What Music Are You Currently Listening To?

Darth Launch

When I was 14-16, the second cd I bought was Nightwish' Wishmaster.

Uh-huh. :(

I'm proud to be one of those lucky people that will never feel ashamed of their first ever cd.

In my case, that was The Prodigy's Music For The Jilted Generation. Released in 1995, at 11 years old (it's as old now as I was when I bought it) it still kicks some serious ass. Sadly it has quite a few scratches on it, but since I mostly listen to music on my pc nowadays, yay for mp3's.

Just thinking of it again makes me nostalgic. Listening to it right now... No Good :wub:

Is that because you're standing at the station in need of education in the rain Drabs?

Or was it overflowing gently because it's all elementary?

The Rivingtons - Papa Oom Mom Wow

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Stefan de la Barbulesti & Florin Salam & Liviu Pustiu - Baiat de lux

Baley is cool.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

The first album I ever owned was either,

B00000IOOE.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg Or B000002P7Z.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

I was 9.

Charles Bukowski - Something For The Touts, The Nuns, The Grocery Clerk And You

Stefan de la Barbulesti & Florin Salam & Liviu Pustiu - Baiat de lux

Baley is cool.

Oh man, if only you could understand those lyrics. The title goes something like "Luxury Boy", rich dweebs, gold chains, bad breath, fast cars, you get the idea.

music-5119.jpeg

When I was quite young, I wore that one out to the point where the tape broke.

dwight-yoakam-this-time.jpg

By 5th grade, I was listening to the local country music station. The first tape I bought with my own money was probably Dwight Yoakum's album This Time. I bought it for the song "A Thousand Miles from Nowhere" which I heard on the radio and immediately loved. That album still stands up today, and I still think the cover is really cool. I also had several of Garth Brooks' early albums on tape. I remember Ropin' the Wind was a favorite of mine.

B000002UXT.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

My first CD wasn't nearly as "cool," however....

0731453248625.jpg

I bought it in '96, I think, when I got my first CD player. Def Lep's ill-advised foray into semi-grunge and industrial music. I still own it, as I refuse to sell back the first CD I ever bought. Plus, there's still a few good songs on there. :-

edit: 'cause one of my pictures disappeared.

Edited by Darth Drabek

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

I'm pretty sure I've got you all beat in first album lameness, I mean, I only bought them because my best friends were infatuated with the artistes, of course those friends were also quite girlish, uh, from a biological point of view. It rubbed off.

Judge Dread - Big Five.

My friend's first record was a Lou Bega record.

He liked Mambo Number 5.

He looks back on those days with mucho shame.

Pearl Jam - Unemployable

Now, I like Pearl Jam's new record a lot, but Eddie Vedder's voice has really deteriorated over the years. Sometimes he coughs lyrics more than he sings them.

Edited by TrueNeutral

Hey, I had Mambo Number 5 on one of those pirated mix-tapes they used to spread around Eastern-Europe years ago, maybe they still do, I dunno, awful awful selections, freshly interpreted classics and drowsy rebel-solidifying pop acts, Coco Jambo, Macarena, childhood memories, I might just let a tear flow tonight, depends on my mood, tears for long-lost purity, eh? Bollocks.

William S. Burroughs & Kurt Cobain - The Priest They Called Him.

Edited by Baley

I don't know what was my first album.

But I listened a lot to the Beatles' red and blue best ofs and also the Scorpion's Gold Ballads. All on Vynil, of course.

The Beatles albums belonged to my dad and the Scorpions albums, to my sister.

@DDrabek: Eventually my dad recorded a couple of tapes with the Beatles' compilations so I wouldn't wear them out. :)

Edit: Wrong Scorpions album. :">

Edited by Pidesco

Heja Sverige!!

@Checkpoint: :)

Did you know John Lennon said "And Your Bird Can Sing" was the second-worst thing he ever wrote (excluding "Dig a Pony")? I always liked the song myself.

@Baley: Eh, don't feel bad. Everybody listened to some bubblegum pop at some point in their lives. Hell, I owned a "Jock Jams" cassette at one point, that included C&C Music Factory and Rob Base's "It Takes Two.

i'm not internationally known

but i'm known to rock the microphone

It did have that "Come Baby Come" song though, which is still kinda sweet, haha.

Hell yes, I remember Scatman John! That was probably 7th grade or so for me, back when I spent Sunday morning listening to Rick Dees and the Weekly Top 40.

"I'm the Scatman" was a pretty big novelty hit over here. I've never heard this one before, but it sounds pretty close to his other one.

I remember liking Scatman John a lot. I don't know why.

Heja Sverige!!

@Checkpoint: :)

Did you know John Lennon said "And Your Bird Can Sing" was the second-worst thing he ever wrote (excluding "Dig a Pony")? I always liked the song myself.

I think he had a tendency to say that about songs a couple of years after their release. "Cry Baby Cry" also springs to mind. Actually I too like "And Your Bird Can Sing"; I think it's one of their very finest songs. The Anthology version is even better than the one on Revolver because all that (probably weed-influenced) giggling just makes you so happy inside. :-

^Yes, that is a good observation, Checkpoint. /God