Revan's fate...

Guest The Architect

What do you think has happened to Revan?  

79 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think has happened to Revan?

• Revan is dead, he/she has been killed by the 'True Sith...
    • Revan has been captured by the 'True Sith'...
    • Revan still has not discovered the 'True Sith' and is still looking for clues concerning there whereabouts...
    • Revan's ship was attacked in the unknown regions causing his/her ship to crashland on an unknown planet in the unknown regions, resulting in Revan being stuck/stranded in the unknown regions...
    • Revan is single handedly trying to destroy the 'True Sith' for his/her own reasons either battling them face to face or sort of as an assassin, picking as many of them off as possible whilst remaining undetected...
    • Revan has discovered the 'True Sith' and is simply spying on them and trying to obtain information concerning what there plans are, etc...
    • If you set Revan as LS in KOTOR III perhaps Revan fell to the DS once again and has started a civil war between the 'True Sith', gathering his/her own followers in an attempt to become the Dark Lord of the True Sith and overthrow the current Dark Lord
    • If you set Revan as DS n KOTOR III perhaps Revan has started a civil war between the 'True Sith', gathering his/her own followers in an attempt to become the Dark Lord of the True Sith and overthrow the current Dark Lord
    • None of the above. If you have any other suggestions, please clarify,

I sure hope revan didnt lose his mind... that would be weird an a little lame... for me anyways.

No doubt. And I also agree with the Architect and Jediphile that DS Revan shouldn't be redeemable. Another thing I am just thinking about right now is that both LS and DS Revan could have one common goal in their mind which is to wipe out the True Sith Empire. Would there be any possibility that whatever Revans alignment is, the outcome would essentially be the same? I don't know one so far but perhaps someone did.

Master Vandar lives!

I sure hope revan didnt lose his mind... that would be weird an a little lame... for me anyways.

No doubt. And I also agree with the Architect and Jediphile that DS Revan shouldn't be redeemable. Another thing I am just thinking about right now is that both LS and DS Revan could have one common goal in their mind which is to wipe out the True Sith Empire. Would there be any possibility that whatever Revans alignment is, the outcome would essentially be the same? I don't know one so far but perhaps someone did.

It seems to me that this was always a secret goal in K2.

I mean, K1 ends with very different endings. Either Revan saves the republic, saves the jedi order, saves the galaxy as we know it (again...), and generally defeats evil. Or he destroys the last defenses of the republic, kills all his enemies, seizes ultimate power, and claims the title of dark lord once and for all. We may not seem him conquer the republic, but it scarcely matters, since none can stand in his way now. But since K1 was a self-contained game with no succeeding history to consider, this doesn't matter.

Only then something happened. K1 was a huge success. So much so that a sequel became inevitable. Which that the writers now have a problem, because how do you reconcile those *very* different endings of K1 in a way that makes any kind of sense?

Well, the only way you can do that is to 'retcon' things a bit... You actually didn't *SEE* DS Revan conquer the republic in the ending of K1, so you can make new assumptions there. Perhaps evil Revan didn't conquer the galaxy. But that still doesn't solve the whole problem - how do you reconcile the very different Revans (LS or DS) of K1? After all, write a game that approaches both possibilities to a massive degree will make it a programming nightmare... So what's the solution?

Well, you create a common enemy that both LS and DS Revan would both have to fight for various reasons.

Enter the true Sith... :thumbsup:

what you just said = the perfect plot

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Yes, we would surely fight the true sith. The big question is, what would Revan do. Is he/she regardless of alignment destined to be the 'leader' of the republic. Will he/she defend this "thing" called the republic from the true sith for whatever his/her intention?

To me, it would make every kind of sense. And if we are to play Kotor III as a new character which I and most others no doubt prefer you could end up siding with either the true Sith or Revan and maybe his/her old general, the Exile.

It does open a new way of writing an easier to build storyline for our "Fathers" :D, the Game Developers.

Master Vandar lives!

Well, my plot had you gathering allies along the way and ending up finding both the Exile and later Revan. However, they were both DS because they began a civil war among the true Sith, and you would have to either redeem them (if they were LS in the previous games) or else to kill them. If Revan is DS, then he has succeeded and become the new dark lord of the true Sith, and you must destroy him.

The LS version had you redeem both Revan and Exile, so they could join your own ranks, and in the final battle you would then split your party in a way similar to how you did in K2 on Onderon and Dxun, only it would be split in three with Revan, the Exile, and the new character each leading a team in the final battle to save the republic from the true Sith when they made a preemptive attack on Coruscant itself.

In my verison of Kotor 3, One of the lines is," The Past is meaningless without the Present, the Present is meaningless without the Future. It is what we do today is what matters the most. Future will come in time. For the future becomes the present and the present the past. For Everything interconnect, Life and death, Past and Future, Energy and Matter. Once you know this and you will understand the force and using it is a part of the art of critical moments."

As much As LS Revan is LS, So is DS Revan is DS. But they are still interconnected to each other.

I must admit i have difficulty accepting the whole notion DS everybody has to have the end goal of conquest and domination. i realize the black & white view of LS/DS traditionally held in SW does mean Jedi or Sith. However, when i think of reality, i see there are plenty of people who are DS as in not good people, but they still hold certain categorically LS values dear. They can be nasty buggers, but still care about people and beliefs outside of themselves (or how they can be best manipulated). i would see a DS Revan more in that light than in the mindless minion to the DS who needs to become The True Sith Lord way. i think this story arc in particular should end with Revan, and not go on to being about taking on the next whoever it is that slew Revan and went on to become the next Sith Lord. To me, the very title of the games, Knights of the Old Republic (in case you didn't know :shifty: ), would end nicely with Revan saving the galaxy from the Sith, even if Revan is DS. The first game was about Revan's new self, shaped by the people s/he met during those events. That grew into being about Revan's new self being forced to confront her/his past as a dark lord through her/his companions as well. Then came Revan's connecting to the past and to what path Revan would begin to walk. But for LS and DS, Revan decided leaving is best. It is obvious why LS Revan would go off to defend the Republic, but it is more difficult to see why DS Revan would. But that is where KotOR II becomes pivotal. With the insight Kreia offers about Revan's intentions, it is possible saving the Republic is what Revan intends to do so still. S/he is just gonna go about it the only way s/he knows how: DS.

And now to explain how a DS Revan can be "redeemed". It is simple enough; through reconnecting with the bits that mattered to her/him during KotOR. Be it Carth or Bastila, or some other sort of potent personal reminder of what Revan as a Jedi had decided to fight for before joining the Mandalorian wars and what was re-learned, even if refused, during KotOR.

When Carth, way back in KotOR, spoke of what he thinks the DS is: in essence something that is always lurking in the shadows waiting for an opportunity to corrupt Jedi, that was a rather significant insight. There is a different meaning to it when a "mundane" sees that in a Jedi. And i think a connection of that sort would be able to help pull Revan back, and if not to the LS, than at least to let go of the conquest fixation. Exile drew her/his power from being able to cut her/himself off from the Force, and could steer clear of that whole issue for a decade. Revan didn't have that ability, but Revan, if what Kreia said about Revan not falling but rather sacrificing is true, could have a different strength, that Revan has a chance to hold onto some of her/himself even when in the depths of the DS. But that is just a theory that ties in the disparate DS/LS fighting for the same goal issue and eliminates the need for yet another overlord to take Revan's place.

Guest The Architect
Well, my plot had you gathering allies along the way and ending up finding both the Exile and later Revan. However, they were both DS because they began a civil war among the true Sith, and you would have to either redeem them (if they were LS in the previous games) or else to kill them. If Revan is DS, then he has succeeded and become the new dark lord of the true Sith, and you must destroy him.

The LS version had you redeem both Revan and Exile, so they could join your own ranks, and in the final battle you would then split your party in a way similar to how you did in K2 on Onderon and Dxun, only it would be split in three with Revan, the Exile, and the new character each leading a team in the final battle to save the republic from the true Sith when they made a preemptive attack on Coruscant itself.

Hey Jediphile we both have the same 'point of view' in how K3 should be made, etc and we agree that DS Revsn shouldn't be redeemable but I was thinking because you can't redeem a DS Revan why do we have to kill him/her? If your character was a true LS'der then he/she might spare Revan and place him/her under arrest on behalf of the Galactic Senate. I say we should have two options when it comes to a DS 'unredeemable' Revan in K3 and that is either to kill Revan or place Revan under arrest, I suppose it really comes down to the main character's personality, methods and intentions doesn't it? But just because DS Revan isn't 'redeemable', doesn't mean we have to kill him/her right? Don't you think the option of sparing Revan and placing Revan under arrest is a good one?

Edited by The Architect

Hey Jediphile we both have the same 'point of view' in how K3 should be made, etc and we agree that DS Revsn shouldn't be redeemable but I was thinking because you can't redeem a DS Revan why do we have to kill him/her? If your character was a true LS'der then he/she might spare Revan and place him/her under arrest on behalf of the Galactic Senate. I say we should have two options when it comes to a DS 'unredeemable' Revan in K3 and that is either to kill Revan or place Revan under arrest, I suppose it really comes down to the main character's personality, methods and intentions doesn't it? But just because DS Revan isn't 'redeemable', doesn't mean we have to kill him/her right? Don't you think the option of sparing Revan and placing Revan under arrest is a good one?

Short version: "He's too dangerous to be left alive!!" o:)

Long version: I guess I just worry that people will want to capture Revan because they don't like the idea of killing an old favorite character, but my position is that if Revan is evil, then you really should have no choice - he's a powerful force for evil, and he will only cause trouble in the long run. So in the LS version, you must kill DS Revan to save the republic, while in the DS version, you have to kill DS Revan because he's too much of a threat to your own power. I want Revan's LS/DS choice to mean something, and if you can just capture him, then you take that away, because it's another way of saying "I'll capture him now so that I can redeem him later" IMHO. That's just running from the sort of hard choice that Revan was prepared to accept. So bite the bullet and kill him off once and for all.

Guest The Architect
Short version: "He's too dangerous to be left alive!!"  :-

Long version: I guess I just worry that people will want to capture Revan because they don't like the idea of killing an old favorite character, but my position is that if Revan is evil, then you really should have no choice - he's a powerful force for evil, and he will only cause trouble in the long run. So in the LS version, you must kill DS Revan to save the republic, while in the DS version, you have to kill DS Revan because he's too much of a threat to your own power. I want Revan's LS/DS choice to mean something, and if you can just capture him, then you take that away, because it's another way of saying "I'll capture him now so that I can redeem him later" IMHO. That's just running from the sort of hard choice that Revan was prepared to accept. So bite the bullet and kill him off once and for all.

Yeah I see what your getting at. I was beginning to think that way too, that they wouldn't just keep Revan prisoner, they'll probably redeem him/her so if you set Revan as DS then Revan has to die.

What about the Exile then? I reckon if you set the Exile as DS then he/she shouldn't be 'redeemable' so would the Exile have to die too? I suppose so. But now I've got a new idea.

Okay, just say you set Revan as DS which makes Revan 'unredeemable' which means you have to kill Revan. Well since you don't have a choice of sparing Revan, I thought of a new idea, what if you wanted to control Revan in a final battle against your main character that would decide the fate of the galaxy? You'd have a choice near the end to go Revan or stay as your main character.

Note that in my K3 plot in development which I have all planned out Revan and the Exile as well as your main character are going to stick around right until the final planet, or end game-level. Giving the player a choice on who is triumphant would be a good idea IMO, I think it could be pulled off, in fact, my plot is designed that way, in time you will see when I've eventually completed it, I won't be posting it on the forums but when I'm done, I'll come on here and mention it and anyone who's interested in having a read can just PM me if they want to.

Guest The Architect

It's good to see that every choice in my poll has at least one vote so far. It's no surprise though who the leaders of this poll are.

Ignoring the last three posts of this topic Meshugger made a post in the Kotor III suggestions thread which described an ending in which Revan destroyed a space station in which you were either on board the station (DS) and apprentice of the new Dark lord or you were on board for a time (LS), then fled the station. Revan waited for you and then destroyed the station as well from orbit.

It does make some sense I guess allthough it isn't that much fun of course that in the DS ending, you are not going to win (you just escape in one of the famous escape pods).

There are a lot of possibilities of course to deal with Revan and the Exile. What should be done? I'll try to come up with some good ending as well. But mentioning that you have to kill a DS Revan? Yeah, in my previous story it worked that way too. Although, yes in that attempt you could also become Revan's apprentice.

Master Vandar lives!

Revan is not all powerful. Even one on one a lesser opponent could win. This is true with many forms of combat from swords to planes. Obi-Wan wasn't as fast as Anakin, but he won because he was smarter. Figthing Revan one on one would be fine. However I'd only like that option if the new character had some good backstory or reason for being strong.

he is as powerful as you let him be.

I am of the opinion even Exar Kun is more powerful than Revan.

Yes you heard from a REVAN FANBOY's opinion about Revan's power.

EXAR KUN IS MORE POWERFUL THAN REVAN.

And we all know what happen to Exar Kun at the end of the Jedi Academy Trilogy.

Edited by DeathScepter

There is another thing about Exar Kun being more powerful when you go to the Yavin space station in Kotor I and ask Suvam about Exar Kun. I don't remember exactly what he said but I know he told that Exar was one to be very scared of and when Revan stood in front of him he even asked if you were a Jedi. Now, I know Suvam isn't a Jedi himself but I think it does explain something. Also, note how difficult it is as Revan to kill Malak as a Jedi consular.

Master Vandar lives!

There is another thing about Exar Kun being more powerful when you go to the Yavin space station in Kotor I and ask Suvam about Exar Kun. I don't remember exactly what he said but I know he told that Exar was one to be very scared of and when Revan stood in front of him he even asked if you were a Jedi. Now, I know Suvam isn't a Jedi himself but I think it does explain something. Also, note how difficult it is as Revan to kill Malak as a Jedi consular.

Not sure I get your point here. It sounds like you're suggesting Revan met Exar Kun, which I doubt - The Great Sith War, which ended with Exar Kun "lost"

i.e., trapped in the ruins of Yavin IV

ended more than thirty years before the Mandalorian Wars began, and Revan doesn't seem that old to me.

Not sure I get your point here. It sounds like you're suggesting Revan met Exar Kun, which I doubt - The Great Sith War, which ended with Exar Kun "lost"

i.e., trapped in the ruins of Yavin IV

ended more than thirty years before the Mandalorian Wars began, and Revan doesn't seem that old to me.

No, I didn't actually suggest that. Sorry that it isn't so clear. I was commenting on Suvam on the Yavin space station telling about Exar Kun being one of the worst Dark lords. You could say (as Revan) then you are the Jedi councils only hope and things like that but Suvam wasn't so impressed which to me says that Revan isn't as strong as Exar Kun.

Master Vandar lives!

Guest The Architect

Who cares if Exar Kun is more powerful than Revan or not? Sorry folks, but it's no big deal. Unless there is supposed to be a point to all of this.

Suvam didn't care about whole war, so... No proof that Exar Kun is stronger

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Guest The Architect

I don't follow any of the EU comics, cartoons or books, the only Star Wars stuff I know of is the movies and the KOTOR games, but I have heard of this Exar Kun, mainly from Master Dorak from KOTOR. Now I have a question.

Master Dorak said Exar Kun like Revan and Malak led an army against the Republic and the Jedi and was eventually defeated so I was just curious, how did Exar Kun die? And no, this doesn't mean that I all of a sudden care who is more powerful out of Exar Kun and Revan since that's impossible to determine since Exar Kun didn't exist in the same timeline as Revan so they could never have fought or 'officially' been compared against each other and Revan isn't a fixed character, everything ranging from gender, alignment, appearence and class is variable with Revan buy yeah anyway, how did Exar Kun die? All Dorak says is that he was defeated so who here's gonna share the details, 'if' anyone knows at all how Exar Kun dies?

But I'm assuming there is a story about Exar Kun because I've noticed he has a lot of worshippers so there must be some official story regarding him including how he died.

Exar Kun didn't die in the traditionial sense.

At Yavin 4, he has a foothold at one of his temples.

The main reason he has a foothold there because he use the force energy from the last Bloodline Sith so he can influence the real world.

During the Jedi Academy Trilogy(Luke trying to Rebuild the Jedi Order), Exar Kun tempted a very powerful force adapt named Kyp Durron.

Exar Kun did tempted other students but those student did dies.

Exar Kun almost won but he was finally defeat by his old master, Luke, Kyp Durron and Other Jedi padawans.