'Restoring Deleted Material'='Changing the Story'

'Restoring Deleted Material' = 'Changing the Story"

Since the story is complete, why restore information that is irrelevant? If the game is incomplete because of bad editing, what do you gain from restoring irrelevant information? Wouldn't that change the story to something that may not reflect the future? :ermm:

Edited by DarthMethos

'Restoring Deleted Material' = 'Changing the Story"

Since the story is complete, why restore information that is irrelevant? If the game is incomplete because of bad editing, what do you gain from restoring irrelevant information? Wouldn't that change the story to something that may not reflect the future? :ermm:

Don't be silly. It's not the story itself that carries 99% of all games trough. It's how it's told that matters. And that's why there's a restoration mod in the works.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

i always thought of TSLRP as a big nice mod i'd like to see, nothing more. just personally i believe much of the cut content was already meant to be cut before the deadline problem. take the

DiscipleVSAtton/VisasVSHandmaiden cut content, it doesn't make sense, those people are the lost jedi meant to rebuild the order (jedi or sith) if they go all the way slaughtering each other

then things are over before they even begin. take master Vash,

if she told the Exile what she knew about force bonds and how the bond would fade out should Kreia fall to the dark side then what reason in space would have had the Exile to go after Kreia on Malachor V?? she could simply let Kreia suicide in the Trayus Core

and story is over, does it make sense? No (Chewbacca defense :ermm:)

i always thought of TSLRP as a big nice mod i'd like to see, nothing more. just personally i believe much of the cut content was already meant to be cut before the deadline problem. take the

DiscipleVSAtton/VisasVSHandmaiden cut content, it doesn't make sense, those people are the lost jedi meant to rebuild the order (jedi or sith) if they go all the way slaughtering each other

if she told the Exile what she knew about force bonds and how the bond would fade out should Kreia fall to the dark side then what reason in space would have had the Exile to go after Kreia on Malachor V?? she could simply let Kreia suicide in the Trayus Core

The ending did seem weird. <_<

After the gamer talks to Kreia, you get the low-down on what happens to the crew. She talks about the fate of your crew in completion. Truthfully, I thought the game was complete, and all it needed were a few tweaks here or there. :ermm: :">

After the gamer talks to Kreia, you get the low-down on what happens to the crew. She talks about the fate of your crew in completion. Truthfully, I thought the game was complete, and all it needed were a few tweaks here or there. :ermm: :">

Ah, but she threw you a little thing at the beginning, "IF they leave this place...". Plus, the endings were much more interesting then listening to Kreia tell us. Word of suggestion: read the dlg trees and then come back to us. I can almost guarantee a change of opinion.

Ah, but she threw you a little thing at the beginning, "IF they leave this place...". Plus, the endings were much more interesting then listening to Kreia tell us. Word of suggestion: read the dlg trees and then come back to us. I can almost guarantee a change of opinion.

I will check out her dialouge tonight.

i dont need the fight between atton and disciple or visas and handmaiden to make me happy. i do like the idea of atton fighting sion and losing an arm though. he can get a robo one later...

The Exile's voice was stern

"Darth Nihilus, remove your mask"

The Sith Lord slowly raised his hands to his face. In utter shock, the Exile looked upon the face of.....

Jolee Bindo!!

mand3.jpg

Ah, but she threw you a little thing at the beginning, "IF they leave this place...".
only about Handmaiden as i recall, "if SHE leaves this place" means that if the Exile

chooses to preserve Malachor she will remain there and train others there instead of Telos, and Atton is supposed to be on the Ebon Hawk making repairs anyway, otherwise when the ship falls whithout a pilot onboard

Who gives a ****? Current endings sucks, just be happy when Team Gizka is generous enough to restore ORIGINAL and INTENTED ending

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Who gives a ****? Current endings sucks, just be happy when Team Gizka is generous enough to restore ORIGINAL and INTENTED ending

Not that I don't appreciate what TSLRP is doing, or that I'm not excited to see more Kotor... but only Obsidian knows for sure what was 'intended', and they're not talking. It's a plain bald truth that any story goes through extensive revision before completion. As an example, I generally save false starts or cut portions until the bitter end, if they contain useful material that might be reworked and inserted elsewhere. If they're good enough, they could even show up in another work or a sequel.

I do believe some of K2's content was cut due to time constraints, but as for how much was time and how much was LA pointing at the Canon book and flexing its muscles, we'll likely never know. In either case, had there been more time, any unused files would probably have been removed. So for that reason (and legal considerations) TSLRP has to be regarded only as a mod, nothing more.

It doesn't have to be cut content in order for something to be missing. All stories have a problem with something missing - some more than others.

But then the cut content we restore might bring up other issues that weren't there before, or it might totally refocus the story. That may not be a bad thing.

Once again I have to state this: ****ing K2, messing up with whole Kotor storyline and ruining perfect, complete storyarch with True Siths, ridiculous planet-destroying Nihilus and its uncanon life without force characters like Exile and Nihilus, and forcing non-existant - maybe forever non-existant- K3 to clear everything. Not to forget whole absurd "killing the force" sh*t.

Only particularly good thing in K2 was Kreia, one of the best villains ever.

Without K2 all would be well <_<

Edited by Xard

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Not that I don't appreciate what TSLRP is doing, or that I'm not excited to see more Kotor... but only Obsidian knows for sure what was 'intended', and they're not talking. It's a plain bald truth that any story goes through extensive revision before completion. As an example, I generally save false starts or cut portions until the bitter end, if they contain useful material that might be reworked and inserted elsewhere. If they're good enough, they could even show up in another work or a sequel.

I do believe some of K2's content was cut due to time constraints, but as for how much was time and how much was LA pointing at the Canon book and flexing its muscles, we'll likely never know. In either case, had there been more time, any unused files would probably have been removed. So for that reason (and legal considerations) TSLRP has to be regarded only as a mod, nothing more.

I agree. You make the same points that I was looking into.

Lucasarts OK
Edited by DarthMethos

arguably can we call what generous Team Gizka is working out "original" or "intended", they're stating themselves that some things have to be invented, and though some other things may have been itended to make it to the final game, the arrangements that have been made make it difficult (as i'm sure Team Gizka is aware of) if not impossible for that material to be put back into place and make sense, or result in a more satisfactory less bashable story.

arguably can we call what generous Team Gizka is working out "original" or "intended", they're stating themselves that some things have to be invented, and though some other things  may have been itended to make it to the final game, the arrangements that have been made make it difficult (as i'm sure Team Gizka is aware of) if not impossible for that material to be put back into place and make sense, or result in a more satisfactory less bashable story.

You really couldn't make that argument either. Since the files were designed by Obsidian, the first draft of the story was designed by LA and Obsidian, they would be considered plagerizing (Stealing someone eles 'original' idea, and repackaging it for their own.).

Even though the final draft of the story was changed, they would be considered 'stealing' from someone elses concept'.

If they were to take those files and 100% alter them for their own story, they would be coming up with an 'original' idea.

Edited by DarthMethos

i dont need the fight between atton and disciple or visas and handmaiden to make me happy.  i do like the idea of atton fighting sion and losing an arm though.  he can get a robo one later...

Uhhh...Atton getting his arm chopped off is the first thing Sion does to Atton if he looses. Then, he remakes Atton into a spitting image of himself...then, he lets Atton die (in which he does).

If they were to take those files and 100% alter them for their own story, they would be coming up with an 'original' idea.

It's actually quite obvious what was originally intended just by looking at all the files. The only places where it gets scratchy is the Atton/Sion scene. The problem is that what is Atton doing there, when he was previously captured during the assault on Traya and imprisoned?

Edited by Wild Storm

It's restoration. Taking what little they are given in the files, make hypothothis about them and putting it back in.

Read the question that I am responding to first. I was answering his question.

---------------------------

I just noticed that you edited your post. Hehehe... You must have reread the conversation. The question was on: Could 'Team-Gizka' declare thier project as their own original work?" The answer is 'no'.

Originally, their work is based upon someone's first draft of the story. In true essence, they would be stealing someone's idea if they call it their own.

At the end of the whole project, by bringing back someone elses first draft, they will be altering the story that is in place. Eventhough some of it is canon, the pieces were removed for other reasons besides 'time restraints'.

From looking around the forums, I am willing to bet that all the 'cut content' that includes: dialouge, characters, and anything else, will all be altered into another draft. Since 'next generation' consoles use a different engine, I bet they will scrap the original idea inorder to create something different for a third. Thus, the player could visit a HK Factory or Droid Planet. If they decide to use their concepts. If they are not found in KotOR III, they were not relevant to the story.

Edited by DarthMethos

It's restoration. Taking what little they are given in the files, make hypothothis about them and putting it back in.

And I was answering the basic question of your that it's not restoration.

They are still following someone elses draft, so it would be considered stealing someone elses idea. Plagurism.

They are still following someone elses draft, so it would be considered stealing someone elses idea. Plagurism.

No. Plagurims is when it

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.