List a feature that is now standard

I still think Wasteland was what made "learn-by-doing" popular. Wayyy before Morrowind or even Daggerfall or Arena.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Ah, okay. Thought you had lost your mind. HL brought story, triggered stuff and intelligent enemies to FPS's. Although you could argue that Sin did that first. Poorly, but still.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Thief did the same for me. Ah, too bad it never got hugely popular. I would have liked to see stealth games, with huge production values and great allroundedness. Nowadays I can either choose a stupid plot(Splinter Cell), a game movie(MGS) or a bugathlon(Thief:DS). Arghhh

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

Did anyone mention patching? What game showed that publishers could wait to fix problems as long as they came out with a patch later? That's a worthy feature.

Also, expansion packs. Which game feature an expansion pack rather than a sequel.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Thief did the same for me. Ah, too bad it never got hugely popular. I would have liked to see stealth games, with huge production values and great allroundedness. Nowadays I can either choose a stupid plot(Splinter Cell), a game movie(MGS) or a bugathlon(Thief:DS). Arghhh

Well Thief had two sequels.

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

Well Thief had two sequels.

And I used to participate in both respective modding scenes.

kirottu said:

Just to chime in: As far as ragdoll physics, I'd give the nod to Hitman: Agent 47(suck) or Silent Assassin(excellent). It was at least the first game that I thought ragdoll physics added something substantial to the experience. Blasting a dude at close range with a shotgun and having him respond to the impact by flying back into a wall was pretty cool for the time, as was being able to shove incapacitated victims into tight spaces.

I remember making mafia thugs do backflips with the silverballers. :D

kirottu said:

I disagree. There was too much lame arse easter eggs and toilet humor in Fallout 2 for me to consider it better than Fallout 1. It is still a great game mind you, with only two games better, but Fallout 2 is not better than Fallout 1. Also the boxing minigame was kind of stupid. I hate mini games.

Edited by Judge Hades

I disagree.  There was too much lame arse easter eggs and toilet humor in Fallout 2 for me to consider it better than Fallout 1.  It is still a great game mind you, with only two games better, but Fallout 2 is not better than Fallout 1.

That is the best part of the game, easter eggs and humor.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

I disagree.  There was too much lame arse easter eggs and toilet humor in Fallout 2 for me to consider it better than Fallout 1.  It is still a great game mind you, with only two games better, but Fallout 2 is not better than Fallout 1.  Also the boxing minigame was kind of stupid.  I hate mini games.

Fallout was boring >_<

Of course it probably didn't help that I played Fallout 2 first.

Hades is wrong. FO2 > FO1 because it was cooler.

Being raped by mutant > having love sick puppy try to have sex with you 24 hours a day

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

The President was better. I'm sorry, but the whole,"I want to turn everyone a pile of goo becaue I'ma pile of goo" isn't exactly the best reason to ebcome a 'villain', imo.

The President's distaste for those different or those 'not human' is a lot mor elogical. And, at least he didn't try to 'turn them back into humans, lol' with a fancy goo syrup.

R00fles!

P.S. The Master was good; but surely is overrated.

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.