Gay Marriage and adoption!

LoneWolf16

Do you believe gay marriage and adoption should be legalized?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe gay marriage and adoption should be legalized?

• Yes, of course.
    • No, absolutely not.
    • Yes, but with a few regulations. (Describe in a post)
    • No, but perhaps a substitute? (Describe in a post)
    • Yes to marriage, but no adoption. (Or vice versa)
    • No to marriage, but adoption allowed. (Or vice versa)
    • I don't care either way.
    • This entire debate is beneath humanity as a whole.
    • Live and let live.

Why doesn't anyone ever think of a gene for homosexuality that for males is carried by females and vice versa. It's neat and tidy and it explains why they exist without going extinct all of a sudden. Since they haven't actually isolated the cause yet I can say this without being outright proven wrong.

DEADSIGS.jpg

RIP

Another fact is that a child has the same chance of being messed up from a Homo familly as he/she does from a Hetero familly.
But you don't know that. That's the problem.

How many Hetero parents abuse their children?
That's why not every hetero couple is allowed to adopt. It's not about abuse, either.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Actually, there has been some evidence to suggest that there is genetic/physical differences between heterosexual and homosexual individuals. Men's and women's brains are wired and organised differently (for instance, women's are more symmetrical) and brain studies have found that the brains of homosexual men are organised in a far more similar way to women's brains than heterosexual men, particularly in areas that the biggest differences between male and female brains occur.

Of course, there's the whole "cause and effect" issue, but regardless of that, I think this shows that there are individuals that are born with "a homosexual" trait, so to speak, which can be passed on genetically, however it will only be "expressed" if there is the appropriate environmental trigger.

Anyway, make what you will of that, that's just the brief biological/evolutionary psychology perspective on homosexuality.

[color=gray][i]OO-TINI![/i][/color]

Another fact is that a child has the same chance of being messed up from a Homo familly as he/she does from a Hetero familly.
But you don't know that. That's the problem.

How many Hetero parents abuse their children?
That's why not every hetero couple is allowed to adopt. It's not about abuse, either.

I don't know the exact statistical number, no. Do you?

And not every Homo couple should either.

The point is Homo and Hetero couples should be submitted to the same qualification criterias/process, regardless of sexual orientation.

The abuse part was an example. Prejudice would be another.

Edited by astr0creep

Here's a thought - If homosexuality is genetic, wouldn't gay marriage eventually remove it from the gene pool because there's no more shaming people who carry it into marriages of convenience and stuff?

I'm not sure where I was going with this. I don't even know if the gene thing is true. I'd do more research, but for all my "equel people equel rights" lovemongering, the subject makes me slightly uncomfortable.

The point is Homo and Hetero couples should be submitted to the same qualification criterias/process, regardless of sexual orientation.

Don't stop there: let's have a hurdle for ALL prospective parents, before anyone can have children. ^_^

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Don't stop there: let's have a hurdle for ALL prospective parents, before anyone can have children. ^_^

We were talking about adoption, not what is considered "normal" conception.

There is a qualification process for adopting a child. A process that costs about 30000$US for a 3 month old Korean boy.

I voted Yes, Of Course because I believe everyone should have equal rights, but my actual opinion on the matter is that marriage should be abolished and replaced with a non-religious institution in the first place.

And before anyone asks why, I'm just going to come out and say it: Religion is pretty much stupid. I'm sorry if I offend you by saying this but this is how I feel.

How about leaving the religious institution to the particular religion and have an equal secular institution for everyone else, allowing it to be special for those who want it to be special?

Saying religion is stupid is just as ridiculous as saying homosexuality is stupid. People can choose to believe in God just as well as they can choose to be gay.

Science is the devil to them. Frankly I find religious types, Christian or otherwise, to be annoying. Except the bhuddists. They don't bother me with literature.

Ah, the tolerance is refreshing.

I wasn't. ^_^

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I wasn't. ^_^

<_<

Saying religion is stupid is just as ridiculous as saying homosexuality is stupid.  People can choose to believe in God just as well as they can choose to be gay.

Very few people actually choose to believe in God without having been indoctrinated from birth. I find there is a distinct lack of choice in every Christian I know. Going to a Christian school, that's quite a lot.

Edited by TrueNeutral

perhaps due to the perceived lifestyle differences?

that's part of the perceived lifestyle difference. lesbians don't come across as "flamers" or whatever. they aren't seen as the wild partiers always looking for a different partner each night of the week. that, and guys get off on the possibility of two chicks getting it on. right or not, tis true.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

perhaps due to the perceived lifestyle differences?

that's part of the perceived lifestyle difference. lesbians don't come across as "flamers" or whatever. they aren't seen as the wild partiers always looking for a different partner each night of the week. that, and guys get off on the possibility of two chicks getting it on. right or not, tis true.

taks

Those are called "stereotypes" Taks. Most Gays and Lesbians you couldn't tell apart from Heteros. And some Heteros you'd think they're Gays. It's a sexual orientation, like prefering crunchy peanut butter over smooth.

Mmmmm peanut butter. :-

Those are called "stereotypes" Taks. Most Gays and Lesbians you couldn't tell apart from Heteros.

no kidding. that's why the word "perceived" is in there. alanschu and i were discussing how society views homsexual females vs. homosexual males. the stereotypes ARE how gays are perceived, right or wrong.

taks

Saying religion is stupid is just as ridiculous as saying homosexuality is stupid.  People can choose to believe in God just as well as they can choose to be gay.

Very few people actually choose to believe in God without having been indoctrinated from birth. I find there is a distinct lack of choice in every Christian I know. Going to a Christian school, that's quite a lot.

This is quite true. I was raised as a Muslim and attended a Catholic school. Both religions have served me no purpose and were a complete waste of my time, although I must admit that I prefer Islam over Christianity.

IMO, homosexuality is something that is present from birth (or atleast in the very early stages of someones life). I think this way because I have a few memories from when I was a child and I remember the way I would act with other males.

As for marriage, I see it as unnecessary (even more so for homosexuals) but I don't really care what other gays do. I do not think that adoption would be in the best interests of the child, so I vote no for the adoption issue.

Again, I don't care what other gays do in their own time but I think that their practises are disgusting (their method of sex is just sickening).

And to clear up any confusion people may have about this post, I'm not 100% homosexual. I very recently discovered that I'm a homo-romantic asexual (I am attracted to other boys but I have no desire to kiss/sex them in any way).

EDIT:MY AVATAR AND SIG!!! OMG WTF WAS I THINKING?!

Edited by ><FISH'>

You don't want to "sex them"? :D

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Here's a thought - If homosexuality is genetic, wouldn't gay marriage eventually remove it from the gene pool because there's no more shaming people who carry it into marriages of convenience and stuff?

no, not at all. your thought starts out by assuming only homosexuals have "the gene". how then, were they born in the first place? in other words, if it is a gene problem (mutation, whatever), it obviously exists in heterosexuals recessively, and appears without homosexuals needing to reproduce.

i'm not saying it is a result of a gene, btw. the fact that homosexuality does show up in the animal kingdom from time to time suggests that genes may at least be a factor, however.

taks

What, Hades? Are you against "sexing" other people??

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat: