What are you playing now...

Darque

Good luck...

You'll need it (that is IF you gonna watch it)

R.I.P. :devil:

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Well, browsers and paint aren't exactly monster memory hogs to run in the background :thumbsup:

That's true, but my experience is that IE can drive up the temperature a degree or two.

At any rate, I still have that wonkiness with FEAR. I don't everytime, but if I play it and quit, I can expect it somewhere along the line. City of Heroes doesn't have a problem.

FEAR has all sorts of weird issues, though. For example, sometimes I get an error message saying that the game either cannot find or authenticate the orginal CD. Whatever the hell that means.

I've been playing it again anyhow. I'm playing with my only reloads on dying. I'm actually doing better than I thought. I'm halfway through Interval 05 and I've only had one really tough area. Other than a few reloads there, I've basically been going through pretty easily. I think I'll install HL2 and see how it works. FEAR still isn't scary for me, but the battles are entertaining and I'm enjoying the game more this time around than the first run.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Halo 2. ^_^

And that's the prettiest floor and wall texture with the silhouette of a shotgun I've ever seen, Eldar.

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

Well, browsers and paint aren't exactly monster memory hogs to run in the background :blink:

That's true, but my experience is that IE can drive up the temperature a degree or two.

At any rate, I still have that wonkiness with FEAR. I don't everytime, but if I play it and quit, I can expect it somewhere along the line. City of Heroes doesn't have a problem.

FEAR has all sorts of weird issues, though. For example, sometimes I get an error message saying that the game either cannot find or authenticate the orginal CD. Whatever the hell that means.

I've been playing it again anyhow. I'm playing with my only reloads on dying. I'm actually doing better than I thought. I'm halfway through Interval 05 and I've only had one really tough area. Other than a few reloads there, I've basically been going through pretty easily. I think I'll install HL2 and see how it works. FEAR still isn't scary for me, but the battles are entertaining and I'm enjoying the game more this time around than the first run.

I didn't find it "scary," but rather "creepy/bizarre." I did enjoy it. Ravenholm has it beat though :)

Hehe, yup.

I'm scared to go play it :blink:

Of course, Nova Prospekt is shortly afterwards, which is also one of my all time favourite levels in a game.

Edited by alanschu

At any rate, I still have that wonkiness with FEAR.  I don't everytime, but if I play it and quit, I can expect it somewhere along the line.  City of Heroes doesn't have a problem.

FEAR has all sorts of weird issues, though.  For example, sometimes I get an error message saying that the game either cannot find or authenticate the orginal CD.  Whatever the hell that means.

If it takes a while (half-an-hour from boot) to crash, and when you restart the game straight away, there is no problem for a similar amount of time, then it is probably driver-related. Otherewise, it is probably temperature-governed.

NVidia have some weird FEAR driver issues, I was reading, like it is the only game that has a working profile for Quad-SLI (that is faster than ordinary SLI), so I wouldn't be surprised if their drivers are a little wonky at the moment.

Still, there shouldn't be issues with the DVD ... you might want to try the "no-CD" crack, or copy the entire DVD to a new partition in your harddrive ...

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Ravenholm was scary the first time.

After that I could go through the level armed with only Dog's ball. :D It's set to annihilate anything non-combine and with enough enough time and and momentum gained from rolling down stairs and hills it can kill everything. Headcrabs get rolled over, normal bombies stumble when the ball hits their legs and fast screechy bombies die when the ball hits them to the crab-part. I just avoided killing the throwerbombies, they take so much time and effor to kill.

ka-THUD

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

You kept dog's ball?

I never thought about that hahaha.

I kill the thrower zombie guys with big giant tanks of flammable substance. Sometimes the odd submachine gun grenade (since I rarely use that it seems).

See, I was purposely trying to get through 'Holm only using ball. I can practically dance through the zombie hordes unscathed and kill everything there with the ball, but there's a point where throwing it ten dozen times just to get one of the throwers dead starts to feel a bit boring. That's why I avoided them. My aim was to have fun. ;)

Good luck getting the ball to Ravenholm, the ladders are a bitch to navigate with it. Yeah, and avoid fire. The ball soon explodes if it comes to contact with it. Otherwise it's nigh indestructible and can kill anything with enough forward momentum, thanks to Havok physics. The ball also largely ignores you if there's other beings present, so you can leave it on it's own for a while and it will hunt the enemies. It's like having a partner. The thing also comes back to you after everything else is dead, because it wants to muder you. Of course, without the electric spikes other balls have it can't do much to you.

I love the lil' bugger. :p

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

Highway 17 is my fav level after Anticitizen One and Nova Prospekt.

kirottu said:

Nova Prospekt is my favourite. Anticitizen One is also a ton of fun.

Good choices :p

My favourite all time Half-Life level is probably We've Got Hostiles. Considering I knew nothing about the game, my first encounter with the marines was jaw dropping.

I've only played the first one till On Rails. That level was oh-so-boring and I soon stopped my playthrough, but the game was decent fun till that point. Played it much later than HL2 though. Just like I played Max Payne after the sequel. :p

I'm eager for the Black Mesa total conversion and have yet to finish HL1 in fear of killing my interest for the mod. I want to see how they have changed Blast Pit(my favorite level), because I read about them diversifying the objectives of that level greatly on an interview. Not just fuel, air and water now. ;)

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:

I imagine Half-Life after Half-Life 2 just doesn't cut it. There's a lot more slower parts I find in Half-Life. The pacing of Half-Life 2 is a bit better IMO.

Half-Life seemed to follow a relatively formulaic pattern of

Level with Zombies/Headcrabs/Xen creatures

Level with Marines

Level with Zombies/Headcrabs/Xen creatures

Level with Marines

etc.

Though it was neat the way it was done, as it meant a change in pace. At the time I really loved it (and still do, since I have a soft spot for the game...it's also the one that brought me back into PC gaming). The Xen levels were typically spooky, with appropriate ambient noise and so on. The Marine levels were a much faster pace, with heavy guitar riffs for the music (Lambda Core totally made We've Got Hostiles. Going up the elevator, just after your first encounter with a Marine, and listening to it wind up and get going right when you reached your stop was perfect). Definitely much more action.

I'd suggest you try to get past On a Rail. It does pick up a bit more there. Though the ending is a bit weak.

Sadly after my defending Atari for pulling the plug on NWN, I am playing the NWN OC right now. I

Life is like a clam. Years of filtering crap then some bastard cracks you open and scrapes you into its damned mouth, end of story.

- Steven Erikson

Hitman: Blood Money demo.

It ctds sometimes.

kirottu said: