EA making System Shock 3?

funcroc

I'm not surprised on the exclusives, as Ubisoft and Pandemic have never been strictly one console.

I hesitate to believe this System Shock news, but we should come to terms with the fact that the real spiritual sequel is Bioshock.

I don't know, it might just be me, but.. It feels like EA is actually straying a tiny bit from the path of extreme capitalism! I mean, they announced Project Gray, they made The Godfather into a not-so-streamlined product as one could have expected, and now rumours are saying they might be itnerested in reviving the System Shock franchise. With a little luck, EA allows the creators of System Shock 3 (if it will ever be made) the creative freedom that is necessary for it to be a worthy successor in the System Shock series. If they fail, we can always count on Bioshock (which is looking better and better everytime I see it).

Now, if only we could get EA to reinvent their next NHL game too. I'm getting pretty sick of buying the same game in a new box every year. I know it's my fault (for continuing to support the trend) and all that, but I just.. can't.. stop :o

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Since half the creators behind System Shock and System Shock 2 are making Bioshock and the other half went to Ionstorm/Warren Spector's next project, who will make it?

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy