Revan's fate...

Guest The Architect

What do you think has happened to Revan?  

79 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think has happened to Revan?

• Revan is dead, he/she has been killed by the 'True Sith...
    • Revan has been captured by the 'True Sith'...
    • Revan still has not discovered the 'True Sith' and is still looking for clues concerning there whereabouts...
    • Revan's ship was attacked in the unknown regions causing his/her ship to crashland on an unknown planet in the unknown regions, resulting in Revan being stuck/stranded in the unknown regions...
    • Revan is single handedly trying to destroy the 'True Sith' for his/her own reasons either battling them face to face or sort of as an assassin, picking as many of them off as possible whilst remaining undetected...
    • Revan has discovered the 'True Sith' and is simply spying on them and trying to obtain information concerning what there plans are, etc...
    • If you set Revan as LS in KOTOR III perhaps Revan fell to the DS once again and has started a civil war between the 'True Sith', gathering his/her own followers in an attempt to become the Dark Lord of the True Sith and overthrow the current Dark Lord
    • If you set Revan as DS n KOTOR III perhaps Revan has started a civil war between the 'True Sith', gathering his/her own followers in an attempt to become the Dark Lord of the True Sith and overthrow the current Dark Lord
    • None of the above. If you have any other suggestions, please clarify,

Well I am writing a legitimate way for Revan to be MUCH weaker in Kotor 3 and he does become the PC.

He gets captures and gets brutally tortured by the True Sith...

A 1,000 years of hatred will be inflicted on Revan in the little story.

Edited by DeathScepter

Oh, and Revan shouldn't be level 20. He's been out there fighting the true Sith for five years now. He should be well above level 30 if not 40! I'd leave the Exile around 30 to 35, though, since you can easily finish K2 around level 27 if not sooner.

Problem with that is , you can't have an NPC that is significantly more powerful than the PC. It's just not satisfying. It's ok at the start of a game (Ben coming along with Luke) but not at the end where it should be the PC's story.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

I doubt revan could stand a whole army of true sith... he probably is dead. for good reasons.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Oh, and Revan shouldn't be level 20. He's been out there fighting the true Sith for five years now. He should be well above level 30 if not 40! I'd leave the Exile around 30 to 35, though, since you can easily finish K2 around level 27 if not sooner.

Problem with that is , you can't have an NPC that is significantly more powerful than the PC. It's just not satisfying. It's ok at the start of a game (Ben coming along with Luke) but not at the end where it should be the PC's story.

Well, a new pc would have to start from scratch, so shouldn't Revan (and Exile) be far more powerful in any event?

And being less powerful does not mean being less important. Frodo and Sam did *not* have the experience of Aragorn or Gandalf, but they were still essential - "even the smallest person can change the course of history..." :(

Well, a new pc would have to start from scratch, so shouldn't Revan (and Exile) be far more powerful in any event?

And being less powerful does not mean being less important. Frodo and Sam did *not* have the experience of Aragorn or Gandalf, but they were still essential - "even the smallest person can change the course of history..."  :(

Which is why I really dont want either of them around in any sort of important gameplay capacity.

Ok lets assume you have read LOTR would you rather play the Frodo bits or the Gandalf Aragorn bits ? I mean I love the books. But even I find re reading Frodo's journey a chore.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

And being less powerful does not mean being less important. Frodo and Sam did *not* have the experience of Aragorn or Gandalf, but they were still essential - "even the smallest person can change the course of history..."  :(

Which is why I really dont want either of them around in any sort of important gameplay capacity.

Ok lets assume you have read LOTR would you rather play the Frodo bits or the Gandalf Aragorn bits ? I mean I love the books. But even I find re reading Frodo's journey a chore.

Sacrilege!!!!!!!!! Kill the infidel!!!!!! :x

Even if did agree with you (which I don't), my point is that you still don't need to be the major power-control-freak in the room to be the one who decides the outcome of the plot. And you can certainly be less powerful than Revan without being as weak and useless as Frodo was.

Revan is lurking in the shadows, getting ready for the next big fight against the true threat.

I don't think so - it's not Revan's style. Revan doesn't hide and lurk. No, he acts! His one defining characteristic has been how decisive and resolute he can be, even to his own peril. I really don't think Revan has just been "lurking about" for five years and counting - he just doesn't strike me as the type.

if it is a part of his masterplan, he would do that.

First and foremost, Revan is a masterplanner.

In Shadows or not, Revan is a fighter( a powerful one but not stupid but smart).

Revan can work in any environment and still win. For He endures alot in his life.

Revan is the type of person that brings the best out of people.

Like any good leader, he will bring the more useful traits out of people.

a lvl 20 Jedi is quite powerful and even the Mighty Darth Vader and Darth Sidious are that powerful.

Vader is official lvl 17 and one of them is a fringer class.

Sidious is a official lvl 20 but three of them are to noble class.

so Revan encouraged his allies to do their best and even better than their best.

Mission is a 14 year old scoundrel and at lvl 20 she can be quite deadly.

It does take one hell of a leader to make a 14 year old(regardless of species, class or gender) to fight on the level of trained killers, solider, assassin droids, jedis, and a adult wookie scout.

Edited by DeathScepter

seriously, all those who are saying "blah this, blah that, revan is an assasian revan doesnt plot hes an actor"

we have no goddamn idea, your just relating back to your character, as you played him in k1, we have no absolutefriggin idea about what, or who revan exactly would do, because its not relating back to your sort of character, and what you did, thats why its a mystery

seriously, all those who are saying "blah this, blah that, revan is an assasian revan doesnt plot hes an actor"

we have no goddamn idea, your just relating back to your character, as you played him in k1, we have no absolutefriggin idea about what, or who revan exactly would do, because its not relating back to your sort of character, and what you did, thats why its a mystery

Revan's a actor? :thumbsup:

Seriously, we can make assumptions because of what we saw in K1. Sure, we may all have played differently, but no matter how we all played, the game's plot is pretty linear. Except for Kashyyyk, you don't even have any particularly obvious LS or DS choice to make in the overall plot development until you get to Rakata Prime.

And even if we take those DS/LS options into considerations, Revan's choices are fairly decisive either way - you just don't get to take a "middle road" as a player. And that tells us something about Revan's character, be it for good or ill.

Revan's a actor? :thumbsup:

Seriously, we can make assumptions because of what we saw in K1. Sure, we may all have played differently, but no matter how we all played, the game's plot is pretty linear. Except for Kashyyyk, you don't even have any particularly obvious LS or DS choice to make in the overall plot development until you get to Rakata Prime.

And even if we take those DS/LS options into considerations, Revan's choices are fairly decisive either way - you just don't get to take a "middle road" as a player. And that tells us something about Revan's character, be it for good or ill.

yes we can make assumptions, and that is what i was getting at, but adding revan in k3 isnt the easiest thing to do, unless a few things are done:

1) the game developers can effectively tell us, and imform us on what revan was doing for those 5 odd years, and why, and so on

2) if you can have the option of playing him, or having him as a party member, we need to be able to edit him, and choose his classes, prestiges ect. so his allignment is the same to our old K1 revan (if you want that is, it would make more sence if you have played revan, and change to him) but then there is the fact, that people wont want to re-live him and go through all this again

and this is just an assumption IF revan is in kotor3, who knows what kotor3 will be about, could be from the perspective of a mandalorian in the mandalorian wars for all we know, and we dont even have confirmation on if there IS going ot be a K3

Edited by Revan_Returns

Personally I would like to see Revan dead in K3. No, -really- dead. As in became one with the Force.

As for the Exile I would like him to continue Kreia's quest to destroy the Force. I wish I (the player) could help him kill it (as a part of solving main quest), but I am no fool to expect it possible.

I agree that starting at level 1 sounds silly. I wouldn't mind not having XPing in K3 at all. Just acquiring/learning new powers and techniques on the journey that would really make a difference. Revan and Exile were unnaturally quick to gain xp because of the nature of who they were.

But obviously K3 may not even happen.

Anyone read press release on NWN 2 to feature SpeedTree RT? Usually I don't bother but here's something that caught my eye: "Obsidian Entertainment is currently working on two new titles, Star Wars

On a Comical note, I think Revan has built a beach hut on the Unknown World (The Planet from Kotor 1) and is waiting for Bastilla/Carth to come back.

On a Serious Note, I hope Revan is Alive, and is an NPC who you meet briefly in the final 3/4 of the game on an Unknown World (perhaps the True Sith Homeworld?) and sacrifices himself for either:

1) To save your life directly from a powerful boss enemy (True Sith Dark Lord?) OR

2) For a greater purpose (Like flying the Ebon Hawk into a star to cause it to explode to consume an alien fleet akin to the gigantic, weird vesel Canderous mentions in KOTOR 1)

As for the Exile, well I have no opinion for what should be done with him, as his ending is too vague in KOTOR 2, but the PC should definately be a new character, and his companions hould be new (a cameo of HK, Bastilla and Jolee would be sweet).

2) For a greater purpose (Like flying the Ebon Hawk into a star to cause it to explode to consume an alien fleet akin to the gigantic, weird vesel Canderous mentions in KOTOR

Off-topic: That was Yuuzhan Vong ship

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)