If I was video gaming industry overlord...

I would buy out EA, and then destroy it.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Well, the first set of games would have vehicle combat. Imagine your character ona motorcycle speeding down in a urban sprawl being chased by a fire truck filled with machine gun toting boosters with the main fire hose replaced with a flame thrower.

The second trilogy would probably be a traditional fantasy CrPG with horses.

The first game I'd do would be a squad based tactical combat game similar to Fallout Tactics, X-Com, etc. combined with a base building/company running simulation with base building tools similar to the Sims 2 construction tools. You'd start running a mercenary company out of a small apartment but eventually can build into a full scale army and weapons developer.

Second game would be an RPG similar in execution to BG2 or Fallout 2, based in the fantasy world of my creation, where Dwarves are the masters of the seas, Magic is strictly regulated by a worldwide group seeking to suppress its strength, which has lead technology to advance in some areas to steampunk levels.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Second game would be an RPG similar in execution to BG2 or Fallout 2, based in the fantasy world of my creation, where Dwarves are the masters of the seas, Magic is strictly regulated by a worldwide group seeking to suppress its strength, which has lead technology to advance in some areas to steampunk levels.

That sounds like fun. :) The whole magic/technology thing worked well in Arcanum, I thought - would you handle it differently?

More RPGs on the sea! Fantasy, pirates or futuristic, I don't care. :wub:

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

That sounds like fun. :) The whole magic/technology thing worked well in Arcanum, I thought - would you handle it differently?

Well, Magic is still more prominant than in Arcanum. Its just heavily regulated. You need to be a member of the Spellswords to practice magic, and nearly a 3rd of their ranks are dedicated to hunting down rogue wizards. It used to be a standard fantasy world but a crazy wizard caused an explosion of magical power that wiped out a continent and corrupted half the world, creating the various races. Elves, Dwarves, and Humans were the only races before that. So anyway, they don't want that happening again so we have the crazy magic police.

The heavy technology nations are concentrated to one area, and divided between two sides. One believing their technology should benefit their people, and the other believing it should be used to conquer their neighbors. This has limited its spread as the side that wants to conquer wants to keep it to themselves, and the side that is battling them don't want to let others have it for fear of creating allies for the other side. Also, the way I see the steampunk-like tech is more like how it was in Rise of Legends than Arcanum. More of a high-tech rennaisance era rather than a high tech industrial revolution era.

I see it more of a magic existing alongside technology, rather than them being opposing forces.

Edited by Oerwinde
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I'd definitely buy it. Seriously, I'm a sucker for anything that's a decent twist on the standard fantasy setting. Sign me up for the crazy magic police (nautical division). :) It would be fun to have a game with two separate visions of technology, and the resulting two technology sets in competition with each other, and all of that co-existing with magic, too.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

I just think that any good post modern cyberpunk game needs a car chase scene and good vehicle combat has been missing in CRPGs.

Wouldn't that kind of thing break the various rules and regulations you seem to be a stickler for?

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I wish RoL was better. :lol:

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Hah, I wish.

I wish I had modeling skills.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds