getting the drop on him

post-1424-1150194686_thumb.jpg

surprise

post-1424-1150194650_thumb.jpgpost-1424-1150194658_thumb.jpg

I want out of here

post-1424-1150194442_thumb.jpg

an awkward way to go

post-1424-1150194569_thumb.jpg

floating boddies plague this game (rigamortis sets in very fast)

post-1424-1150194709_thumb.jpgpost-1424-1150194721_thumb.jpg

not your mamma's med stations

Edited by LostStraw

I have been considering getting a copy of that game.

I'm a Fileplanet subscriber, and it turns out I get these things called "HitPoints" whenever my subscription renews. I apparently have 1000, and Chronicles of Riddick is 900. (I also could have gotten any of my combat missions, or Hitman 2, both of which I bought through DD...oh well).

Edited by alanschu

I love these things. :D

post-2035-1150196477_thumb.jpgpost-2035-1150196492_thumb.jpgpost-2035-1150196505_thumb.jpg

I also love this game. The demo's (For both DoW and WA) are great. Anybody know where I can download them? Legally of course, like a pay site...D2D doesn't seem to have them.

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

I have been considering getting a copy of that game.

I'm a Fileplanet subscriber, and it turns out I get these things called "HitPoints" whenever my subscription renews.  I apparently have 1000, and Chronicles of Riddick is 900.  (I also could have gotten any of my combat missions, or Hitman 2, both of which I bought through DD...oh well).

I'm currently on my second play through of the game, definitely a lot more fun then I thought it would be when I picked it up. I have the directors cut version which has an unlockable commentary mode (kind of like the one in HL: Episode One) which can make it entertaining to go through again. It also has "cigarette packs" that can be collected to unlock things like concept art (just fun things). I'm not sure if these features exist in the regular (not sure if there is a "regular" version for the PC) version or not.

It also works on a checkpoint system instead of saves. Though there is the quicksave/quickload that lets you keep at least one of your own saved games around.

It has a bit of a storyline along with it, as well as some decent voice acting (for the most part). There's also a bit of (albeit limited) interaction during a few parts of the game and the NPCs usually have some interesting things to say, sometimes with many explicitives thrown in (though it fits the setting well). The game does have its fair share of problems, mostly just small bugs. There was only one level of the game I really didn't like, but it was rather short.

Edited by LostStraw

Is there by any chance MP potential out of that one?

I'm 100% game for MP wargaming.

There is.

It works with (pausable) continuous time, order delays (with staff overload and such) and AI chains of command, so it could technically be played as a 'RTS'. You can't PBEM this one, as it'd have to be a live session, though. Only, since it might take a few hours in-game before any of your orders get implemented, you can't twitch your way to victory.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

I love these things.  :D

post-2035-1150196477_thumb.jpgpost-2035-1150196492_thumb.jpgpost-2035-1150196505_thumb.jpg

I also love this game. The demo's (For both DoW and WA) are great. Anybody know where I can download them? Legally of course, like a pay site...D2D doesn't seem to have them.

great now I gotta go play chaos and show you the power of the bloodthirster.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Is there by any chance MP potential out of that one?

I'm 100% game for MP wargaming.

There is.

It works with (pausable) continuous time, order delays (with staff overload and such) and AI chains of command, so it could technically be played as a 'RTS'. You can't PBEM this one, as it'd have to be a live session, though. Only, since it might take a few hours in-game before any of your orders get implemented, you can't twitch your way to victory.

An "RTS" like Hearts of Iron is technically an RTS? (I'm game for some MP gaming with that too!)

You shut your face.

Yeah, I could really see Airborne Assault mp go places. Not even remotely twitch, but there's no room to doze off, either, as it'd all be happening in 'real-time'. I'd be against pause in this case.

As cool as HOI2 mp would be, I'm not convinced it wouldn't be more trouble than it's worth. But then, that's because I mega-micro. The game is paused all the time. I have ALL the events set on autopause. ALL of them.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

You shut your face.

Yeah, I could really see Airborne Assault mp go places. Not even remotely twitch, but there's no room to doze off, either, as it'd all be happening in 'real-time'. I'd be against pause in this case.

As cool as HOI2 mp would be, I'm not convinced it wouldn't be more trouble than it's worth. But then, that's because I mega-micro. The game is paused all the time. I have ALL the events set on autopause. ALL of them.

You wouldn't have that option in MP though. The slow speed is pretty slow though. I'd usually play through on Normal in MP until the war broke out.

Agreed. :(

I love these things.  :D

great now I gotta go play chaos and show you the power of the bloodthirster.

1. I'm waiting, Calax. :(

2. Nobody knows where I can, legally, download these games? I haven't been able to find a place yet.

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

- Everlast

Looks like I should check it out :ph34r:

Since it came out awhile ago, it should be available on the cheap.

post-1424-1150237990_thumb.jpgpost-1424-1150237998_thumb.jpg

Most of the lights can be shot (for some nice romantic settings :(). Unfortunately stealth is only really usable in a few parts of the game, mostly it's Rambo style action.

post-1424-1150238013_thumb.jpgpost-1424-1150238019_thumb.jpg

Run away!!!

post-1424-1150238033_thumb.jpg

The worst part of the game (thankfully over rather quickly)

Edited by LostStraw

You can't.

:(

- Everlast