Games you are looking forward to

Bokishi

I'm surprised nobody mentioned the New Smash Bros for wii. (ALMOST ready to take preorders for that.

...Now including the much awaited live action window smash combo! Remember Kids: If it don't smash, it ain't worth trash!

060520.jpg

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I think it would be wise to temper thine expectations a few notches.

Too late. That skillful write-up made me go and pre-order STALKER on a whim :'(

Hey, it only cost me 60

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I might have to mention that I ordered the Collector's Edition and I included postage & packaging in the price..

You pre-ordered Gothic 3, too, didn't you? Have you even played that yet? :sweat:

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

You pre-ordered Gothic 3, too, didn't you? Have you even played that yet? :sorcerer:

No, I haven't even installed it yet. :*

But I am eagerly awaiting the last patch for it so I can finally play it!

Ok, I am a stupid pack-rat that falls for even the slightest type of hype. Shut up.

Are you referring to patch 1.18?

I'm asking because I too have postponed getting G3 until the final patch is released, even though I've heard it's quite playable with 1.12.

Fable 2 on the 360 (Yes, I bought a 360 console, you can shoot me later). Just hope it's fair bit larger than its predecessor.

Bugs? Klingon Software does not have 'Bugs'. It has FEATURES and they are too sophisticated for a Romulan pig like you to understand!

HK-47: "Recitation: First, weapon selection is critical. If I see one more idiot attacking a Jedi with a blaster pistol, then I'll kill them myself."

HK-47: "Answer: Select grenades, sonic screamers, cluster rockets and plasma charges. Mines are also effective, since many Jedi will run to meet you in hand to hand combat. Silly Jedi."

You pre-ordered Gothic 3, too, didn't you? Have you even played that yet? 8)

No, I haven't even installed it yet. :)

Ok, I am a stupid pack-rat that falls for even the slightest type of hype. Shut up.

and your a game reviwer... you scare me to think of how your reviews must look.

Week One: DEUS EX: Invisible war ROCKS MANNNNNNNNN!

Week six on page 35: Our reviewer has asked to amend his statement about deus Ex Invisible war on that he was drawn in by the hype.

and your a game reviwer... you scare me to think of how your reviews must look.

Week One: DEUS EX: Invisible war ROCKS MANNNNNNNNN!

Week six on page 35: Our reviewer has asked to amend his statement about deus Ex Invisible war on that he was drawn in by the hype.

Well, if I didn't become excited about a game or other every now and then, I'd be in the totally wrong line of work, don't you think?

Ps. We never publish a review based on just one editor's opinion, in the hope that not everyone on the team has fallen for the same hype.

Besides, as long as review is made based on the experience playing the game, and not the hype, no problems.

I'm sure we've all been super stoked about a game, only to have it come out and be a complete turd and we were pretty pissed off.

Ok, I'm at work and I don't feel like working, so I made a list of the top games on my mind.. Mostly for myself so I don't accidentally forget about them.

The Precursors (2007):

A huge open-ended RPG in the same veins as Mass Effect, ie. space exploration and planet exploration combined! You'll be able to directly control a space ship and do battles, while also being able to explore cities and planets on foot in first person perspective. Made by Deep Shadows, one of my new favourite developers (after seeing the work they did on Boiling Point). Check out the trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SctqV7Xoyg0

Boiling Point 2, aka. White Gold (2007/2008):

Successor to the open-ended FPS/RPG hybrid that was Boiling Point. Boiling Point was extremely buggy and unfinished at release, but I really think Deep Shadows redeemed themselves with the last patch they released for the game. While the game was flawed, I can't help myself from admiring their ambition level. There's no "we can't do that" in this team, it seems. Boiling Point was filled to the brim with ideas, some executed more efficiently than others, but the fact that they even dared to take on such an ambitious project was good enough for me. Boiling Point 2/White Gold is a development of the first game, based on the Vital Engine 3. No idea what that means, but since Boiling Point was based on Vital Engine 2, I assume that this will be bigger, better and.. uh.. prettier. Check out some early (not-so-impressive) screens:

http://deep-shadows.com/en/gallery.php?pr=8

They will also release the first trailer from White Gold this February.

Other titles of interest:

STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl, March 2007.

Crysis, 2007.

Alan Wake, ~2008.

Shadow Paladin would be happy...

Samurai Warriors and Dynasty warriors are going to be merged for a game.

I think it's called Warriors Oruchi or somthin.

If anyone but me is interested in STALKER, then here's the publisher's version of a game related home page:

http://www.stalker-videogame.com/

Quite a lot of text to read in the flash-hell that is that page at least.

EDIT: Anyone else think this game would be super sweet with a co-op multiplayer :(

Yeah, it feels like the game was made for co-op. Except.. it doesn't have it :thumbsup:

Shadow Paladin would be happy...

Samurai Warriors and Dynasty warriors are going to be merged for a game.

I think it's called Warriors Oruchi or somthin.

One of my players in my gaming group will go spastic on that. It makes him go "Weeeeee!" Literally.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

I'll probably get it simply because I'm an addict. It's wierd... the games can be both deep and shallow at the same time.

Mass Effect, finally an RPG where i can play as Jack Bauer in space.

I am serious.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy