NWN2 only 20 hours long?

Meshugger

So if I ever find a game-stopping glitch in a game it was because the creators explicitely wanted it in there. I will keep that in mind with the gamestopping glitches BIS/OE put in PS:T and Kotor2...

Ofcourse OE intended that we should never leave Onderon Palace if we said the wrong thing... silly me with my glitch/bugreport about that...

Uh... what?

Read posts, THEN respond. Really, it will help. I swear.

Poor design is not a bug.

A bug prevents something from working as it was intended or designed.

Oblivion spoilers for SS in this occassion

Quest: Order of the Virtious Blood

Quest-stopping: If you kill Seridur and then Roland the game sends you back to Seridur to get your reward. Ofcourse he is dead and nowhere to be found. The quest will never leave your journal thus

Would you as Beta-tester at Bethesda try to fix such things or keep them in masquerading it in a "bad design" mantle?

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Ofcourse not, since it is DESIGN. Cannot alter that pinacle of Developer showing their uber-l33t skills in making inproper programmed quest that can result in a game-stopping glitch...

EDIT: Not my opinion...but apparently the opinion of the "insiders"

Edited by Hassat Hunter

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

No. He "shouldn't" do anything. He has more important things to do then talk with this rabble. He owes us *nothing*.

I don't think the issue here is wether Feargus is bound to speak with the peeps at the forum, rather it's more of professional conduct that is expect from a man at his position.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Poor design is not a bug.

A bug prevents something from working as it was intended or designed.

Oblivion spoilers for SS in this occassion

Quest: Order of the Virtious Blood

Quest-stopping: If you kill Seridur and then Roland the game sends you back to Seridur to get your reward. Ofcourse he is dead and nowhere to be found. The quest will never leave your journal thus

Would you as Beta-tester at Bethesda try to fix such things or keep them in masquerading it in a "bad design" mantle?

I'm beginning to think you don't even read what you type.

That's a bug. It isn't as designed. There should be a quest update after you kill them both saying that the quest is lost forever.

Next fallacious and absurd arguement?

I'm beginning to think you don't even read what you type.

That's a bug.  It isn't as designed.  There should be a quest update after you kill them both saying that the quest is lost forever.

Next fallacious and absurd arguement?

I read my posts... and read yours. If I state that due to design decision you can miss a critical item/trigger at a certain point getting you stuck in the plot I call it "bug" but you guys keep calling it "design decision"...

And now something was bogused and it is suddenly a "bug"... where IS the difference between "bug" and "design decision" with you guys? As I cannot find the place where they seperate...

If Alanschu tells me that the printshop closing in PS:T while you needed it for the main quest was "bad design" I disagree... anything that prevents continuation of the Main Plot is clearly an issue... also known as *bug*, as I clearly DO NOT BELIEVE that was intended at...

Edited by Hassat Hunter

^

"Typoes are bugs!" - Battlewookiee (slightly paraphrased)

Slighty paraphrased? How about FORGED! I never even mentioned typo's... never notice them in a game nor being bothered by them... what DOES bother me is unfinishable quests/gamebreaking bugs/exploits and heavy graphical issues/CTD's

If you threw away the Amulet of Kings, then later on tried to continue the main story but forgot which orifice you stuck it in, is it a bug? Would it even be bad design?

Hypotethical, no (seeing as you cannot drop the thing)?

Edited by Hassat Hunter

^

If you threw away the Amulet of Kings, then later on tried to continue the main story but forgot which orifice you stuck it in, is it a bug? Would it even be bad design?

Neither. That would be a STUPID MOVE OF THE PLAYER. :wub:

Check and mate, or bug?

Is it really the devs' job to make sure their players aren't complete morons?

Now, even cooler would have been if doing so would have triggered another branch in the story, where you eventually find out someone picked it up, and you have to hunt it down or something.

Edited by Llyranor

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

No. He "shouldn't" do anything. He has more important things to do then talk with this rabble. He owes us *nothing*.

I don't think the issue here is wether Feargus is bound to speak with the peeps at the forum, rather it's more of professional conduct that is expect from a man at his position.

Feargus is bound to do what's best for his shareholders. I don't believe he is "bound" to tell us anything. However, there will be a point when the questions reach critical mass and he'll be compelled to respond. Gromnir is right about that. We might be the unwashed masses, but if there's enough of an uproar, the unwashed can make quite a stink.

Now, I'm not advocating making an uproar. I've already said I'm buying the game, so it's not as if I'm talking about boycotting anything. Hell, I'm clearly not even threatening my own particular purchase. Still, when the head of the company makes a statement, he should try to make one that answers more questions than it creates. *shrug* For Feargus, when any answer he gives will probably lead to more headaches, it's probably better to remain silent and let his men in the trenches deal with the low level flame fest we have here. Personally, I think it's despicable, but I'm undoubtedly the most dirty of the unwashed masses, beneath even contempt.

Vol's right, he doesn't owe anything to us. Still doesn't mean he wouldn't be much more of a stand-up guy if he could substantiate or refute these comments. Maybe cast just a little light on them.

On the other hand, it's only been a couple of days. Maybe he does plan on shedding more light on the situation, but he's waiting for better information or more clarity on his end. If that's the case, we can certainly forgive Feargus for taking a little time. After all, the game isn't heading to the shelves until... what? September? Since that's the case, let's give him the benefit of the doubt. After all, if he makes a more defitive statement in a couple of weeks, most reasonable people will forgive him. Unreasonable people are certainly outside of the calculation.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

It'd be a bug if the printshop never opened up, ever again.

If you needed to be there. And that was exactly what happened in PS:T. With me (like said) 5 hours before I ever needed to go there for the first time for any quest...

All issues are not bugs.  Not sure why I bother to continue discussing it with you, as you're clearly beyond reason.

Not saying that that is, but if a quest (may it be secondary or primary) is unfinishable because the devs didn't take into notice one person may get there without item/event X while needed and that item/event cannot be regained/retriggered I damn well call it a bug...

Incomplete endings.  :wub:"

That's what I would call a "bad design"...

You can finish it though, thus it ain't bugged...

Another example of bad design would be the leveling system of Oblivion. It ain't broke (thus glitches/bugged) but just bad...

Edited by Hassat Hunter

^

"Typoes are bugs!" - Battlewookiee (slightly paraphrased)

Slighty paraphrased? How about FORGED! I never even mentioned typo's... never notice them in a game nor being bothered by them... what DOES bother me is unfinishable quests/gamebreaking bugs/exploits and heavy graphical issues/CTD's

Not forged at all. Your posts clearly indicate that you believe typoes are bugs.

Neither. That would be a STUPID MOVE OF THE PLAYER. :wub:

Check and mate, or bug?

Is it really the devs' job to make sure their players aren't complete morons?

Now, even cooler would have been if doing so would have triggered another branch in the story, where you eventually find out someone picked it up, and you have to hunt it down or something.

Well, it's understandable and not bad design if the player exhibits an abnormal level of stupidity...since it's obvious the Amulet of Kings is needed to further the story. It's bad design if the item in question isn't obviously required later on.

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast