What are you playing now...

Darque

Dungeon Siege 2.

Damn; I want that X-Pack now :-

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

At any rate, I still have that wonkiness with FEAR.  I don't everytime, but if I play it and quit, I can expect it somewhere along the line.  City of Heroes doesn't have a problem.

FEAR has all sorts of weird issues, though.  For example, sometimes I get an error message saying that the game either cannot find or authenticate the orginal CD.  Whatever the hell that means.

If it takes a while (half-an-hour from boot) to crash, and when you restart the game straight away, there is no problem for a similar amount of time, then it is probably driver-related. Otherewise, it is probably temperature-governed.

NVidia have some weird FEAR driver issues, I was reading, like it is the only game that has a working profile for Quad-SLI (that is faster than ordinary SLI), so I wouldn't be surprised if their drivers are a little wonky at the moment.

Still, there shouldn't be issues with the DVD ... you might want to try the "no-CD" crack, or copy the entire DVD to a new partition in your harddrive ...

Actually, the game runs without a hitch. I've played it hours at a time without problem. However, when I exit the game, the vast majority of the time, the screen flickers and windows doesn't respond properly.

I mean, my FPS don't even dip during game play or anything. Then, when I quit, everything goes haywire. The one time it didn't, City of Heroes started doing the same thing.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

"I only want ze bounty!"

=]

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Heh, I really liked the original WC3 game, but I uninstalled the Frozen Throne expansion before finishing the tutorial (because I hated it so much).

Also playing the original Tomb Raider on the PSone ... currently enjoying the Colosseum level.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

My main gripe with WC3 and Frozen Throne is that they seem to focus too much on heroes. :ermm: It's all about heroes in that game. If you lose your hero, you pretty much lose the backbone of your army. Too much emphasis on a single unit I think kind of defeats the purpose of "strategy".

I think that's consistent with the setting. In Ancient warfare, if an army lost its strongman, it often fell into disarray and defeat was almost assured. Getting to the point where the leader of the army was killed usually implied that things weren't going all that well, to begin with.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

My main gripe with WC3 and Frozen Throne is that they seem to focus too much on heroes.  :ermm:  It's all about heroes in that game.  If you lose your hero, you pretty much lose the backbone of your army.  Too much emphasis on a single unit I think kind of defeats the purpose of "strategy".

See, I like the Heroes. It gives the opportunity to add story and RPG elements to the RTS genre, which needed something new when Heroes showed up in our RTSs. Although I still can't enjoy RTSs the way most gamers seem to, Heroes were a good way to refresh the genre. IMHO.

:huh:

I've added DOOM 3 to my FEAR experience and now I'm afraid my video card sucks. Of course, these things happen. Wish it didn't with $500 video card purchases, but someone must take the plunge so others can learn.

So, you are or are not suggesting Savoir Faire, Nartwak? I could use a break from graphics whoring shooters for awhile.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Because it's a toy. If you consider the PlayStation 3 a toy, then yes, it is an expensive toy. However, it is more than a toy. It is a PlayStation 3. And it is the only PlayStation 3. I hope that those who understand this will gladly purchase it.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

I just killed the Deku tree, but yes, I'm getting definite LTTP vibes here. The 3d part is quite (relatively) well-implemented. That doesn't mean 3d console camera control doesn't suck.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

Because it's a toy. If you consider the PlayStation 3 a toy, then yes, it is an expensive toy. However, it is more than a toy. It is a PlayStation 3. And it is the only PlayStation 3. I hope that those who understand this will gladly purchase it.
Uh... are you trying to use the Chewbacca Defense against me? :luck:

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.