A dirty little secret

Cantousent

Eldar, I better be in this story.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

How about we put you in the module? :Eldar's ear to ear grin:

Actually, I think a module that incorporates all the regulars from this board would be a great tongue in cheek project.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

I wouldn't have guessed it.

Ever.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

I was thinking on making Lou the PI naturally!

A murder mystary! Since Ender is gone, he'll be the victim. Lou will investigate. Heck, I'll make him a pregen. Then have a character named Hades/Visceris that absolutely hates the protagonist for no rational reason!

I wouldn't have guessed it.

Ever.

Thats probably got something to do with you being a moron.

Jerk.

I was thinking on making Lou the PI naturally!

A murder mystary!  Since Ender is gone, he'll be the victim.  Lou will investigate.  Heck, I'll make him a pregen.  Then have a character named Hades/Visceris that absolutely hates the protagonist for no rational reason!

I like it!

I'd endorse that.

One of the things that drove me personally crazy during my own feeble novel attempts was having to keep notes of dozens of characters while writing so I wouldn't make errors like forget a made-up language word meant this instead of that, or a character's birthday or hair color. And yeah, you do fall in love...or sometimes even hate...with your characters as you go along.

Sounds like you're having a blast, and that's the most important thing - if contracts and money eventually follows, that's the icing.

Send us all autographed copies when you're rich and famous! :D

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

You're going about this the wrong way. Hades will be the pregen character with amnesia. He'll love that!

Anyhow, I want to say something to my fellow frustrated writers. You can do it. Sure, it will be hard and it will take discipline, but you CAN write a book.

I firmly believe that the most help we can give is to believe in each other. I will finish my book. ...And I know that you can finish yours. If you put your mind to it, I know you will finish yours.

When I was a student in high school, one of my teachers told me that nothing I did would matter because I would never go to college. Well, it took me some 13 years, but I went to college and finished with two degrees, several awards, including the departmental award in Classical Studies, and with highest honors.

Don't tell yourself that your writing sucks. Think of some of the terrible books you've seen. I'm sure your writing, no matter how hard you are on yourself, is better than some of the stuff you've read. Someone is going to be published. It might not be me. It might not be you. ...But someone will be and why shouldn't it be us.

Don't convince yourself to accept failure. Never accept it, even when someone tries to force feed it to you. If I fail, then the worst that's going to happen is... what? That folks will know that I had the audacity to believe in myself? Well, then, I will bear that charge gladly. It will be a mark of honor.

I never want to see any of you putting down your work again. Sure, say you want to write something better, but don't say that what you've written is bad. That's not for you to decide. I can't stop you from putting down your work, but keep this in mind: at least you have work.

Hades mentioned that he'd finished a manuscript a long time ago. He said it was horrible and it wouldn't sell and it was crap. You know, a tiny, tiny fraction of the population finishes writing a manuscript.

So, let's make this pledge, the first one of us to publish a book buys a round for the rest of us. Deal?

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

wow... why do I get the feeling i'll be made out to be the little kid who wants to grow up to be a big bad paladin...

ah who knows...

good books should have sex, violence and metaphore.... or mystery, romance and insane clues. or mix and match...

hmmm I wonder what a metaphorical mytery with insane clues would be like... and have all the metaphores be sexual...

ok i'm going to stop now.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.