. Sorry about the confusion.

By the way, about only 10% being pre-ordered, I couldn't find any official numbers, but I found this very recent study about the interest in next generation consoles:

http://www.next-gen.biz/index.php?option=c...d=3978&Itemid=2

"According to the study by Los Angeles based Interpret, 8.9 million U.S consumers

Edited by mkreku

Hah. Hehhehheh. Hahhhaaaahaaawhaaa! :lol:

What kind of idiot would buy something priced like that?

Don't tell me, a quarter billion probably. :D It's just so freakin hilarious. I wish I knew if they are suffering from a serious lack of funds or if they just consider that price reasonable.

What is most interesting is that if PS3 fails, or when it fails, will Microsoft grab console market by the balls.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Gates hasn't led MS since 8 years.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

If someone packaged poo in little boxes, said only 400,000 were produced and started selling them, people would still buy those boxes like crazy. People. Are. Stupid.

It's about time for pet rocks to make a comeback.

Although they weren't in short supply, it's amazing to see what hype can do for a product.

from the going-online-take-me-away-we'll-go-online dept.

Eurogamer has details of Sony's online strategy for the PlayStation 3. Finally. The long article goes into the process by which you log into the service, some of the things you can expect to find online, the different aspects of user accounts, and finally some details about the PlayStation Store. From the article: "As to the content that will be available, Sony is still playing its cards close to its chest to some extent - but one thing the giant firm is clear on is that the PlayStation Store will grow to encompass more than just new game content and demos. Alongside the free and paid-for game content, the store will also play host to a wide range of new titles developed specifically for download (the first of which, fl0w, was shown off at TGS - dozens more PlayStation Store exclusive titles are being worked on around the world thanks to an initiative which Sony launched at GDC last year) - and as Ken Kutaragi revealed at TGS last month, it'll also be possible to buy PSone and PS2 classics you missed out on, as well as a selection of PSP games, from the PlayStation Store, and download them directly to your PS3." After all this time, it's nice just to know there is an online strategy.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT