Who will win the console war?  

95 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the console war?

• Sony's PS3
    • Microsoft's 360
    • Nintendo's Wii

$1,000 for a game system!? :-

What the hell were they thinking?

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

"revolutionary gameplay of the Wii"

Exactly how is it revolutionary? People keep saying this, and I'm still not buying it.

I agree. It's pretty stupid to believe a motion sensing control with introduce a new world of gaming. How different is that control from... let's say, a mouse?

"revolutionary gameplay of the Wii"

Exactly how is it revolutionary? People keep saying this, and I'm still not buying it.

I agree. It's pretty stupid to believe a motion sensing control with introduce a new world of gaming. How different is that control from... let's say, a mouse?

I typed a whole thing out, then I figured it wasn't worth it. Enjoy your endless wave of pretty yet soul crushing FPS.

I'd just like to note that a mouse works on a single plane, where as the Wii-mote works in any direction

That and its no-worse calling it "revolutionary" than PS fans hyping Blue-Ray

Edited by kumquatq3

Ok, um, enjoy spending 600 bucks for.....a motion sensitive controller.....and MGS4

Right, because that's all the Playstation is right? Metal Gear Solid!

Exclusive content 360 won't likely get near the same time? Almost.

It's why every one is saying you should just buy a 360 and Wii instead of a PS3

Edited by kumquatq3

It's more than that, because the Playstation 3 is not a toy. It's a not a gaming machine either, and we're never said it was. It's a Playstation 3. Hopefully, if you understand that, you'll buy one too!

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

It's more than that, because the Playstation 3 is not a toy. It's a not a gaming machine either, and we're never said it was. It's a Playstation 3. Hopefully, if you understand that, you'll buy one too!

All I know is that the Blu Ray will flip me over and attack my weak spot for massive damage

Ok, um, enjoy spending 600 bucks for.....a motion sensitive controller.....and MGS4

Right, because that's all the Playstation is right? Metal Gear Solid!

Exclusive content 360 won't likely get near the same time? Almost.

It's why every one is saying you should just buy a 360 and Wii instead of a PS3

Not sure what you are saying.

I have said this before, but... There is a world of different between the games that both consoles provide (literally).

All I know is that the Blu Ray will flip me over and attack my weak spot for massive damage

Massave Damage w00t!

Not sure what you are saying. 

I have said this before, but...  There is a world of different between the games that both consoles provide (literally).

I'm not seeing it.

Ok, the "likely" exclusive big PS3 games are what? MG4, 99knights and the new Grand Turismo?

A 10 minute demo of Grand Turismo almost put the audience to sleep.

Assasins Creed will likely grace the 360 and now GTA will at launch as well.

Not sure what your seeing that I'm not. Especially because I can get a Wii and 360 for the price of a PS3. In fact, I plan on reserving a PS3 so I can sell it on Ebay to buy a Wii and maybe a 360 and have cash left over.

Edited by kumquatq3

I don't know which console I will buy, if any, but it will not be the PS3. Folks here probably can't convince me to buy one or the other, but they've convinced me to give Sony the finger. Really, these are actual quotes. These Sony folks have actually said this stuff. Good Lord.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

I'm not seeing it.

All you have to do is look at the PS2 and Xbox.

PS2

Xbox

No, don't look at the numbers or the scores... just look at the amount of different content.

The Playstation obviously caters to a different group of people.

Edited by Haitoku

I'm not seeing it.

All you have to do is look at the PS2 and Xbox.

I think that's where we differ. I think Sony went down a new road that devolpers seem somewhat reluctant to follow.

I see Microsoft getting those treasured 3rd party titles too. GTA, The new Resident Evil, and likely Assasins Creed will all be on the 360 and you can play them for much less (with a rumble pack!).

Unless your a HUGE Final Fantasy fan (god help Sony if MS gets that too) I just don't see the justification.

Especially when you can play Mario, Zelda, GTA, RE4, etc all for the cost of a PS3.

I wonder how games like Disgaea would fare, what with their 2d and the 'quality threshold' imposed by HD gaming, as pointed out by SNK. It'd suck if everyone'd just have to end up doing photorealistic crap just to properly represent the awesome console brand names.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

Yep.

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast