Vampire: Bloodlines.

Darque

The last two were clipping problems.... I got sucked out of the map at one place, and caught in a loop in another.

I do seem to remember falling through the street in Chinatown somehow...

I just kept falling and falling, seeing the town disappear above me.

Of course, it was my first game and I was a Malkavian, so madness *could* have been part of it, but I doubt it :thumbsup:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I had it happen at the warehouse, if you feed on someone near the entrance (of the building itself) after you dismount you'll fall through the ground :thumbsup:

I had it happen twice, so it's a definite bug :(

Okay guys, super secret time.

Since Bloodlines is Source engine based there really is no reason to let clipping bugs mess up your day. Just pull up the console whenever this happens and type in 'noclip' without the quotes and you'll go all floaty and be able to pass through any surface in the game. Also you move a lot faster than walking, I use it sometimes to travel fast because I'm lazy.

DEADSIGS.jpg

RIP

If they fixed the memory overflow issue I'd seriously bump my rating of this game from 8.5 to 9.5.  That's what's holding it back.

Which makes me even madder at troika... I mean come on, they had the potential to make a masterpiece (which Bloodlines almost is... darned bugs)

too little, too late, I suppose. <_<

Since Bloodlines is Source engine based there really is no reason to let clipping bugs mess up your day.  Just pull up the console whenever this happens and type in 'noclip' without the quotes and you'll go all floaty and be able to pass through any surface in the game.  Also you move a lot faster than walking, I use it sometimes to travel fast because I'm lazy.

Hey, nifty :ermm:

I've only had the one problem, and think it was a mount/dismount problem with where I was on the map.

Since Bloodlines is Source engine based there really is no reason to let clipping bugs mess up your day.  Just pull up the console whenever this happens and type in 'noclip' without the quotes and you'll go all floaty and be able to pass through any surface in the game.  Also you move a lot faster than walking, I use it sometimes to travel fast because I'm lazy.

Hey, nifty :ermm:

I've only had the one problem, and think it was a mount/dismount problem with where I was on the map.

Hm... that's considered cheating. Wasn't there something special that happened if you beat Bloodlines without cheating?

Hey, nifty :)

Hm... that's considered cheating. Wasn't there something special that happened if you beat Bloodlines without cheating?

I think I've played this game enough times both with cheats and without to give a big fat NO to that.

DEADSIGS.jpg

RIP

If they fixed the memory overflow issue I'd seriously bump my rating of this game from 8.5 to 9.5.  That's what's holding it back.

Which makes me even madder at troika... I mean come on, they had the potential to make a masterpiece (which Bloodlines almost is... darned bugs)

too little, too late, I suppose. <_<

Too bad they are gone. They are probably kicking themselves now that they let this could have been great game get away from them.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

I give it a 9, so close to a 10. >_<

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

I gave it 7.8/10. I reviewed the unpatched version. It's really annoying when you genuinely like a game but you have to take every aspect into consideration. The two worst offenders of this are Vampire: Bloodlines and Boiling Point. At least I could recommend Bloodlines..

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

The memory issue really made me feel reluctant to continue playing the game, especially when it kept repeating itself. If I didn't find the quicksave/quickload trick I would have quit, which is unfortunate. If there's something that would make players not want to continue playing I think it should be very significant in the game's overall rating.

Spreading beauty with my katana.

I did. It's a crappy platform game disguised in fantastic storytelling, characters and hippie graphics.

I enjoyed everything about the game, but not the game itself.

I gave it 7.8/10. I reviewed the unpatched version. It's really annoying when you genuinely like a game but you have to take every aspect into consideration. The two worst offenders of this are Vampire: Bloodlines and Boiling Point. At least I could recommend Bloodlines..

Hey, you still recommended Boiling Point...(which I should consider playing again now that I have a more powerful computer).

Hey, you still recommended Boiling Point...(which I should consider playing again now that I have a more powerful computer).

Yes, I did.. a few months later after they released that ~200 MB patch. In the review I wrote that the game had serious potential but in its current state it was too buggy and flawed to be recommended to anyone. I also made sure to tell the readers look out for patches because the game might become great if the developers fixed most of the bugs.

I can recommend it now, to anyone with a powerful rig. Also, it is really cheap now. I actually bought it to get the nice box and a prettier, prepatched DVD instead of my ugly, box-less, buggy review copy.