A new crisis on the horisont

Rosbjerg

Unsurprisingly, I think both Di and Lonewolf have good points.

And I do think comparing the Final Solution of the Jews to a few mockings of Muhammed, to be stretching it just a tiny bit.

I know that what we see in the news doesn't represent all muslims, I know that it's probably the extremists and/or fundamentalists in particular whom we've pissed off, which I personally don't mind, since they wouldn't think twice about having us, in the west, mass murdered in the name of their twisted version of islam.

It wasn't the "final solution" at that time. The "final solution" came later, Lucius.

I don't know what will happen later with us.

But if we kill alot we will kill them in their own cities - so it will be different, if not completely different.

As dark is the absence of light, so evil is the absence of good.

If you would destroy evil, do good.

Evil cannot be perfected. Thank God.

It's two completely different senarios set apart not only by different world affairs, but also by no less than 60-70 years. You can't compare the two, at all.

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

there is a fine line when it comes to satire/comedy/karikature and ironic statements.. While we glady make fun of Christians we don't do so out of spite - but even if we do we are all a part of the religion and so we are poking fun at it from the inside.. which is something different entirely! White people can make all the jokes they want about other white people (from the inside as well), but once white people are poking fun at other ethnic groups a line has been crossed.. this we accept fully in western society! so why is that different from religion?

When one group laughs at the expense of another group they are humiliating them, this is simple psychology.. The muslims world must feel attacked because it seems to them that both our religion and our culture thinks less of them - since we are ridiculing their most sacred..

(edit: This is where Danes are misunderstood - we make fun of people to show them that we accept them .. because we use humor to create a bond - and irony to show our friend that we can make fun of them, that they are part of the inner circle .. you can't make fun of anyone, in a good way, unless you truely accept them)

what we need to understand is that we can't go about feeling superior - because I suspect we do! this again adds to the insult.. while they are clearly crossing a much more serious line than us - by burning embassies and killing (mostly each other) - we must still accept and understand that these feelings stem from something deeper! they don't just simply hate us by default - they are human beings and we are stepping on both their culture and religion all the time, if ever so diplomatic and "acceptable" (by western standards) .. it's the lack of respect that is the issue here - not wether or not we have a right to do it (by our laws)..

I doubt that both Europeans and Americans truely wish to understand the world around us .. we are happy enough to see things from our perspective and judge others accordingly - our cultures have been dominant for the last millenium - so we must be right! right? ..... I feel that this is the overall sentiment, even if it's not expressed .. so I totally understand why we are regarded as arrogant and distant.. we sit from our high courts and judge all those who lead different lives than us .. while I can understand the need to control, for instance, Irans ability to aquire Nuclear Weapons. I can't help but feel a bit hypocritical about it - we are like the bully at school who refuses other kids to play anything but our game!

Now I'm not saying we should disregard countries who openly supress their populace, but we need to back down just a bit - we can't control the world, nor should we .. if we are to influence them culturally we must do so by conviction and not force! You can't make a functional democracy through force of military or threaths.. although there are some evils in this world that must be fought - I just wish we wouldn't fight everything we see as too different..

- Rosbjerg

Edited by Rosbjerg

Fortune favors the bald.

...Please excuse raging sarcasm. I am so sick of this hateful trash and yet I am starting to do it myself. Bah!

Hateful trash? I see. Pointing out that repeatedly rioting, burning and killing in the name of one's religion is a bad, bad thing... and making excuses for those who are rioting, burning and killing in the name of one's religion is also a bad thing is now hateful trash. Sure, you can go back through the decades and centuries and find a group of Jews or Christians, Americans or Israelis or Europeans who have done bad things in the name of their religion/country... so is that how you shut up someone commenting on the way things are today, by basically saying "others have done it too, so criticizing what's being done by Muslims is hateful trash?"

I honestly do not recall global riots in a dozen countries around the globe because of cartoons or a pope's reference to something said centuries ago happening in the past few years amongst the Jewish or Christian community. There aren't too many Christian churchs or Jewish synagogs that preach the destruction of the Muslim community and plans to take over the earch in the name of their god... but there are one hell of a lot of extremists Islamist mosques and madrasseh's that preach that very thing. Is it a minority of Muslims? Yes, I believe so... but there are over 1.3 billion Muslims in the world today, and millions of them are extremists. We don't currently have millions of Christians and Jews blowing folks up on a near-daily basis and plotting to take over the world. By the way, I'm neither Christian or Jewish.

Please get off your self-righteous high horse. Simply pointing out the obvious that can be read in global headlines and expressing disapproval that people who preach death and destruction of those who do not believe as they are, extremists that they may be, is not hateful trash, sir. It is an unpleasant reality.

Edited by ~Di

Di,

Muslims are included as sources in the hateful trash comment. But since you and and I and some others are doing such a good job of putting them down and calling them out I thought it wasn't really necessary for me to add my voice to the overall anti-muslim roar here.

I will get off my high horse some other time. I can see better from up here right now. Even if my head is too small for my hat! :thumbsup:

Rosbjerg,

Nice. :thumbsup:

Good writing too. :p

You should wear my hat. It's too big for me. It would fit you better. :)

Edited by Colrom

Di,

Muslims are included as sources in the hateful trash comment. But since you and and I and some others are doing such a good job of putting them down and calling them out I thought it wasn't really necessary for me to add my voice to the overall anti-muslim roar here.

I will get off my high horse some other time. I can see better from up here right now. Even if my head is too small for my hat!  :(

r00fles! Maybe some people here might take you seriously if you weren't so flamboyantly biased. You are so bent on demonizing western society and associated religions you have yet to outright condemn the Muslims for their reactions. You say they were included in your hateful trash comment, but most of your attacks so far have been at the West. Why don't you show some sympathy for the people killed in these protests or the buildings burnt? In every post so far you make Muslims seem like helpless victims being bullied by the big bad west. Screw freedom of speech, screw being brought into the twenty-first century, just don't draw those evil cartoons! I don't know where you get off making some comparison between this and the final solution; I can't even begin to describe the bare-faced ridiculousness of that comment. (this is why I practically laughed my head off when you told me to 'find the truth for myself') I'm sorry, but this is not the same thing, as has already been said.

The west are not the bad guys, here. The bad guys here are those stuck in the dark ages who have no respect for freedom of speech; who burn buildings and threaten jihad against others just over some cartoons. Maybe 500 years ago that behavior would be acceptable, but not today. Look Christians and Jews are made fun of all the time in today's world. Those good ol' extremists in the ME day after day denounce us as infidels to be killed. But you don't see a lot of buildings being burnt down over here, do you? You think it's tough being a Muslim in Europe or America? Just try being a Jew in the ME. So yes, do us all a favor and get off your moral high-horse. It died a long time ago.

Edited by Dark Moth

as a show of solidarity for those victims of the notoriously cruel and sharp dane wit, Gromnir is gonna quit purchasing danish products until they get their act together.

for the foreseeable future, Gromnir will no longer be purchasing his canned hams and container ships from denmark. is a difficult sacrifice we make, but we does so in the name of justice.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

as a show of solidarity for those victims of the notoriously cruel and sharp dane wit, Gromnir is gonna quit purchasing danish products until they get their act together.

for the foreseeable future, Gromnir will no longer be purchasing his canned hams and container ships from denmark.  is a difficult sacrifice we make, but we does so in the name of justice.

HA! Good Fun!

as long as you realize that not every Dane is supporting the idea of ridiculing other nations .. and that those who do, actually want the ME to be hateful, in order to rally supoort for their twisted cause.. so by supporting a boykott you are actually sending the signal that the free expression of thought and ideas are wrong .. and so you are actually supporting all the wrong groups in all the wrong places!

Some people want a war - and they want the general population to be fearful - but in order to do this they must convince them that, not only are they in danger - they can't speak out either...

Fortune favors the bald.

It might just be me, but I think Gromnir was using sarcasm

Even if he wasn't, I couldn't care less if people want to buy our goods or not. They are free to do whatever they please.

Edited by Lucius

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

Heh,

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/5329642.stm

A Muslim boycott of Danish goods led to a 15.5% drop in total exports between February and June. Trade to the Middle East fell by half, statistics show.

Dansk Industri said it would still be some time before a complete picture emerged of how much the boycott had cost the country.

Dansk Industri will tell you the apocalypse is coming when they're afraid of a minor setback in exports, they're a bunch of sheep, think nothing of it, we're rich. :thumbsup:

Edited by Lucius

DENMARK!

nonetheless it was a setback for many of the companies affected.. luckily the ME is not our main source of income .. so all in all we can't really feel the effect here.. but I laughed when it turned out that on of the countries in question had a small "crisis" of their own back when they were boykotting us .. as they ran almost completely out of dairy products.. hehe

Fortune favors the bald.

nonetheless it was a setback for many of the companies affected.. luckily the ME is not our main source of income .. so all in all we can't really feel the effect here.. but I laughed when it turned out that on of the countries in question had a small "crisis" of their own back when they were boykotting us .. as they ran almost completely out of dairy products.. hehe

That was one of my problems during my boycott.

I like Danish cheese. :thumbsup:

The stuff I ate instead was a pale substitute. :x

I suspended my boycott a little while ago and am eating much better now. :lol: