What are you playing now?

Darque

Emperor: Battle for Dune would be my current game of choice. I hate those damn Harkonnen buzzsaws. Ruining my spice fields. ;)

I have a new most annoying enemy. Those damn sandworms! I can take the Harkonnens but everytime I go off to attack them with my overwhelming forces, a sand worm pops up from underneath the sand taking out half my troops. ;) Hates them so much. Need more raid...

I think you need either distractors, thumber troops or worm riders. OF course you can always sacrifice a few cheapo units by sending to the desert first, Shai-Hulud will won't attack right away, so those guys can buy you time.

That game has the awesomest soundtrack ever. Fits Herbert's world like a glove.

Kaftypafty: I'll so get Dreamfall then, I had got the impression that it was somehow a bad game, so this is good news indeed.

Oh, and just for kickzors, go and conquer Crete and Rhodos right away, the locals can't defend themselves for crap(minus Cilician pirates, but you are Rome, so they are a pushover) and pre-BI AI doesn't know how to transport troops much at all. You get a crapload of income from those Islands alone.

There's actually a set AI behaviour for the different factions(they are named like Genghis, Caesar and Attila, balanced, fortified and agressive, etc) and only Britannia has a behaviour that favors naval invasions. So Punic Wars and things like that are pretty much impossible, unless it's you who is invading. A pity that.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Emperor: Battle for Dune would be my current game of choice. I hate those damn Harkonnen buzzsaws. Ruining my spice fields. :)

I have a new most annoying enemy. Those damn sandworms! I can take the Harkonnens but everytime I go off to attack them with my overwhelming forces, a sand worm pops up from underneath the sand taking out half my troops. :( Hates them so much. Need more raid...

I think you need either distractors, thumber troops or worm riders. OF course you can always sacrifice a few cheapo units by sending to the desert first, Shai-Hulud will won't attack right away, so those guys can buy you time.

That game has the awesomest soundtrack ever. Fits Herbert's world like a glove.

I used a cheapo sandbike to get rid of the worm that was already following my harvesters before I sent my Mongooses (Mongeese?) out to attack. I should have had a couple minutes to get them over to the other plateau, but within a minute of the first worm disappearing, Shai-Hulad himself pops straight up and swallows a dozen units including one of my harvesters. :(

Not going to play anything for a long time...

I was transfering some files to my Max Drive (PS2 UBS storage). For some damn reason all my save files got corrupted! That's basicly three or so years worth of game saves!

(EDIT: The worst loss was my Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne file.... 80 fricken hours down the drain!)

Edited by Haitoku

Not going to play anything for a long time...

I was transfering some files to my Max Drive (PS2 UBS storage).  For some damn reason all my save files got corrupted!  That's basicly three or so years worth of game saves!

(EDIT: The worst loss was my Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne file.... 80 fricken hours down the drain!)

I'm so sorry for you :huh:

That sucks :p

is that any better than underground?

i never actually finished that. doing the same tracks over and over got really tedious.

underground 2 was a bit better thankfully

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

Broke out my old NES. Relivin the golden ages of gaming......*tears up*.....the games.....they're so beautiful...... :'(

Edited by x1Predator

If money is the root of all evil.....why is the world not destroyed?

I think I need to come up with some new tactics. I managed to conquer all of the Harkonnen territory except for one area that has had a coriolis storm on it for the past three turns. I tried taking the Harkonnen stronghold but ended up in a stalemate once I ran out of spice on my side of the map. I did manage to get into a position where I could destroy anything that moved within range of my plateau, however I wasn't strong enough to cross the desert sands to beat the tar out of the rest of the filthy Harkonnen scum. <_< Maybe something with those Ixian Projector tanks would work...

ihateyousomuchit4.th.jpg

I still hate you so much! Not as much since I was reminded of the Fedaykin thumpers, but still...

Well, finished FEAR (pretty cool, though abrupt ending), now I'm starting on SpellForce 2. It's crazy the switch in gaming mentality one must make to go from sci-fi, horror fps, to medieval isometric fantasy RPG, heh. Like going from extreme hot to extreme cold.

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

I think I need to come up with some new tactics. I managed to conquer all of the Harkonnen territory except for one area that has had a coriolis storm on it for the past three turns. I tried taking the Harkonnen stronghold but ended up in a stalemate once I ran out of spice on my side of the map. I did manage to get into a position where I could destroy anything that moved within range of my plateau, however I wasn't strong enough to cross the desert sands to beat the tar out of the rest of the filthy Harkonnen scum. <_< Maybe something with those Ixian Projector tanks would work...

ihateyousomuchit4.th.jpg

I still hate you so much! Not as much since I was reminded of the Fedaykin thumpers, but still...

:lol:

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds