Was I right or what

Huh?  Too many "" - it's impossible to tell what you're saying, and what you may be pulling out of someone elses brain.  Both the 360 and PS3 are fully next gen, they carry all of the graphical features that distinguish them appart from the PS2/Xbox/Gamecube generation.

I really doubt this is the first you've heard of the map issue. Not a showstopper but something that keeps getting mentioned.

and the fact that "load screens" are still with us, etc.

no one is disputing that the video that actually gets rendered on screen is next gen video.

(BTW: I am leaning toward the 360 myself...I'm just trying to have balanced approach.)

PS3 hardware - SLOW AND BROKEN

Before people jump on the inquirer sucks bandwagon, please note they were right about the 360 rumors of two SKUs, the GPU rumors for the 360, the initial PS3 rumors, the Wii rumors, GeForce 3 rumors, etc...

The Sony hype train has been derailed.

PS3_memory_bandwidths.jpg

I don't know what that means.

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

There isn't a huge visible difference between the most recent Xbox games and the new 360 games for a few reasons. First off, it takes developers time to become effective on new consoles. Every console goes through many different stages of game quality. The Xbox is at it's performance peak, or at least close to it. The 360 is only just starting the climb.

Secondly, TV's haven't really caught up with the technology. If I plug a PS3 into my current TV, it's not going to look super impressive. I need a top of the line TV and games that are designed for the top settings. The TV's are out there, but they are super expensive. My TV is HD, but it's only capable of the lower resolution setting (480?)

PS3 hardware - SLOW AND BROKEN

Before people jump on the inquirer sucks bandwagon, please note they were right about the 360 rumors of two SKUs, the GPU rumors for the 360, the initial PS3 rumors, the Wii rumors, GeForce 3 rumors, etc...

The Sony hype train has been derailed.

PS3_memory_bandwidths.jpg

I don't know what that means.

I doubt he does either, but it's a knock against the PS3 so he's happy.

I'm in the group thats buying a PS3 because 600 bucks for a Blu-Ray player is dirt cheap. As for games, it looks like the PS3 and the 360 are about equal from what I've seen of the upcoming lineups.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

If PS3 doesn't break down within the first week, then I declare it the superior system ;)

What if there aren't any games for it?

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf