Mass Effect Interview

Volourn

yes, this is the game that will bring a 360 into my living room.

(it is actually an entire trilogy of games!).

I agree that the Bard's Tale-like dialogue system is something of a concern but, who knows, that might actually be better than anticipated. I suspect that emote dialogue is going to be something of a trend since it is the only way to have a game in which every single spoken word is in Full VO.

It is all about sacrificing control for overall polish. All in all, I think I'd prefer control.

"I suspect that emote dialogue is going to be something of a trend since it is the only way to have a game in which every single spoken word is in Full VO."

Oh really? :mellow:

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

"I suspect that emote dialogue is going to be something of a trend since it is the only way to have a game in which every single spoken word is in Full VO."

Oh really? :(

yes, that is the only benefit in my opinion...but perhaps you were trying to be sarcastic....in that case, I was simply trying to point out that it is a trade off....polish or control, not both.

Don't forget Star Wars Episode I The Phantom Menace game.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

The deflecting itself was fine, but I just got shot up to easily. I didn't know how to properly attempt to deflect. I just held down the attack button and Obi-Wan would kind of wave his lightsaber back and forth, but it seemed random.

I much preferred Jedi Power Battles.

http://www.gamersquad.com/category/Intervi...ass-Effect-Q-A/

Interview + video.

Most interesting tidbit is how experience points are handled. :ph34r:

Sounds reasonable.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I'm looking forward to this perhaps even more than I'm looking forward to NWN2. It all looks very Deus-Exy. I'm just hoping it's not as... stiff-feeling as the other recent Bioware games.

I don't know yet. Deus Ex a more mature presentation than most Bioware-games. Not only that, but the story seems like a total rip-off from the popular anime Vandread. But the gameplay and the scope of the gameworld seems nice though :(

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy