Games you are looking forward to

Bokishi

YOU'RE ALL GIRLS TO ME!

That would explain the tension that always existed between both of us.

Anyway.

Bioshock

Spore

Age of Decadence

Hellgate: London

Twilight Princess

Phantom Hourglass

Supreme Commander

Knigths of the Old Republic 2 and Jade Empire, only because I'll probably review them for the Codex.

Old game that I havent gotten around to buy yet: HoMM V

Not sure if it'z released yet, but I'm going to have a look at Sid Meiers Railroads!

And finally, looking forward to the new remake of Tombraider I (the original) on the Tombraider: Legends engine.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

• 1 month later...

My updated list:

Dragon Age

Jade Empire for the PC (yeah, I already have the XBOX version but I'm a fanboy)

Mass Effect

Bioware MMORPG

Bioware's DS RPG

Bioware's other next gen RPG

Obsidian's Alien RPG

Obsidian's other RPG

The Witcher

Culpa Innata

Next episode of Sam & Max

Blue Dragon

Lost Odyssey

God of War 2

FF XII

Rogue Galaxy

Okami

Dungeons & Dragons Tactics(Only game that I am looking forward to for my PSP. I admit buying a PSP was a mistake)

Dragon Quest IX

Age of Decadence

Eschalon: Book I

Broken Hourglass

Geneforge 4

Aquaria

And some other games...

centinexx.png

Some guy at RPG Codex is making an RPG. Age of Decadence I think its called. If it lives up to the hype, then I will be snapping it up.

Dhargul, another smalltime RPG. Some German dude is making that.

GTA4, if it comes out on PC.

Maybe Dragons Age, though Baldurs gate 2 was the last Bioware game I actually enjoyed. Thats a long time ago now :-"

I have become quite cynical about games for a while now. I am not exactly impressed with many of the latest offerings that I thought would be brilliant. Medieval total war 2 was a bug ridden letdown, as was Gothic 3 (Though it pretty good with the latest patch). Oblivion was watered down rubbish (So Fallout 3 has been written off in my mind). Neverwinter nights 2 is ok, but nothing spectacular. It desperately needed more time in the workshop, and could have had more time spent on making the combat engine a little more tactical. It is better than Nwn1 at least.

Basically the beta stage of new games has largely turned me off buying them straight away. At the moment Europa Universalis 3 is released, yet I have not bought it. Why? Because I have seen that it still needs patches (Apparently). No more beta testing for me. I prefer to wait now until its patched to the ninth degree.

Oh, X3 is finally up to scratch! This is what I mean with my last paragraph. A game that comes out and 2 years later is 'finished'.

Age of Decadence seems to be in the right track, if you can stomach communist-funded independent projects of course.

I've been recently made aware of Star Fox: Shadows of Lylat, which seems like something to look out for. It's a fan made game project that runs on the FreeSpace_Open engine but the team is hoping to make the final build a standalone game. The trailer looks nice.

Roleplayer, I don't mind the smalltime games developers. I bought Teudogar and the alliance with rome, and thoroughly enjoyed it. One of the best roleplaying experiences on a pc I have had since Arcanum. Vampire Bloodlines was ok as well, but I prefer the Isometric RPG personally. It seems the only way to get Isometric RPGs, with an oldschool combat system similar to the Fallout games is buying independent games (I do not like the spiderweb games though, they bore me to death).

I will check out the Star Fox game you mentioned. Might be something I am interested in.

Edit: Another game that I have enjoyed playing around with is Dwarf Fortress. Its an ASCII game, but so full of options and gameplay that it leaves many large studio's games by the wayside. Google it and check it out. It does take some getting used to however.

Edited by Girias_Solo

BL was not made by a 'smalltime game developer'. They were small; but not small enough to be comapred to the independents in RP's post.

Games I Look Forward To: ME, DA, and Aliens RPG.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Yes, you are correct there Volourn. I remember that Troika had 12 (roughly) making their games, next to the megacompanies around, but they did have publisher backing.

After reading about the Aliens RPG, I will have to add it to the list as long as it is given enough time to be fully worked on and fleshed out. It will be interesting to see what Sawyer can do having a lead position. His ideas have always been pretty good.

Edit: Another game that I have enjoyed playing around with is Dwarf Fortress. Its an ASCII game, but so full of options and gameplay that it leaves many large studio's games by the wayside. Google it and check it out. It does take some getting used to however.

I really like Dwarf Fortress. Only thing I disliked about the game was how resources were handled. I hate having rocks just lying around my fortress. At one point I had 6 masons working repeat jobs turning all the rock into blocks so that I could store them in bins. :shifty:

Halo 3 Co-op

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

STALKER has climbed back up to the top spot on my wish list. That game has a strange hold on me. I wonder why.

Also, Rogue Galaxy should be out any.. month now. Looking forward to that a lot. It's made by the guys behind Dragon Quest 8.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

There are a few PS2 titles that are tempting. Rogue Galaxy is one of them.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

I heard good things about Rogue Galaxy and am mildly interested.

Just watched a trailer for God of War 2... Salivating doesn't fully describe my interest in the game. Although to be honest, I really dislike the context-sensitive intrusion. It really detracts somewhat from the presentation when you're fighting a giant enemy boss then see PS2 button icons splashed across half the screen.

Assassin's Creed for the PS3 looks fairly interesting.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

You do?

I don't. If I get a console it will probably be a PS3. I saw a demo at Best Buy and it looks very nice. If it gets a good substantial amount of games I want to play it would definitely be worth the money.