Delayed Again!

*Sniff*... *Sniff*...

That smell is slightly familiar. Has a whiff of Interplay (R.I.P.) about it :ph34r:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

"TOEE"

TOEE's release was delayed twice. I wouldn't call that an 'early' release, and definitely not pushed to one. I think TOEE is an example of a developer taking on more than they can handle.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

what kept KOTOR2 from being more well-recieved were the glitches.

No. More the unfinished plotholes and the rushing storyline...

And I just KNEW that adding in animations one month before release was a case of bad late management and would be a sign for things to come (like this).

But thank you to all people who tried to defend J.E. for the well-management he did and how he was able to put it all in and well (read: debugged) before the shipping Oct. 15 :unsure:"

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

A delay is always annoying, but it's also a sign of people trying to do the right thing, i.e. not releasing an unfinished game.

Either that or Atari has some "plan" with this delay for marketing purposes. I doubt it though.

Oh, and Battlesucky, you are inherently negative and whiny. Why do you even bother?

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

A ten day delay is nothing, I hope its enough to sort the problems out

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

A delay is always annoying, but it's also a sign of people trying to do the right thing

DNF will be the best game ever... :unsure:

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

No it is not.  I hope they are using this time to finish things up and such.  I hate to see the game is delayed due to a marketing decision on Atari's part.  I am wondering how many people are going to ditch DDO when NWN 2 is released.

There is a free ten-day pass to DDO included with the NwN 2 Limited Edition products.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

The delay is a minor annoyance compared to releasing a buggy or an incomplete game.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

And I just KNEW that adding in animations one month before release was a case of bad late management and would be a sign for things to come (like this).

Don't be a troll.

You are just demonstrating yet again that have NO IDEA about managing a project, much less the Software Development Life Cycle in a team.

The (probably marketing-inspired) delay does in no way validate your ludicrous theories and attempts at self-aggradizement.

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

The delay is a minor annoyance compared to releasing a buggy or an incomplete game.

Buggy/incomplete games don't seem to bother OE, nor Atari...

And I have seen how Delays *improved* OE stuff (1.0B anyone?)...

Don't be a troll.

You are just demonstrating yet again that have NO IDEA about managing a project, much less the Software Development Life Cycle in a team.

The (probably marketing-inspired) delay does in no way validate your ludicrous theories and attempts at self-aggradizement.

Insulting members a new addition to the mod-etiquette?

And it seems that this delay demonstrates once again the leaders of this project have neither. How many delays did they had so far already? And unlike some other projects (S.T.A.L.K.E.R.) I doubt that the delays here can fix up whatever it is that they deemed broken enough to delay for. I just don't get the impression OE exactly knows what the hell it is doing with NWN2...

If that is because of the amount of times and dates all the pushbackes are; or the info given why release was pushed back; I dunno; but fate in a good NWN2 faded long ago...

^

I doubt that the delays here can fix up whatever it is that they deemed broken enough to delay for.

Your doubt has no foundation, and if it does, you have not even tried to tell us what that is. That's like saying "I doubt the president of France in the year 2017 can do a good job."

If that is because of the amount of times and dates all the pushbackes are; or the info given why release was pushed back; I dunno; but fate in a good NWN2 faded long ago...

Ever followed HL2 before it came out?

Or NWN? I remember tracking it regularly for about 3 years, half of which was after the first projected release date.

And it seems that this delay demonstrates once again the leaders of this project have neither. How many delays did they had so far already? And unlike some other projects (S.T.A.L.K.E.R.) I doubt that the delays here can fix up whatever it is that they deemed broken enough to delay for. I just don't get the impression OE exactly knows what the hell it is doing with NWN2...

You just gave S.T.A.L.K.E.R. as an example of a project with good time management and/or purposeful and well thought out schedule/delays?!!

Tell me you're not this dumb; that you're just pretending to get a rise out of people.

Right?

Right?!

DEADSIGS.jpg

RIP

what kept KOTOR2 from being more well-recieved were the glitches.

No. More the unfinished plotholes and the rushing storyline...

But thank you to all people who tried to defend J.E. for the well-management he did and how he was able to put it all in and well (read: debugged) before the shipping Oct. 15 :)"

Hassat, stop pulling a Hades. :p

Harvey

You just gave S.T.A.L.K.E.R. as an example of a project with good time management and/or purposeful and well thought out schedule/delays?!!

No; as an example where it seems delays get USED (unlike say; DNF or NWN2; or HL2) to make the product better...

They messed up pretty well there management-wise!

Hassat, stop pulling a Hades.  :)

Sry... didn't knew it was copyrighted :p

^

Don't be a troll.

Insulting members a new addition to the mod-etiquette?

Parapraxia.

And I'm sure your very worthy opinion is weighing heavily on the collective minds of the Obsidian development team.

No; as an example where it seems delays get USED (unlike say; DNF or NWN2; or HL2) to make the product better...

They messed up pretty well there management-wise!

How can you presume to prognosticate on the quality of games that have not been released?

You should pull your pants up and give your face a go ...

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT