Anyone fluent in Chinese?

Eddo36

I'm Chinese, I just don't speak it...lol. Parents won't help me out. I'm gonna get small-sized Chinese symbols on the side of my calf.

I want it to be translated to Happiness, Love, Inner Strength in that order. Anyone know if this correct order in Chinese? Or should Inner Strength be on top since it is two words?

Which way is correct?

happinesscharacter.jpg Happiness

lovecharacter.jpg Love

innerstrength.gif Inner Strength <--this will be vertical, no JS

Or

innerstrength.gif Inner Strength <--this will be vertical, no JS

happinesscharacter.jpg Happiness

lovecharacter.jpg Love

why won't your parents help?

Were you born in China?

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Perhaps we could try to reply to the inquiry and not turn this into a question period that I suspect would lead me to have to move and do stuff ...

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon:

no offense to josh, but tattoos is stoopid. you want inner strength, happiness and love? okie dokie. great. why not just get out a permanent marker and write, in english, "inner strength", "happiness", and "love" on your forehead. no doubt more people would gets your message that way as you is obviously not in/from china. sounds silly? write in chinese makes kewl... show ethnic pride and makes an esthetic statement?

if you is from a culture wherein a tattoo is earned after some sorta manhood ritual then yeah, we get it... gots more meaning than just some sorta fleshy billboard advertisement. otherwise tattoos is little more than a very visible and permanent expression o' the folly o' youth.

however, to answer your initial query, no, Gromnir is not fluent in chinese. sorry.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Old fashioned? Haven't tattoos been around for ages?

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

No, you're flawed Pidesco.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

You're flawed Petay.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

no offense to josh, but tattoos is stoopid. 

Gromnir is flawed it saddens me to say. Old fashion as well. A shame.

HA! Good Fun!

*pats dark_raven on head*

maybe when you get older you will understand.

HA!

got nothing to do with fashion in any case, old or new. folks of all ages do silly things 'cause they thinks such actions/expressions is kewl. fine. no harm. if is a mistake, then you learn and move on... but tattoos is permanent. dumb. heck, you gets drunk in vegas and gets yourself married and you can gets annuled with little fuss, but try to get rid of the that superman logo painted on your kiester and you out o' luck.

you loves goth music or picasso... not make no difference to Gromnir. just as bad to get silly goth tat as a the entire Guernica mural on your back. download a tune or buy a print, but turn yourself into walking advert is just foolish.

HA! Good Fun!

btw, we know you all hang on Gromnir's next responses, but we multi-task... you children gotta learn patience.

Edited by Gromnir

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

no offense to josh, but tattoos is stoopid.  you want inner strength, happiness and love?  okie dokie.  great.  why not just get out a permanent marker and write, in english, "inner strength", "happiness", and "love" on your forehead.  no doubt more people would gets your message that way as you is obviously not in/from china.  sounds silly?  write in chinese makes kewl... show ethnic pride and makes an esthetic statement?

if you is from a culture wherein a tattoo is earned after some sorta manhood ritual then yeah, we get it... gots more meaning than just some sorta fleshy billboard advertisement.  otherwise tattoos is little more than a very visible and permanent expression o' the folly o' youth.

however, to answer your initial query, no, Gromnir is not fluent in chinese.  sorry.

HA! Good Fun!

Thanks, dad.

if your dad gave you same advice, then maybe you should consider that he and Gromnir know more than do you. maybe not, but the possibility is worth reflection.

HA! Good Fun!

I asked whether the wording is correct, not what your thoughts are on what I do with my body.

If you don't know, don't care, or simply don't want to answer, I could care less about your uncalled for rant. Thanks.

What you meant to say was couldn't care less.

Does it really matter where the double-word part of the tattoo goes anyway...it's not going to make a difference whether it goes up the top or the bottom of the tattoo because it's going to be split up and assumingly not going to mean the same thing anyway if both tthe characters are seperate.

Flip a coin to decide or something, since it doesn't seem to make much difference.

That's ok Eddo, you just made a mistake is all.

Does it really matter where the double-word part of the tattoo goes anyway...it's not going to make a difference whether it goes up the top or the bottom of the tattoo because it's going to be split up and assumingly not going to mean the same thing anyway if both tthe characters are seperate.

Flip a coin to decide or something, since it doesn't seem to make much difference.

Thanks. Gonna ask some other pals to make sure.

That's just nonsensical.