Oblivion Thread

Then the same will probably happen with Oblivion.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Oblivion is starting to just annoy me now with hard creatures over and over again. Its grunt work. And the caves, alyeid caverns are all looking the same to me. and people are starting to run out of things to talk about. Not to mention running in and out of the defeated areas for loot. Its all begining to seem to grunt work.

I'm really diggin the spell making and enchantments though! Those are SOOOO COOL DUDE BRO! I still have atleast 2 clubs to finish DBH and TG. The new addon looks awesome.

What are your main spells/weapons/enchantments of choice everyone?

I can't get frenzy to work for some reason...

Always outnumbered, never out gunned!

Unreal Tournament 2004 Handle:Enlight_2.0

Myspace Website!

My rig

With my first play-through of oblivion, I was primarily a swordsfighter with shield and a wee tad of healing.

And I finished that plot like it was my lover long lost. My second, third and forth didn't get that far into the plot.... well, my second did.. a thief and archer. I was, as they said back then, the Feces.

The only thing that can get Oblivion hard on you is levelling too fast. Like, if you level up by making potions and stuff, whilst you haven't fought a lot, you'd be the grand champion potionmaker, but the n00b at fighting... which of course brings trouble into the hood when you try to figh, considering you're pretty low level at fighting but high level alchemy, whilst your enemies level with you, except they are l33t at fighting.

err... sorry, I'm a tad drunk (i.e pissed like a Pratchett squirrel)... what I'm saying is, all foes are the same level as you, and if you've leved up with nothing but lockpicking, you're bound to get screwed.

EDIT: Because your foes will be lvl:d with phat fighting skills, not enchanting, alchemy or smithing skills or whatever got you levelled up so fast.

And don't get me started on persuation.

Edited by Noceur

I think all my talents are useful. Im a master illusionist/blade/light armor. I typically just sneak around behind people while invisible and get a 6X bonus hit with my custom enchanted Deadre longsword that i dubbed "Blade of Destruction" :) but that can get tedious sometimes.

Myspace Website!

My rig

I used swords and spells.

Mainly electrical spells because almost EVERYTHING on the other side of the oblivion gates were vulnerable to electrical damage.

Plus it was fun to watch things flop through the air after getting hit by area affect electricity :D

Also, I used ninja style spells. Short term invisibility+spell effect = win. :)

My destruction level is pathetic. I was using it alot until i leveled up a few times and it became more effective to just use my sword. Plus it was nice to sneak behind the mages and get one deadly blow in.

When i get into the oblivion gates i typically just zoom right in and out with my invisibility on. It makes the game so easy if you don't care about claiming weapons and armor for selling later.

I already have over a hundred K so it seems kinda pointless... :">

Myspace Website!

My rig

Everything on the other side was horrible for me, because

1/ It was ugly and of horrible exploration value, which cuts out a lot of Oblivion's advantages.

2/ There was ONLY combat. And way too much of it.

3/ I prefer my enemies to do something other than GROAR and run directly at you.

The first Clannfear battle in the courtyard, when you go to that K-town thats ravaged. Now that had a real sense of thrill and 'terror'. But do they really have to make you go in there so often?

...no, I didn't think Illusion would be very useful as a Major discipline. :);