I too need a new RPG

KOTOR and KOTOR 2 were the first REAL RPG's I bought. Then I followed them up with Fable: TLC and Resident Evil 4. All are good games but I have now developed a craving for RPG's.

My birthday is coming up on June 7th but I just cant find a good enough RPG to purchase. I thought about some of the more talked about ones such as Morrowind and World of Warcraft since I LOVED Warcraft 3 and the expansion as well. I rented Morrowind the other day and it just wasnt for me and my dad absolutely will NOT let me pay 15$ a month on his credit card for World of Warcraft (I wanted that game so bad too :( ). I never thought a day would come where I could not decide on any of the games on the market :ph34r: , but my friends, I am at a loss. So decided to turn turn to the guys who know RPG's.

Im looking for something with a great storyline that keeps my attention going throughout the game,preferably medieval or fantasy medieval but can be something else.

Real time combat (none of that turn table crap like final fantasy).

Good customizable character appearance (doesnt have to be there,but it is a big plus)

Good graphic environments on xbox or ps2 (I just dont do pc RPG's)

MUST BE in third person (thats what kept me from buying Oblivion)

a wide selection of weapons and armor, swords, shields, axes, bows,........lightsabers :)

Thats all really. Of course Im sure almost everyone is looking for those same characteristics for their system of game.

P.S. If you have something other than an RPG that might be worth the buy such as a good RTS or FPS ten feel free to post them as well. :)

If money is the root of all evil.....why is the world not destroyed?

Then you're outta luck. You could try Jade Empire, but its got no lightsabers, isn't medieval, and has no customizable character appearances.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Looks like you'll have to wait for Mass Effect, Bioshock, or Project New Jersey.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

Ya bud, you kinda narrowed it down a little too far there. There are probably some decent Japanese RPGs on the Playstation 2 that would fit your requirements, but none aside from Jade Empire I can think of on the Xbox that you've haven't tried.

There's a fairly good old game on the Xbox called Enclave, which is more of a third-person action adventure than an RPG(by my standards), but you can select different characters with different types of abilities throughout the campaign and it's in a medieval setting. There's even an entirely seperate campaign for the "bad side" where you can use their characters after you've completed the good campaign.

It can be very difficult in parts though.

WOW! THis must be a joke. Pretty much all games don't match what he wants... Jade Empire is the cloest thing that fits his description, and since it's made by BIO it, of course, has similairites to the KOTORs.

However, it doens't have a highly customable characetr appearance, or lots of weapons and armour (in fcat, it has no armour, r00fles!).

So, in esssence... I pronounce his desire with this:

Game over.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Sounds to me like you're looking for a 3rd person Star Wars game. The Battlefront series should work fine. As well as the Jedi Knight/Academy games.

Your best bet is Jade Empire. It's the closest thing you are gonna get to the KOTORs on the x-box. It doesn't meet *all* your qualifications; bu then again no game does. Otherwise, you are screwed.

LOL :D

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Jade Empire's a good game. Especially at its $20 price point.

It mostly involves martial arts/hand to hand combat. That said, yes there are weapons. Though VERY limited.

Mercenaries: It's very much action, but it feels like a RPG because of its open-endedness. Much like GTA.

GTA: Vice City & San Andreas: Not really RPG's either, but especially San Andreas feels like one. Also, they're very customizable and both are in third person view.

Dragon Quest 8: Turn based battles in this one, but other than that it's a great game.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!