The Nu Metal Topic

roshan

Not really.

Singing really quickly does not equal rapping.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Nu metal stands for New Urban Metal.

Slipknot and System of a Down are not and were never nu metal, they are alternative metal (especially the latter), and Disturbed hasn't been nu metal since The Sickness. Believe and Ten Thousand Fists are just hard rock.

Hell, all these bands (Disturbed as of recently) do guitar solos, and better ones than some 'classic metal bands' might I add. Most notably, Slayer. Kerry King never learned guitar scales, and his solos end up just being random notes which sound like utter dingo.

I feel sorry for half the bands with downtuned guitars that started playing music during the nu metal time, because they were all lumped into the same group. Incubus (whose genre varies - 'Morning View' was pretty much just pop rock) and Godsmack (post-grunge, most notably ripping off Alice In Chains) are prime examples.

Why is 10 thousand fists hard rock? It sounds like traditional metal to me.

I suppose that also works, but they're not 'metal' in any contemporary sense.

For the record, I actually like Disturbed. It's one of the bands that helped me to get into music in the first place.

I was just starting to listen to Master of Puppets... and in the song Battery, the guy is rapping!!!  (w00t)  :D  :)

Oh yeah, Metallica is definitely rap metal. Everybody talks about the Motorhead and Diamond Head influences, but if you listen closely you can hear Hetfield ripping off Biggie Smalls.

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

• 2 weeks later...

I consider system of a down as teh best nu-metal band(i think they have their own unique sound whirling btw nu-metal, punk, speed metal and even black metal wo a scream vocal).a general habit ive observed on bands of nu-metal is lack of continuity.they ususally start w a big explosion but cant continue w teh same sound.they decrease in teh anger or something.for SOD i can say their 1st album was a good start, 2nd an explsion, 3rd as continuity of teh explosion and last couple as a pass to a different sound.however that 'different' sound does not suck and make easily u an addictive to mezmerize&hypnotize double w songs like 'kill rock'n roll'.

i cant say teh same for linkin park though as theyve start to suck after teh great album 'meteora'.they r just repeating themselves.

despite my consideration of 6 f under as a death metal band, they r good w brutal vocal-music harmony job.

limp bizkit i think was similar to linkin park w a great explosion at chocolate starfish and teh hot dog flavoured butter but then started to suck.

i dont like korn or slipknot though.

ithink this nu-metal generation shall not last long and drift like smoke in teh future.

The Illuminator

Democracy starts with allowing different political opinions to express themselves.

Fascism starts with killling all, who has different political opinions than yours.

It's a pity for earth as it is full of fascists claiming to be democratic.

I don't use terms like Nu Metal, Rap, and Emo. I use two terms to catagorize the music I listen to.

There is music I like. There is music I don't like. Simple.

I listen to the music I do like such as Aerosmith, Depeche Mode, Enya, Greenday, Marylin Manson, Ice T, Metallica, System of a Down, Disturbed, AC DC, and the such.

I don't listen to music that I don't like such as Randy Travis, Brooks and Dunn, Ice Cube, Erasure, Vanilla Ice, Fleetwood Mac, and the such.

What more do we need?

But if we do have to pick the best Nu Metal band it would be Powerman 5000.

Nu Metal I listen to would be Linkin Park, old Adema (Mark Chavez period), Spineshank, and thats about it. I consider Korn Nu-Metal. I consider them the originators of Nu-Metal. They started it, and unfortunately most failed to follow their footsteps of being a decent band. Also Incubus was Nu-Metal back in the days of S.C.I.E.N.C.E. Which also happened to be their best album. Everything after Make Yourself has been ****e.

Edited by Oerwinde
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Emo is gone already, replaced by annoying brit-rock.

Nu Metal I listen to would be Linkin Park, old Adema (Mark Chavez period), Spineshank, and thats about it. I consider Korn Nu-Metal. I consider them the originators of Nu-Metal. They started it, and unfortunately most failed to follow their footsteps of being a decent band. Also Incubus was Nu-Metal back in the days of S.C.I.E.N.C.E. Which also happened to be their best album. Everything after Make Yourself has been ****e.

Incubus was not nu-metal in the days of S.C.I.E.N.C.E., because S.C.I.E.N.C.E. cannot be placed into a single genre. The diversity is too great. Incubus pre-Make Yourself is pretty much Mr. Bungle 2.0.

Also, I can see why you'd hate Crow Left Of The Murder (which is terrible with the exception of one song, pretty much), but but I like Morning View a lot. It may be basically a pop-album, but there's some great songwriting on there.

Was emo actually ever as huge as nu-metal in the first place? Hell, was emo ever even big?

The only emo bands I can remember hearing that weren't from far before the 'emo explosion' are Taking Back Sunday, Fall Out Boy and From Autumn To Ashes. Well, and Straylight Run, but that's basically Taking Back Sunday anyway. Not too big a deal. It's just a flow of music instead of a phenomenom.

Emo seems way bigger because, though nu-metal was way more huge, their followers are not nearly as annoying as emo kids.

Edited by TrueNeutral

They should make that the name of a color in the crayon box. They have the "tickle me pink" pink one. They need a "tickle me emo" gray/black one.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.