Neverwinter Nights: Darkness over Daggerford

I played a Wizard and got smacked in the intro fight cause I only had lvl1 spells memorized >_<"

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

A level 8 character on a rat killing mission?!?!?  Can we say lame, boys and girls?  Yes, we can.

Um? There is no rat killing mission. I think he just killed the rats that were running around for the fun of it.

I'm a few hours into the game and I've yet to go on any rat killing mission. :)

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

A level 8 character on a rat killing mission?!?!?  Can we say lame, boys and girls?  Yes, we can.

Um? There is no rat killing mission. I think he just killed the rats that were running around for the fun of it.

I'm a few hours into the game and I've yet to go on any rat killing mission. :)

There are a bunch of hostile rats in the cellar of a building in one sidequest, but you don't have to kill them. :(

Oh, come off it, GoA. That is the most clichish and lamest thing to put into a fantasy CRPG and it used as a tutorial for the player to get used to the controls of the game and for 1st level characters to gain a little bit of experience before going on to the bigger stuff. Neither is needed for this module.

Edited by Judge Hades

Dont they have Anticimex in the Forgotten Realms? I mean, what's next? A sidequest to cook and do the dishes in an old folks home?

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Really?

Because the ones that were running around in those shacks weren't exactly difficult to kill.

I thought we were discussing the tediousness and ease by which these "low level" enemies are, and shouldn't be including in high level campaigns.

Or are you going to argue that ALL the cranium rats were very, very difficult to kill and needed your character to be a high level otherwise you had no chance?

Seriously, try the module first before sounding off about how lame or cliched it is. :)

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

If you get a bunch of cranium rats together they can be fairly difficult to beat. Anyway, we are talking about NWN and not PS:T. Last I checked NWN didn't have cranium rats. I have heard enough of this module to warrant it being a waste of time. I'll stick to playing Oblivion instead of going through the hassle of installing NWN.

Edited by Judge Hades

If you get a bunch of cranium rats together they can be fairly difficult to beat.  Anyway, we are talking about NWN and not PS:T.  Last I checked NWN didn't have cranium rats.  I have heard enough of this module to warrant it being a waste of time.  I'll stick to playing Oblivion instead of going through the hassle of installing NWN.

You'll play it soon enough.

Just like you played Star Wars Galaxies after going off on how you hated MMORPG.

Just like you bought an XBox after you said you'd never do it.

Just like the countless other things you complain about, then do a 180 on not long afterwards.

:)