Wii specs revealed?!

Meshugger

The Wii Hardware

- Nintendo Wii

Edited by Meshugger

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

The 360 is a powerhouse, but that doesn't mean the 360 is or has the same potential to be as fun as the wii, the wii LOOKS like a hell of alot of fun.

There is a 360 in the living room, it rarely see use, infact the GC gets used more.

RS_Silvestri_01.jpg

"I'm a programmer at a games company... REET GOOD!" - Me

OH GOD, Wii!?

I live for these posts.

Edited by Pidesco

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

a total of 91mb of memory doesnt sound good at all, especially if it has no hardrive to use as a buffer. it wont be able to handle even medium-quality 3D graphics and loading times will be atrocious with it having to read from the 6X DVD drive all the time

so the Wii wins or falls entirely based on if the controller works.

edit: Ill have to take the memory thing back, I just read the Xbox only has 64mb of memory total

Edited by Kaftan Barlast

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

My guess is the controller won't do so hot.

For the actaual owners of a Wii, sure they'll be able to use it. But what happens when I invite 3 friends over to play? I doubt they'll be able to get used to something like that so quick.

My guess is the controller won't do so hot.

For the actaual owners of a Wii, sure they'll be able to use it. But what happens when I invite 3 friends over to play? I doubt they'll be able to get used to something like that so quick.

So you get to beat the tar out of them. Go in for the kill while they try to figure out how to control everything! :devil:"

I'm not very surprised at those technical specs. After what was shown at E3, I figured it wouldn't be a very powerful system.

What I'm worried about is how much those controllers will cost and how durable they'll be. If they cost a good chunk of money, the price advantage of the Wii's base system over the other consoles could vanish.

Looks pretty Wiik to me.

Actually, it doesn't look so bad. What does it have to do? Play games? I'm sure it will have great games. Nintendo isn't trying to have the Wii displace my home theater system. It can live or die by the games. Not so the XBox and PS3

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

a total of 91mb of memory doesnt sound good at all, especially if it has no hardrive to use as a buffer. it wont be able to handle even medium-quality 3D graphics and loading times will be atrocious with it having to read from the 6X DVD drive all the time

so the Wii wins or falls entirely based on if the controller works.

edit: Ill have to take the memory thing back, I just read the Xbox only has 64mb of memory total

Depends on what you call "medium quality" graphics.

I hope they make some fantastic games for it that don't try to forcibly put too much emphasis on the gimmicky controller.

Wii are free of giimiicks!

OH GOD, Wii!?

I live for these posts.

Wii both do, buddy.

Edited by Blank

The thing I like most about the Wii is that it will be compleely focused on console games, and not steal or dumb-down-through-console-port PC games like the hateful Xbox or Playstation

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

The thing I like most about the Wii is that it will be compleely focused on console games, and not steal or dumb-down-through-console-port PC games like the hateful Xbox or Playstation

"hateful Xbox or Playstation"? Damn you are one drama queen.

I could have used unholy, accursed or if in singular; the great satan, but I decided to go with something modest.

:thumbsup:"

Ah, the days when EGA was state of the art...

Man, I am really old. :thumbsup:

Anyway, I think that it will be the games that will determine who will be top dog of the next generation of consoles, not raw power of the machines' specifications. The one with the most innovative and fun games will be the victor, not the one with the fastest procesor or the beefiest drive, and whatnot.