Revan vs. Thrawn

If Revan and Thrawn squared off against each other, who would win?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. If Revan and Thrawn squared off against each other, who would win?

• Revan
    • Thrawn

but a curiosity...

as said i don't know Thrawn too much but...

he had not a military advantage over his enemies?

as i know imperial fleet was superior to rebel one and i think even to new republic ones...

new TIEs (adv and def) where a lot better than various X/A/B-wings, even various new versions

and same for various missiles/gunboats

ISD and even VSD where also far superior to moncal class capital ship

not really. The mon cals were on equal footing with the ISD and the newer ties were not used by thrawn during his attack on the republic. He beat people only with his mind not with his muscles.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Yes, I do.

Thrawn was killed by his own bodyguards wasn't he? I think his bodyguards found out that the Empire was responsible for the contamination of their Planet or something and exacted their revenge?

You can always count on something right under your nose will blow up in your face in the SW universe.

:(

Yes, I do.

Thrawn was killed by his own bodyguards wasn't he? I think his bodyguards found out that the Empire was responsible for the contamination of their Planet or something and exacted their revenge?

You can always count on something right under your nose will blow up in your face in the SW universe.

:(

*bodyguard, singular.

His noghri bodyguard killed him as revenge for the Empire exploiting the noghri people.

Had it not been for that lone noghri, Thrawn would have crushed the entire New Republic.

Edit: And additionally, Thrawn was actually at a disadvantage to the New Republic. Don't forget he attacked when the Empire had collapsed, with Vader and Emperor dead, and the remaining Imperials scattered and warring amongst themselves.

Edited by GhostofAnakin

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

and the remaining Imperials scattered and warring amongst themselves.

When dont the baddies have wars against eachother?

And is it just me or people are really Ignorant about Revan here, I'm sure that if Revan wasnt a playable character, being you and being everything to your liking and your so called perfection and he was just a mere movie star, not even that. You would all be sucking up to Thrawn but it seems everyone here like mentioned is like "Revan is teh mastzor he beat teh mandies and started to kill teh jedies" but realising that Revan had his highs and lows ect. Revan is overrated

Oh and dont people know by now that Revan is canonically male :lol:

A thing with Revan is that such a name is not really made clear about how he/she from non-canonical perspective grew up in. Who his/her parents were and at what age Revan did this or that. Even if one did not look at it at a win/lose basis, one would find that a lot of questions remain unanswered with that. So, Revan could mean almost anyone. Everyone's conceptualisation of Revan will differ slightly, as much as it could for Exile.

At least with Thrawn, one could be a bit certain about what he did. And his setting in various novels written would have some sense in terms of his role. And does not need to have a second name for him, wherelse Revan could have gone by other names, since one gets to enter a name for him/her in game thus making identity a bit ambiguous/dualistic. Not to mention kind of side for Thrawn is clearly written, even from outset. He had certain battles he was renowned for, did certain key things that established his reputation and helped those allied with him.

Suffice it to say that Revan has place in KotOR games and canon within SW, and so does Exile too. That can be thought about, alternatively.

Edited by vaxen83

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧

Thrawn was at a numerical disadvantage in most of his battles with the New Republic, AFAIK. At the battle of Bilbringi Shipyards, during which his death (a.k.a. "biased good-side ending") occured, he only had 4 Interdictors and a few ISDs in his fleet if I remember correctly, and was winning the battle up until his death.

I also agree that it is only natural that Revan has more votes, seeing that we're in a Forum that deals with the games Revan appears in. Let's see a vote like that in a TIE FIGHTER forum, people would probably roll on the floor laughing at the mere comparison between Revan and Thrawn :)

i really like TIE FIGHTER, imo best space sim ever :lol:

@Calax

if Tharwn had not access to new TIEs then yup, at fighter level things where probably quite balanced if not better for new republic

but an ISD is way stronger than a mon cal capital ship, if i remember right 1 single ISD can take down 2 mon cals

also i see that if most admiral "retired" or "diserted" after the emperor death Tharwn should had a lot of troubles to face the new republic army.

(but (if i remember right) probably the worst mistake of Tharwn was to "develope" the missileboat... it was so crappy compared to a TIE defender(:wub:) while playing all the expansion i was thinking "give me my defender!!!!1111 :p)

The Missile Boat ownz!!1!1eleventyone. Making bombing runs on enemy capital ships with the Missile Boat's huge rockets stockpile was a most exhilarating experience in TIE Fighter.

Leaving TIE Fiighter aside, I do believe that in the Thrawn trilogy the Empire only uses TIE Fighters, TIE Interceptors and other unshielded TIEs due to the lack of resources. The cost of one T/D or MIS would easily equal to a whole squadron of simple TIEs...

@Krookie: I only stated the possibility of a TIE Fighter forum as an example, dunno if there are actually any such forums out there. But we can always start one :lol:

Not really. If you had 40,000,000 troops and had to get them through a single door to reach your objective, that would take a really long time. But if you had say...40 troops, it wouldn't take very long at all.

Or you could separate 40 soldiers from that army, and send them to the objective :lol:"

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

I think at the beginning of thrawns campaign against the new republic it's stated that the empire only controls about 1/4 of what it used to.

Also I want to emphasize that thrawn was an alien. The empire was a version of nazi germany in that it idealized the human male as the pinnacle of goodness. The fact thrawn became a grand admrial makes him at least 10 times as capable as anyone else in the empire at the time.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Yes I know that you are not alone in this matter =P

Revan was not in big disadvantage against mandalorians. Mostly Revan had 10 men against one mandalorian, Revan had more supplies and other resources. Still mandalorian kicked Republic's ass for a long time, and even Revan was beaten by them at the beginning. It was later on when he became

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)