The Top 100 Games of the 21st Century

Volourn

Besides Bioware is busy hyping Mass Effect. After Mass Effect 1 comes out more information about JE 2 might be more forthcoming. Besides it is somewhat unreasonable to expect Bioware, or any company for that matter, to spill the beans in full about their projects. Leave the unreasonable to me, Grommie.

Tigranes: Nope. It is a fun action CRPG. There are some aspects I don't like about it, like the stupid minigames, but for the most part it was worth my money.

Edited by Judge Hades

"also, as you noted, the je2 bit sounds like nothing, don't it? bio ain't working on it and there ain't no expansion. bio claims to have ip rights to je so unless bio is working on it..."

BIO also denied the existence of JE PC. And, look at that? JE PC exists!!!! WOWSERS!!!!

However, as per usual, you ignored the main point.

You wrote: "microsoft obviously already has for all practical purposes announced that je sales were underwhelming, or they woulda' pushed to gets a sequel or expansion released."

In response, I wrote:  "MS announced JE2 not longer after JE was released."

Game over.

show us. we recall microsoft saying that they were considering the possibility, but we never seen a presser from them announcing je2. you might be right, and we will happily admit if you is, but Gromnir never saw no presser... and games don't get announced on the sly.

oh, and bio said multiple times that they had no current plans to makes je for pc... and at the time it were probably true. but after je clearly failed to make money on console, no doubt alternate avenues were considered. fact that after bio said no je pc we now gots je pc should be further evidence for you that je were not a great seller for xbox.

of course if you thinks bio lied about je pc development, then why would you believe 'em 'bout good sales of je?

wacky.

oh, and if alan can get rob to discuss what his impressions o' biowarian commerce with boards we would be grateful.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

1. Do a search. I've posted this link more than A few times on multiple boards. Check IGN for example. I'm sure an article, or two about JE2 is there. I'm not going to babysit your internet surfing.

2. It's not a matter of 'believing'; BIO. It's a matter of nobody giving real evidence that JE was a failure, dissapointment, or whatever.

None of know what the financial/sales goals were for JE. Were they 250k? 500k? 1 mil? 2 mil? How long did they expect to reach the sales figures? How much did the game actually cost to make, hype, and market? How much money did it make? Until you (or anyone) can give hard data on this stuff I have no reason to take your word.

What we do know is that JE sold some 500k+ copies (see the + sign) after about 6 months.

At $50 a sale (cost me $65) at the absolute bare minimum of 500k copies (after 6 months or so) that's 25 million dollars AT MINIMUM that the game made.

So, prove to me that JE took upwards of $30 million to develop, publish, and sell and that the game somehow stopped selling exactly at 500k copies (again, see the + sign).

Game over.

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Besides, who gives a smeg if the game was a financial success or failure. That isn't our business. That is the affair of Bioware and Microsoft. As gamers, the only thing we need to concern ourself with is if th game is fun or not and did we get our money's worth out of it.

Nothing else matters.

1. Do a search. I've posted this leak more than f ew times on multiple baords. Check IGn for exmaple. I'm sure an article, or two about JE2 is there. I'm not going to babysit your internet surfing.

2. It's not a matter of 'belieivng'; BIO. It's a matter of nobody giving real evidence that JE was a failure, dissapointment, or whatever.

None of know what the financial/sales goals were for JE. Were they  250k? 500k? 1 mil? 2 mil? How long did they expect to reach the sales figures? How much did the game actually cost to make, hype, and market? How much money did it make? Until you (or anyone) can give hard data on this stuff I have no reason to take your word.

What we do know is that JE sold some 500k+ copies (see the + sign) after about 6 months.

At $50 a sale (cost me $65) at the absolute bare minimum of 500k copies (after 6 months or so) that's 25 million dollars AT MINIMUM that the game made.

So, prove to me that JE took upwards of $30 million to develop, publish, and sell and that the game somehow stopped selling exactly at 500k copies (again, see the + sign).

Game over.

a leak? all you gots is a leak? how many rumors we has seen in these parts 'bout kotor3 and bg3 over the years? nevertheless, you believe the je rumor. why? 'cause it supports your silly theory of je commercial success?

HA!

oh, that is rich. you gonna have to do better than that.

and if you ain't gonna listen to josh, who clearly knows more than does Gromnir 'bout what kinda sales is needed to makes a developer and publisher happy, then we know you ain't gonna listen to Gromnir yet again.

bio lies and josh lies and everybody lies to vol... but he believes rumors of a leak... that is fantastic, honest.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

we did a search, and we saw all kinds of rumours, but nothing more concrete than wet tissue paper.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=jade+...el+announcement

thanks anyways. no microsoft announcement. closest thing we got is that bio is dedicated to the ip.

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir

After 2 seconds I found this. Not the article, I referred to earlier; but one that should (but, won't, I know) let you know that you simply don't know what youa re talking about.

Link: http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/619/619046p1.html

Quote: "IGN: There was an interview on Xbox.com with you about a month ago, and you said that in the future, yes, Microsoft would see sequels to the best sellers -- Forza Motorsport, Jade Empire, Project Gotham Racing, and Fable. Are you working with those developers right now on sequels on Xbox 360?

Shane: Yes. All of those. We have nothing to announce right now, but what I said in that interview still holds true going forward, which is that I think customers of those franchises can absolutely look forward to seeing them on the Xbox 360."

Game over, man. Game over.

oh come now. that is hardly an announcement o' a sequel. microsoft is in contact with bio regarding the possibility of a sequel... somehow that became a sequel in vol mind? no wonder you gets so tweaked.

yeah, microsoft wants fans to think they got a robust 360 lineup, but if you take anything else away from that little snippet...

we do agree on the "game over" bit.

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir

You two need to get a room.  Sheesh.  :blink:

you is just jealous that we ain't bashing you instead. like we said before, you IS a glutton.

am joking... somewhat.

HA! Good Fun!

"oh come now. that is hardly an announcement o' a sequel. microsoft is in contact with bio regarding the possibility of a sequel... somehow that became a sequel in vol mind? no wonder you gets so tweaked."

I never said that particular link was the announcement. I used that link to rpove that you didn't even try to find anything about MS and their thoughts on JE, JE2, or whatever.

What that link proves is that that MS though JE was anything BUT a failure, and have every intention of having a JE2. Read the question, and answer AGAIN. Please.

P.S. I'm not gonna spend x amount of time to find one partiuclar article for you. I did more than enough already to squash the idea that MS felt that JE was a failure.

for chrissakes vol, we DID find bunches of current articles hypothesizing 'bout a je sequel. if microsoft had announced a sequel, then why on earth would people be coming up with volesque theories trying to support the existence o' a je sequel? once je sequel were a fact there would be no more need for theories.

"What that link proves is that that MS though JE was anything BUT a failure, and have every intention of having a JE2. Read the question, and answer AGAIN. Please."

links to josh posts on the subject is full of proofs that you didn't like.

*shrug*

HA! Good Fun!

Read the question, and answer AGAIN. :blink:

prove that microsoft isn't planning on making je2?

HA!

anybody wanna tell vol what is wrong with that question?

HA! Good Fun!

"It's not falsifiable!!"

Except he's side stepping the actual question. The question was never "prove that microsoft isn't planning on making je2?"; but "prove that MS was dissapointed in JE2's finanical performance" or "prove that MS wasn't interested in a JE sequel.".

The article I linked to shows that the likelyhood of MS being dissapointed in JE is rather low, and that they *are* interested in a JE sequel.

Well, any publisher would be interested doing a partnership with Bioware. It's Bio after all that covers most (if not all now) development costs, and being a publisher/distributor of such a famous dev house does always let someone stand well in the lights. You can't expect that MS would speak bad (i.e. maybe says the truth about the mediocre sale numbers of JE) about Bio, and Bio itself wouldn't confess a financial failure, that wouldn't fit to Bio's "we're always optimistic" nature.

Nonetheless, rumours say that 2Kgames is gonna be the publisher of JEPC, which means a possible JE2 wouldn't need to be X360 exclusive anymore, unless Bio was unfortunate enough to sign a deal with MS again before the big merger with Pandemic happened.