Blissful eternity

Atreides

Would you accept a blissful existance?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Would you accept a blissful existance?

• Yes
    • No
    • Neo should have taken both pills

In HotU when you break into the Main Ilithid's chamber you're transported to a vision of perfection - paradise where everything is perfect. Your friends, your love, your life. But it's not necessarily the truth.

In the Matrix, "real" people are hooked up to the same server. Real people interact through an artificial medium not knowing that it's not really real, but they could lead blissful lives.

Now if you had the choice to live a perfect/blissful life in your mind (probably eventually forgetting the previous life), would you accept or would you prefer to stick to reality with all its imperfections? Conditions?

Spreading beauty with my katana.

I don't mean to be hokey, but I wouldn't accept unless I could take all youse with me. Would be rotten to be hooting it up in perfection knowing everyone else was still suffering.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Walsh beat me to it. :thumbsup:

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

But they didn't lead blissful lives in the Matrix, because perfection wasn't accepted and 'whole crops were lost.' Thus the Matrix life is full of strife. :thumbsup:

The question - I don't know and can't answer until such a thing is possible and I could take it for a test run. :(

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I don't mean to be hokey, but I wouldn't accept unless I could take all youse with me. Would be rotten to be hooting it up in perfection knowing everyone else was still suffering.

This all sounds great and all but what about our bliss? You would prevent us from experiencing our own blissful lives just so you can have yours?

Selfish jerk!

I am, of course, joking.

Who's to say this life is real?

And I have to add: a perfect life is impossible, since the "good things" are measured by the "bad things". Or: the only way you can feel sad is if you've felt something really good before (and vice versa), so you have to take the bad with the good.

Am I the only one who doesn't get astr0creep's post?

He would be taking us all with him. For his bliss. Although it could be a great thing and the intention is noble, I would not want to forced into someone else's bliss.

Anyway it was a stupid joke and don't worry, nobody gets my posts.

Am I the only one who doesn't get astr0creep's post?

He would be taking us all with him. For his bliss. Although it could be a great thing and the intention is noble, I would not want to forced into someone else's bliss.

Anyway it was a stupid joke and don't worry, nobody gets my posts.

Oh, OK. I get it now. I assumed you'd all have your tailor made bits 'o bliss in the great Blisstopia. I sure as hell wouldn't expect you to enjoy my own bliss. For starters I'd imagine many of you would have more blackjack, and hookers.

And as for life without pain having no meaning (Schopenhauer, if I'm not mistaken) I rather suspect that the lack of meaning would constitute JUST enough suffering to keep me happy. :(

EDIT: 'Mighty' moderator... *snigger*

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I think unless I know that the others in my reality are real (or forget that part) as well and not just simulations I'd probably eventually go into depression because I'd feel empty.

Probably turn out emo while being fed exotic fruit platters and wine in a Roman villa.

Spreading beauty with my katana.

Bliss? I'll take one please! I'd rather live on a happy lie than living a depressing life on a lie, because of something as silly as sexuality.

Edited by Lucius

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

I think I would be even more miserable if I was happy all the time .. all my emotions tend to get a bit ****ed up once one of them hit extreme.. so no thanks, although I wouldn't mind an illusion I would mind one that was too obvious!

Fortune favors the bald.