Automated post removal message?

mkreku

Recently I've noticed that a few of my posts have gone mysteriously missing, although I don't remember using either bad words or breaking any board rules. Usually when I (or someone else) ask what happened to the post, the reply I/we get is, "If you have any questions/complaints about the moderating, please use a personal message to bring it up with the moderator in question". The problems occur when the post just goes missing. Who do I contact? How do I find out who removed it? Why was it removed? Is Feargus actually a post-eating alien from Mars?

A suggestion I have would be to add an automated system for these sort of actions. If a moderator decides to remove a post, why not let the board automatically send a message to the author of said post, letting that poster know when, where and by whom the post was removed? I feel it would add some sort of system/method to what can sometimes be perceived as random moderating on these boards.

Something simple as, "You had a post removed from the thread "Kirottu is a buttmuncher" in Way Off Topic, by Fionavar, Today, 07:33 AM" in the message title, with an optional explanation from the moderator as the message itself would suffice.

Just my two

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I'm pretty sure they like not having to explain themselves to anyone.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Something simple as, "You had a post removed from the thread "Kirottu is a buttmuncher" in Way Off Topic, by Fionavar, Today, 07:33 AM" in the message title, with an optional explanation from the moderator as the message itself would suffice.

We need threads like that. Just like "Mkreku

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

There is such an automated system for warnings but not for simply deleting posts. To implement it would require modifying the board source code which Im not sure can be done. Its a nice idea though.

to have to send a PM every time they delete a post would take a surpising amount of extra time for the mods.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

We need threads like that. Just like "Mkreku

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

I've noticed some of my posts missing. One of them, I deleted myself. The others, however, were mod-bait. I doubt I would have argued over the posts in question, but I do think it's courteous to let folks know when you bring down the ax. At least, I always mentioned it to the person in question.

However, folks can be real jerks about their posts. I mean, if a chic is showing sufficient skin, the post will probably the chop. If you call someone a 'tard, your post is probably going to get the chop. If you use a lot of profanity, your post is probably gong to get the chop.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

I'm pretty sure they like not having to explain themselves to anyone.
A winner is you!

There is such an automated system for warnings but not for simply deleting posts. To implement it would require modifying the board source code which Im not sure can be done. Its a nice idea though.

to have to send a PM every time they delete a post would take a surpising amount of extra time for the mods.

I understand that the boards as they are now are a somewhat extensively modded version of the standard Invision Power Board software, so I don't see why it couldn't be done.

Time is not the issue either, as it probably takes more time to do things the way they are now. That is, assuming you aren't flat out ignored, which takes even less time.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

I've noticed some of my posts missing.  One of them, I deleted myself.  The others, however, were mod-bait.  I doubt I would have argued over the posts in question, but I do think it's courteous to let folks know when you bring down the ax.  At least, I always mentioned it to the person in question.

However, folks can be real jerks about their posts.  I mean, if a chic is showing sufficient skin, the post will probably the chop.  If you call someone a 'tard, your post is probably going to get the chop.  If you use a lot of profanity, your post is probably gong to get the chop.

Yeah whatever you ****ing 'tard. :)

The good mods always notified me when they deleted my posts.

*HINT HINT*

DEADSIGS.jpg

RIP

Well lest this should spiral into mayhem and name calling ... oh wait ... well ... ummm ... thanks for the suggestion, I will forward it to admin and hopefully they will weigh the options. I can add that they are currently priming a game or something so this may take a bit if it is possible :huh:

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon: