Movies You Have Seen Lately

Darque

Saw The Departed last night. Very good movie. Usually movies with that many big name actors in them suck hard, but it was very good. The more I see of DiCaprio, the more I like him.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I came in and watched the last 25-30mins of Scarface with my housemate, I've really developed a healthy hatred for this movie. I don't see why everyone is so big on this, when I asked if anyone had seen Carlito's Way the only reply I got was, "Wasn't that the movie with Halle Berry where her son got really sick?" I guess theres something to be said for answering a question with a question, but I just got this stabby feeling inside.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

I am so gonna go watch The Departed, Scorcese is one of my fave directors.

Inconcequently, Hellsing Ultimate(OVA) is the best thing that has ever come out of Japan. It's just insane. Grand is too small word. Eru is gonna love it to pieces. It very well might be my first DVD purchase ever.

Sleep would be cool right about now. Today is a poker day and 4 hours of sleep is a nono.

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Inconcequently, Hellsing Ultimate(OVA) is the best thing that has ever come out of Japan. It's just insane. Grand is too small word. Eru is gonna love it to pieces. It very well might be my first DVD purchase ever.

Too much same with the series to have that kind of impact on me.

Still, one of the funniest moments in both series and ova is when Alucard gets all dissapointed after shootin legs off from the blondie vampire. Poor Alucard. He was so expecting a good fight. :thumbsup:

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Little Miss Sunshine

It's pretty awesome.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Halloween The Curse Of Myers the producer's cut where it shows what Happens to Dr.Loomis. Note whoever want's it just ask me

Edited by chris the jedi killer

A coward dies a thousand deaths but a soulja dies one~ 2Pac

Whooo...okay I saw over the weekend:

The Grudge 2 - Similar but more expansive to the original US remake (helmed again by Shimizu). Expands on the concept a good deal but keeps most of the mystery intact. A couple of really good creepy momnets but not, IMO, as creepy as the earlier film.

The Cop in Blue Jeans - kinda weak sub-Serpico Italian film about a special agent police officer trying to take down a group of "purse snatching" thugs(!) only to run afoul of an even bigger criminal. Entertainment value mostly derived from some of the sheer ridiculousness of various situations.

Wakusei daisenso aka The War in Space - Toho's last space film, made to capitalize on the "Star Wars Phenomenon". A weak effort (or perhaps its just a weak dub, need to sit down and watch the sub) that has a few good ideas wrapped up with a lot of stuff in previous Toho space films (alien invaders who change appearance, kidnap women, etc)

Man in the Attic - A decent version of "The Lodger", only this time they change the end. Still Jack Palance and Constance Smith do pretty well in their parts as the Lodger and the woman who finds herself interested in him.

Khun krabii hiiroh aka Sars Wars: Bangkok Zombie Crisis - super-insane zombie-action-comedy-parody that is completely off the wall. Very, very worth seeing, IMO, as I was laughing so hard several times I had to rewind the film as I missed things!

Edited by Amentep

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Saw The Departed the other day and was pleased that it was not terrible; Scorsese is really bringing the best out of DiCaprio, and the whole cast shines. The direction is good, but I doubt it's good enough to win an Oscar without the guilt-c

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

"Scorsese is really bringing the best out of DiCaprio"

Meh. DiCaprio doesn't need help with his acting. He's been one of the best actors for the past ten years. :lol:

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Man of the Year.

I was pleasantly surprised although it gets a bit bubblegummy there at the end.

It's the kind of role in which Robin Williams truly shines.

Bubblegummy?

I kinda skipped 20 minutes of it near the end where "teh conpiracy" thingy gets all serious. After that it was good again.

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Man of the Year.

I was pleasantly surprised although it gets a bit bubblegummy there at the end.

It's the kind of role in which Robin Williams truly shines.

Bubblegummy?

I kinda skipped 20 minutes of it near the end where "teh conpiracy" thingy gets all serious. After that it was good again.

I expected Christopher Walken's character to have rigged the election so his "pony" could win. In the end though all is good, pink and fluffy, nobody dies, no price paid except for the "bad guys" of course who will probably only do a third of their sentence.

Also we never know if a man like Tom Dobbs would make a good prez or not(I'm guessing not). How would a smart man of his character handle the war in Iraq for instance?

"Bubblegummy" means too "all's well, ends well". In real life I really don't think it would end so nice.

"Scorsese is really bringing the best out of DiCaprio"

Meh. DiCaprio doesn't need help with his acting. He's been one of the best actors for the past ten years. :mellow:

You wuv him You wuv him :shifty:

The Departed was great, the logic of it all falls apart at the end a bit (no, I'm not a person who complains about movies much), but the action made up for it.

Saw the Ginger Snaps "trilogy".

Well, the first one in it's entirety and we skipped large portions of #2 and #3.

There was nothing to see really. Very bad B-Grade movie making.

At least the gore was decent and silly.

I liked the first one pretty well, myself. The other two I never really saw much point in.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

The Illusionist starring Ed Norton. A decent quasi-murder mystery in which Ed Norton pulls off all these amazing illusions and in the process damns an Austro-Hungarian prince. It does a good job of capturing the spirit of late 19th century Europe, when mysticism of all sorts was in vogue.

Xmen3 - I barely remember the first two, but I must have been in the right mood, because I found it vastly entertaining. Mostly because it was so...cheesy, in a kind of good/funny way. Ian's helmut cracks me up. Is there a reason he has to wear it? He just looks so ludicrous with it on. They could've made a better one. hehe I love Ian.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Xmen3 - I barely remember the first two, but I must have been in the right mood, because I found it vastly entertaining. Mostly because it was so...cheesy, in a kind of good/funny way. Ian's helmut cracks me up. Is there a reason he has to wear it? He just looks so ludicrous with it on. They could've made a better one. hehe I love Ian.

Mag's Hemet is to protect him from the mental "assaults" of Charles X.

After Prof X's body is no longer functional(wink, wink) he still needs to protect himself from Jean/Phoenix.