Project Gray Company

funcroc

Hades is smart for having convictions and trying to stand by them, as well as acknowledging them in public. If more people did that rather than jumping at the opportunity to fling some cash out of their wallet when the newest piece of crap comes down the pipeline, games would be a hell of a lot better than they are now. Get off his back.

If you need a recent example of how actually being a bit discerning and exercising some self-restraint in your purchases can help the industry, just look at Ubisoft's recent decision to stop using StarForce in their games.

That thing destroyed my old processor. :)

And hey, I liked WC:Prophecy...one of my favorites, actually. Though the acting was sorta not...good.

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

Hades is smart for having convictions and trying to stand by them, as well as acknowledging them in public.  If more people did that rather than jumping at the opportunity to fling some cash out of their wallet when the newest piece of crap comes down the pipeline, games would be a hell of a lot better than they are now.  Get off his back.

That's not what he's doing. He's boycotting for the sake of boycotting. I was never talking about buying the newest piece of crap. If EA releases an excellent game, then he should buy it. Because games would be a hell of a lot better than they are now.

If you need a recent example of how actually being a bit discerning and exercising some self-restraint in your purchases can help the industry, just look at Ubisoft's recent decision to stop using StarForce in their games.

This likely has just as much (if not more) to do with the complete cluster**** StarForce did by sharing a bittorrent of a game that did not have Starforce protection on their forums. That bit of news actually made print newspapers.

This likely has just as much (if not more) to do with the complete cluster**** StarForce did by sharing a bittorrent of a game that did not have Starforce protection on their forums.  That bit of news actually made print newspapers.

:rolleyes: they really shot themselves in both feet over that didn't they?

Edited by Darque

"Hades is smart for having convictions and trying to stand by them"

The problem is that he doesn't stand by them. After NWN, he claimed he would never buy another BIO game. Guess what? That was balony as he went out and bought an x-box just to play JE.

Heck, he bashes NWN non stop yet he's played the OC 3+ times. That's more times than me! LOLOLOLLIPOP

He also claimed he'd never buy a Troika game after TOEE then went out and bought BL.

The list goes on.

Anyway, as far as the actual topic goes, EA is awesome. They make the best sports games ever (barring a few stinkersala the NBA franchise of the past few years and NHL 2006). As for this jab at a RPG, we shall see...

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

He also claimed he'd never buy a Troika game after TOEE then went out and bought BL.

Actually I said that I would buy Bloodlines when it hit the bargin bins which I did.

That is because Bloodlines is a kick ass game, yes? The final swan song for the great Troika.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.