33 Gothic 3 screenshots from HQ ingame footage

elkston

I also have a strong belief in letting discussions run their own course. If the thread derails then it derails. besides we are still disussing Gothic 3 for the most part, Alan. Now if we were talking about that Buffy action game that showed up on the X Box that would be a derailment.

I've never reported a post before. Feels...all kinds of dirty.

Now that we are over that little chapter in the life span of this topic, could we discuss the game's awesomeness again and not the supposed lack of it? Thank you.

On that note, has there been any notions on the size and the scale of the world when comparing it to the island of Khorinis? I know there's a million npcs and quests along with around triple the habitations(like villages and camps and stuff) than both Gothics had, but what about the size of the map? Anyone?

Oh yeah, is there mounts? I'd kill for a camel.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

From the underwhelming amount of Gothic mods out there, I doubt the third installment will offer more.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

On that note, has there been any notions on the size and the scale of the world when comparing it to the island of Khorinis?

The Gothic 3 gameworld is roughly three times the size of Gothic 2, so basically it's huuuge.

Here is one question I have.  How moddable is it?  Its going to be the contemporary of Oblivion and NWN 2, which both game will be highly moddable.  The more moddable a game i th longer the shelf life it has.  Just look at BG 2 and NWN 1.  :blink:

They usually release mod tools after the game is released, and Gothic 2 had a lot of german mods (and I mean a lot). I don't expect Gothic 3 to be any worse. I think the developers have said they will release mod tools after release.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Thank you, Fio.

I was just thinking, does anyone of you know if we start as a fighter-aligned build, or could there be a sort of "meet a prole on the beach after shiwreck and you tell him where your previous training has concentrated on, like a mage for example". Then of course you could do whatever you want after that, it wouldn't be a class choice, just some stat-redistribution from your, supposedly grand, starting reserves of points. I feel that they could pull that off and not piss anyone off. Maybe have all the stat and skill points interchangeable in your character menu on the starting area perhaps, if the fans want that. Sort of like in BG 2 you had the eight levels worth of spells and weapon skills.

Although now that I think about it, they might even do the latter one.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

You start with a small number of points to immediately spend on your character. That's all I know so far. I guess that's when you're allowed to customize your character just a little bit at least..

Just for the record: the Gothic games were never designed for people who like to play dress-up doll with their characters. Armour comes in ONE piece, the appearance of the main character is locked, the name is unknown. That's the way it is so people who want to feed their Barbie addiction should look at other games.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Hades would love The Sims.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

You certainly have custom character creation.

It's too bad out of all the CRPGs in the world, Gothic is the only one he doesn't like.

You must enjoy lying since you do it so much.

1. 33

2. Depends on the mood and where I am in the apartment. Yellow for kitchen, Blue in the living room, black in the bedroom, bright green in the computer room/library, and well you get the idea.

3. Writing, Literature, Arguing, Religion, Gaming (computer and PnP)

4. A wide range of styles. From Enya to Marilyn Manson. Some rap, older material, and very very specific country artist, like Johnny Cash.

5. I have a wide range of movies tastes, from Lord of the Rings, Casablanca, 3 Weddings and a Funeral. If it has a good story to it I'll watch it.

6. CRPGs in all forms, except the Gothic series.

7. Aggressive arguing without resorting to insults. A general distaste for the norm.

8. Complacentness.

9. Positive in a cynical sort of way.

Were you just stoking the fire with this comment?

Edited by alanschu

Hades would love The Sims.

Last I checked Sims wasn't a CRPG. Nice trolling, now go away.

I'm not saying it's an RPG, I'm saying you'd love the game regardless.

Incidently, how is that trolling?

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

But then, when there are too many contradictions they become meaningless and invalid ammunition for the forum warz . Sort of like trying to kill 600 goblins with FoD.