Hitman: The Movie

Krookie

They did not hold back or romaticize war at all.

Uhm.. What?

Maybe you need non-American eyes to see the blatant hero portrayal of the american soldiers and the obvious villain portrayal of.. basically everyone else. It's full of extremely simple-minded clich

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

^=] indeed

How can you even make a movie about a total loner assassin that has almost nil feelings? I don't get it.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Jason Statham's build is wrong for 47.
No, actually D's build is wrong for 47. He's a bit too short, and much too muscular. If they could get Statham to shave his perennial 3-day beard, he would be the man for the movie. I don't have anything against Vin, by the way. I like Pitch Black quite a lot, and even enjoyed The Chronicles of Riddick (yes, I actually admitted to that). It's just he's not the first person that comes to mind when talking about 47.

Uhm.. What?

Maybe you need non-American eyes to see the blatant hero portrayal of the american soldiers and the obvious villain portrayal of.. basically everyone else. It's full of extremely simple-minded clich

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Well, if the start of Silent Assassin is any indication, 47 is not machine, I wasn't arguing that he doesn't have any feelings, just not a lot. Or he doesn't show them because he either:

1)feels that they get in the way of his career(obviously)

2)is severely traumatized(cloning, career choice, etc)

Yeah, I thought about a girl too, since that would be probably the easiest and the most accessible way for the audience to set 47 on the right track. Introducing something he cares for.

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

Yeah, I thought about a girl too, since that would be probably the easiest and the most accessible way for the audience to set 47 on the right track. Introducing something he cares for.

Except that doesn't make sense at all considering the last girl that kissed him while not killed was shunned pretty hardcore. Depending on the game you played (Codename 47 or Contracts) he either responded with revulsion or complete disinterest.

DEADSIGS.jpg

RIP

Maybe he is picky.

kirottu said:

Well, if the start of Silent Assassin is any indication, 47 is not machine, I wasn't arguing that he doesn't have any feelings, just not a lot. Or he doesn't show them because he either:

1)feels that they get in the way of his career(obviously)

2)is severely traumatized(cloning, career choice, etc)

Yeah, well. I was being sarcastic, if you couldn't tell.

I believe that at the end of Silent Assassin, it's established pretty clearly that 47 is a killing machine, plain and simple, and that it's pointless for him to fight what he is. This is not to say he doesn't have any feelings (as illustrated in his relation with Diana), but those just don't operate in the same level as those of a "normal" person. He was, after all, genetically engineered with a single purpose in mind.

Except that doesn't make sense at all considering the last girl that kissed him while not killed was shunned pretty hardcore.  Depending on the game you played (Codename 47 or Contracts) he either responded with revulsion or complete disinterest.
Again, your opinion is that of an unlicensed Mr. Nobody, just like mine. I do not believe that a (even slightly) emotional 47 would be coherent with what we have seen thus far in the games, but hell, they even made the goddamn Terminator look like Father of the Year so he could be the central figure in the movie.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

^:rolleyes: indeed

How can you even make a movie about a total loner assassin that has almost nil feelings? I don't get it.

One can, with the talent, make a good movie about anything.

And for the record, i still have a hard time accepting Vin Diesel as 47, when there's Statham around.

Edited by Meshugger

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I was sort of implying that.

kirottu said:

They did not hold back or romaticize war at all.

Uhm.. What?

American war movies do indeed glorify war, or at least the american side of it. I don't see any vietnamese heroes fighting for their families and leaders against the evil americans in any movie..

Maybe that's because we aren't evil.

Edited by Krookie

A misguided one.

American war movies do indeed glorify war' date=' or at least the american side of it. I don't see any vietnamese heroes fighting for their families and leaders against the evil americans in any movie.. [/quote']

If you want to talk about being misguided, you'd probably recognize that I wasn't talking about all American War movies. In fact, if you look closely, you'll see that I commented that I liked Saving Private Ryan because it didn't glorify war. Which means I probably recognize that other war movies do in fact glorify war. To further accentuate how "misguided" you are, you ended up referring to the Vietnamese, when the one war movie I referred to as being misguided did not included Vietnam (it was a World War 2 movie).

Well i was stating that all american war movies are more or less the same. In my opinion, that is. And my point was that the "enemies" of the usa are either shown as cowards, merciless killers or mindless drones, not their nationality. After all, there's more movies about the Vietnam war than WW2, and vietnamese soldiers are generally shown in a worse light than germans.

Well i was stating that all american war movies are more or less the same. In my opinion, that is. And my point was that the "enemies" of the usa are either shown as cowards, merciless killers or mindless drones, not their nationality. After all, there's more movies about the Vietnam war than WW2, and vietnamese soldiers are generally shown in a worse light than germans.

Clearly I disagree with this sentiment wrt to Saving Private Ryan. It would also overlook movies such as All Quiet on the Western Front (A World War 1 movie following a German Soldier in the trenches). I also disagree that there are more movies about Vietnam than WW2. Maybe more modern ones, but a quick Google search had this chap with a compiled list of 612 World War 2 movies. Many of them older with stars like Clint Eastwood and John Wayne in them. Put Saving Private Ryan up beside some of those 50s and 60s WW2 flicks and see how "typical" it is. You could try watching The Longest Day, but after seeing Saving Private Ryan it just doesn't seem to have the same effect.

Furthermore, I don't recall the Germans being depicted as either cowards or merciless killers either. Certainly not akin to some other World War 2 movies like Bridge over the River Kwai (an excellent movie, but with soldiers running along beaches in their shorts with hot women alongside them in tropical countries, it particularly romantacizes being in the Army and war itself).

None of the german soldiers in Saving Private Ryan acted in an unbelievable way as far as I'm concerned. Sure "steamboat willie" was scared when he was a captured POW, but who wouldn't be. He was interested in saving his own life, as he probably should have been. And if he was let go and found by a german platoon, it's not too much of a stretch to think that he'd fight with them. Yeah, it was a little cheesy that it ended up being him who inevitably shot Miller, but big whoop. It would have been much cheesier if he had recognized him, and then either shot him (or not) afterwards.