Unkillable enemies discussion

Judge Hades

Its not the specific opponent that I am talking about.  It is the situation itself in which you know your life is in danger.  That you have a damn good chance of getting killed.  In that sort of harried situation, regardless of the opponent, most people are not going to be thinking straight and be able to solve puzzles.

I am pretty sure that most people, upon recognizing the futility of their current actions, are going to look for alternative solutions.

Though to be honest, "most" people wouldn't do much in a combat situation. "Most" people would probably cower in fear. "Most" people wouldn't last long enough to even have a straight fight, let alone think about a puzzle.

The thing is, in a video game, do you really play a character that is like "most" people, or are you perhaps a bit more cognizant of your actions when your character is understress.

You say you play the game through the eyes of your character. So when your vampire saw Nines (who already saved your ass on more than one occassion, and is immensely respected by friend and foe alike) shaking in his boots because of the prospect of a possible werewolf being in the area, you figured you'd do what "most" people would do, and shoot at the creature that Nines just said was futile to go up against?

In fact, I'd think that "most" people would probably run into the observatory out of fear itself. Fight or Flight. Those that fight would get killed, so you might as well go with flight.

That does not change th fact that they made the werewolf invulnerable.

Now the way I would have done it is have the time limit, made the werewolf still have its strong attacks, but vulnerable to damage and killable. However it would have major damage reduction and hit points.

It still a pretty much a killing machine but those who have the stronger weapons, such as the uber machine guns and flamethrowers, can kill it in a sustained fight. Now the ammo usage will most probably make this not a cost effective option but nonetheless the option is there.

Unfortunately Bloodlines did not survive my reformat, so I can't check what weapons you would actually have available to you, though according to Spider, it sounds like the Flamethrower wouldn't have been too effective.

Furthermore, a big problem with something like this is that it poses a very obvious advantage to players that use guns, since I doubt a brujah is going to really be able to punch it to death. When you start making various characters have a significant disadvantage to other builds, then that's when you start getting into poor design.

Edited by alanschu

It still a pretty much a killing machine but those who have the stronger weapons, such as the uber machine guns and flamethrowers, can kill it in a sustained fight.  Now the ammo usage will most probably make this not a cost effective option but nonetheless the option is there.

I think this would cheapen the weerewolf too much. Machine guns and flamethrowers shouldn't cut it against werewolves. They're tougher than that. Bring silver or stay at home.

(or at least some sort of magical weaponry)

As for what weaponry is available, I'm pretty sure you can have the flamethrower by that time. Still shouldn't be enough imo.

"Would you mind standing still and not blocking my blows so I can decapitate you?"

"Aooowrrrrrrrr, followerrrrrr of Wurrrrmm graaaahhh!!!*snap*"

"Guess not then...was worth a try"

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Unfortunately Bloodlines did not survive my reformat, so I can't check what weapons you would actually have available to you, though according to Spider, it sounds like the Flamethrower wouldn't have been too effective.

Furthermore, a big problem with something like this is that it poses a very obvious advantage to players that use guns, since I doubt a brujah is going to really be able to punch it to death.  When you start making various characters have a significant disadvantage to other builds, then that's when you start getting into poor design.

That is why the Observation doors would still be an option. The point is even thought the werewolf is tough it is not invincible.

Meh, someone else can aquient you with World of Darkness-fluff.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

In real life combat situation I would totally own werewolf. I agree with Hades. He is sarmt and stuff!

Another person with thier head stuck up their ass. Company for you, Llyr.

But but I own werewolfes every day. You shouldn

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Yeah, and you should know that all Helsinkians, including Kiro-kun, are vampires.

kirottu said:

Furthermore, a big problem with something like this is that it poses a very obvious advantage to players that use guns, since I doubt a brujah is going to really be able to punch it to death.  When you start making various characters have a significant disadvantage to other builds, then that's when you start getting into poor design.

That is why the Observation doors would still be an option. The point is even thought the werewolf is tough it is not invincible.

No, it's poor design. One group of people get easy street where they just flame the thing down, and make the scene exceptionally anticlimactic, where the other group has to actually survive the werewolf and is essentially defenseless and has a much more difficult time.

Yeah, and you should know that all Helsinkians, including Kiro-kun, are vampires.

And drunken vampires at best! I just got home from a bar. Luckily no werewolves this night.

I got invited to birthday party next weekend.

Leena-chan: "Vilma said it

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.