Oblivion Thread

Fenghuang

And the wizards is?

Sigh, where do you find the Heavy Armor guys then?

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Dremora Lords? I don't really notice since I play thief/mage, but then, half the "light armor" in this game look heavy.

Anyway, I am absolutely fed up with the stupid recharging business, so it's about time I used Azura's Star. That, I guess, means going back into Oblivion for the first time since Kvatch.

And the wizards is?

Sigh, where do you find the Heavy Armor guys then?

Spellswords and Sorcerers use heavy armor. :)

Anyway, I am absolutely fed up with the stupid recharging business, so it's about time I used Azura's Star. That, I guess, means going back into Oblivion for the first time since Kvatch.

Why would you need to go into Oblivion? Azura's Star is given to ya when you complete her shrine quest. Or did I misunderstand...

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

Why would you need to go into Oblivion? Azura's Star is given to ya when you complete her shrine quest. Or did I misunderstand...

You didn't misunderstand. You don't have to go into Oblivion to get Azura's Star, think goodness! I got tired of the Oblivion planes very fast because they're all so linear and boring.

Edited by Jast

Was actually wondering if I misunderstood what Tigranes had said. I already know you don't have to. :)

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

I wish I could afford a house. It costs me 2K a go to recharge my sword. It doesn't even last me through an Oblivion gate.

You know you can use soul gems[filled ones] to re-charge your magic item, right ??

they're easy to find, my 21st lvl Assassin has about 50 of them...

"If at first you don't succeed... So much for skydiving." - Henry Youngman.

You don't, I just wanted some daedra to load up the Star with. I had a LOT of recharging backed up. >_<

Had to go anyway as part of MQ, (

Bruma one

) this second sigil stone is 25 fire damage / 35 fire res, so not bad.

Finished Thieves Guild quests too, the Grey Fox ending was fairly good. The guildhall is a serious letdown, but so were the other 'aftermaths'.

The devs speak up: proudest accomplishments in Oblivion! The quotes speak for themselves.

http://rpgvault.ign.com/articles/701/701931p1.html

"I am most proud of the Havok physics."

"I worked on all non-combat and non-pathfinding AI plus gameplay. I am most proud of when an NPC does something the designers do not expect because they decide to "think" for themselves. Drives designers crazy. :wacko:"

"I think my greatest source of pride, in terms of my contribution to this game, were the times during the play-testing phase when I was able to find a really egregious bug that no one else had discovered yet."

"I'm very happy with how the lock picking turned out"

"I did odd jobs at first, and soon ended up taking over the distant level of detail system - that's the system that allows us to store and render a simplified version of the world out to incredible distances. So that's definitely what I'm most proud of"

"game balance is considered to be one of the trickiest things to do well. I succeeded beyond my hopes and expectations"

"I guess for me, my greatest personal achievement has to be the Dark Brotherhood quest line."

"The fact that we could actually pull off the Battle of Bruma, with close to 30 NPCs and creatures slugging it out in a completely unscripted real-time battle... I'm still amazed at that."

"Personally, I'm most proud of the conversation system in Oblivion. I really wanted the world to seem like it is populated by living, breathing people - like an MMO without the annoying people. Any time I hear a good conversation in the streets or in a tavern, I feel like we've gotten a little closer to that vision."

"I'd have to say that the thing that I'm the most proud of was actually one of my first assignments upon joining the team - refining the Radiant AI schedules for all of the NPCs in the world."

"My title means that I had a hand in many of the 200-plus dungeons scattered across Cyrodiil. Most of the ones I worked on are random romps without quests attached. This gave me a lot of freedom to create interest through atmosphere and gameplay. I'm proud of several of these"

"As proud as I am of my dungeon work, however, I think I'm most proud of the collaborative work I did with some of the designers to get the Highwaymen and especially the Orc Adventurers into the game. The ghost pirate cave also. I'm definitely pleased with my ghost pirate cave."

"I would have to say that the thing I am most proud of, while working on Oblivion, would be working together with Brendan Anthony to track down and solve a notorious scaling issue. Essentially, characters, both NPC and PC alike, would suddenly expand or grow to immense proportions."

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

"game balance is considered to be one of the trickiest things to do well. I succeeded beyond my hopes and expectations"

Add him. USE AN AXE.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Claymore?

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

That'll suffice. Are you against decapitation?

kirottu said:

Link me.

I doubt the mods will agree, but what the hell...

kirottu said:

You spend too much time on a certain site, Baley.

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:

And I typo too much.

kirottu said:

Yes. We have. I'm proud that we can still derail so effectively.

I meant the relevant strip, although, hell, I dunno if decapitation is one of the main themes, I've only read the mastahbaschoon epic there.

kirottu said:

It's like riding a particularly perplexing 3-wheeled bicycle while blasting Anal **** at max volume.

I don't remember decapitations, I'm sure as hell I've see quite a handful of mass face-cummings (bukkake!) and maybe a rimjob or two, but beheadings? Doesn't ring a bell.