Going to California for two weeks

Craigboy2

I'll be in the very lowest part of Northern California kind of by the coast (Monterey area). My dad said I'll probably want to visit the Intel museum. Is there anything else I might want to see?

Edited by Craigboy2

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

where exactly does north cali end?

I really dont' know... Sac or stockton?

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I live in California also. I tend to spend a lot of my time in Las Vegas, however. In fact, I just flew into town today.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

In a few weeks, he'll make another thread. "I hate California."

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Eldar, next time I'm in Vegas, I'll look you up. I have went every year for the past 6 years. Not this year though.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Eldar, next time I'm in Vegas, I'll look you up.  I have went every year for the past 6 years.  Not this year though.

Hell, I've met with other online geeks... I mean friends.... while I was in Las Vegas. I spend at least a full third of my year there. I hate to break it to you, Bok, but I don't gamble much. However, I did win $11 this time, enough to cover Starbucks for a friend and myself.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

I live in the heart of Northern California, so I can give a few tips.

1. Visit San Francisco for a day. It's actually a pretty small little city, and you can walk the entire downtown area if you are in decent shape. Visit Pier 39, but not on a weekend. The place is crowded. Get a tour of Alcatraz. Walk the Golden Gate. Take a ferry somewhere. Go to "The Stinking Rose" for dinner. This is an excellent restaurant that specializes in garlic dishes. It's easier than visiting Gilroy.

2. You said you are in the low part of Northern California. Do you have a town name? If you are near Hearst Castle, that's an excellent place to visit.

3. Carmel and Monterey are a bit further north, but they are excellent places to visit as well. There are some great Coastal redwoods in Big Basin as well. Just driving up and down Highway 1 is a pretty great experience...if you don't get car sick.

I've spent a lot of time exploring the area, as my wife and I don't have money for long distance vacations. If you are more clear about your expectations, timeline, and location, I can throw out some more info. It's a lovely part of the world.

where exactly does north cali end?

I really dont' know... Sac or stockton?

Both of those are more central Cali than Northern. Northern Cali is usually referred to as the Coastal region between Monterey and Napa. Although technically I guess it ends at Oregon, with Chico being the last major city (and that's debatable.)

Edited by Hurlshot

In a few weeks, he'll make another thread.  "I hate California."

Why are you so pessimistic?

I live in the heart of Northern California, so I can give a few tips.

1.  Visit San Francisco for a day.  It's actually a pretty small little city, and you can walk the entire downtown area if you are in decent shape.  Visit Pier 39, but not on a weekend.  The place is crowded.  Get a tour of Alcatraz.  Walk the Golden Gate.  Take a ferry somewhere.  Go to "The Stinking Rose" for dinner.  This is an excellent restaurant that specializes in garlic dishes.  It's easier than visiting Gilroy.

2.  You said you are in the low part of Northern California.  Do you have a town name?  If you are near Hearst Castle, that's an excellent place to visit. 

3.  Carmel and Monterey are a bit further north, but they are excellent places to visit as well.  There are some great Coastal redwoods in Big Basin as well.  Just driving up and down Highway 1 is a pretty great experience...if you don't get car sick.

I've spent a lot of time exploring the area, as my wife and I don't have money for long distance vacations.  If you are more clear about your expectations, timeline, and location, I can throw out some more info.  It's a lovely part of the world.

I'll be near the Monterey area.

Edited by Craigboy2

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf