I watched Ep3 a few days ago...

Count Dooku also plays as Saruman in LOTR. So damn lucky to be in both trilogies...

The only parts that I cant help but laugh at is win DV does the NOOOOOOOO thing and the other is more funny to me. Its when Darth Sidious is hanging on that Senator platform during the fight with Yoda and he goes......"HAHAHA! EEEEHHHHHHHHHHH!" (w00t)

If money is the root of all evil.....why is the world not destroyed?

I kind of wish GL kept the mushy stuff to a minimum, and instead used those parts of the film to show more Clone Wars action.

I think that was GL's attempt at keeping the mushy stuff to a minimum. At least, when compared to the middle prequel. :D

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Anakin followed Asajj through hyperspace to the ancient Sith temples of Yavin 4. Anakin continued his pursuit on foot, aided by clone troopers. Using the Force, Asajj whittled away the clone trooper guards, and then began a stunning lightsaber duel with Anakin. So skilled was she, Asajj even proved to be a challenge to the fabled Chosen One of Jedi legend. To defeat her, Anakin needed the edge granted by giving into anger. In a furious counter-attack, young Skywalker repulsed Ventress, who nevertheless survived.

I'm right again she lives.

EDIT: Oh yes I am right again

Shortly before the end of the war, Obi-Wan and Anakin attempt but fail to capture Dooku's dark-side apprentice, Asajj Ventress, who remains at large.
Edited by Sturm

I think episode II was actually better. Yeah there was all that crappy love stuff in the middle, but if you know how to use a DVD player you can skip pretty much all of it. Theres no way to make the bulk of episode III palatable. Between the horrid banter between Kenobi and Anakin on Grievous's ship to the fact that his name is General Greivous theres no way to escape the crappiness. Episode III made me sad, sad that George Lucas is washed up and maybe really never was. Perhaps the original Star Wars was just a combination of time and budget constraints actually working for a film and the natural warping that occurs as Lucas remembered the space opera serials he loved as a child and tried to rip off as best he could.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Sidious just laughs at everybody with no reason. I like it when Yoda force pushes him beyond his desk, ha ha!

The one thing I absolutely cant bear to watch is all those retarded face expressions he makes during the fight with Mace :rolleyes:

If money is the root of all evil.....why is the world not destroyed?

Sidious just laughs at everybody with no reason. I like it when Yoda force pushes him beyond his desk, ha ha!

The one thing I absolutely cant bear to watch is all those retarded face expressions he makes during the fight with Mace :wub:

And Palpatine and his "Oh Ah, Oh Oh take That and THAT" Looking sort of face

Palpatine: Nothing further than being witch-like, or original Diablo's personification of a skeleton king.

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧

I kind of wish GL kept the mushy stuff to a minimum, and instead used those parts of the film to show more Clone Wars action.

I think that was GL's attempt at keeping the mushy stuff to a minimum. At least, when compared to the middle prequel. :D

He still failed miserably.

So instead of seeing minimum (read: none) romance stuff between Anakin and Padme (who had NO chemistry) and seeing a lot more action shots of the various Clone Wars battles, or even more fleshed out scenes where the Clones turn on the Jedi, we get Anakin and Padme in cringe-worthy lovey dovey scenes, and we get brief, almost afterthought scenes of the Clones killing the Jedi.

Honestly, the entire prequel could have been much better if he'd concentrated on other things, instead of it being by in large based on Anakin and Padme.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

You right... GL probably wanted to rush this end episode. He just put in some good fight scenes so the people could forget the other subjects. And he also made all the Clones kill the Jedi to just finish it of as Ghostofanakin said.

I hope... in the future... if SW will still exist, the movies will be based on a different era.

My opinion about why the original trilogy worked, and the prequel trilogy didn't comes down to this:

The original trilogy was about Good vs. Evil, Rebellion vs. the Empire. Yes, Luke Skywalker was the hero, but it wasn't really *his* story. It was the story of the struggle of a small group of underdogs (the Rebellion) versus a tyranical group (the Empire).

The prequel trilogy, by GL's own account, is Anakin's story. His fall, what caused him to fall, etc. And hence the entire prequel trilogy was based around *him*.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

If the prequels are really about Anakin's fall GL couldn't very well have left out the love scenes, because without them the fall could never work. In fact, that's the whole problem with the prequels, they depend completely on something that was horribly done, and as such are failed movies. You can never believe in Anakin's fall if you don't believe in Anakin's love for Padme. So the problem wasn't that GL inserted a love story in the movies but that he couldn't write it properly.

I'm betting Lucas is aware of this and feels quite ashamed about it.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

If the prequels are really about Anakin's fall GL couldn't very well have left out the love scenes, because without them the fall could never work. In fact, that's the whole problem with the prequels, they depend completely on something that was horribly done, and as such are failed movies.  You can never believe in Anakin's fall if you don't believe in Anakin's love for Padme. So the problem wasn't that GL inserted a love story in the movies but that he couldn't write it properly.

I'm betting Lucas is aware of this and feels quite ashamed about it.

Hence why I said what failed with the prequels is it depended on the story of one individual, rather than on the story of good versus evil, to succeed.

I believe that the prequels should have been about the fall of the Republic, plus the Clone Wars, with the Anakin fall as a result of it and just a side story (much like Luke's hero's journey was a sidestory to the much bigger Empire vs. Rebellion plot). IMO, that would have made the stories more "Star Wars".

I truly believe GL lost focus of what made his OT successful.

I still think the more personal story of the prequels could've worked well, if done properly. For me the (bad) quality of the prequels is not a question of personal story vs. good/evil story, it's a question of crap writing vs. good writing.

I don't know what happened to GL. American Graffitti had a good script.

Heja Sverige!!

What happened to Georgie boy? He got all excited about the new CGI graphics and effects he could produce and spent his time on that, rather than writing a good script.

Do you really believe that?

Heja Sverige!!

Do you really believe that?

I do.

Just watch how often he talks about the "neat" new things he can do now that he wasn't able to do when he made the OT.

You don't hear him brag about the story, just about how "cool" everything looks now.