There is a fence.

There is a BIG opening

You can easily go through the opening.

You proceed through the opening

Oblivion AI:

There is a fence.

There is a BIG opening

You can easily go through the opening.

You make pretty sure you and horse meet the fence just next to the opening!

You proceed 3 minutes trying to get your horse over the fence (good thing the AI cheats with flying horses or it would be more)

When you finnally get over the fence you turn around and go through the opening back

You let the horse walk 360 degrees circles.

Finnally, you get off and walk back to the city, leaving your horse in the middle of nowhere...

AI:

You hit a sign.

You walk around it

Oblivion AI:

You hit a sign

You moonwalk it for 2 minutes straight untill the cheating AI-defense makes the sign go "non-solid" and allows you to pass

Edited by Hassat Hunter

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

I played Oblivion for a couple of minutes at a store, on the Xbox 360. The emperor looked awful, for a while there I thought he was a woman (I didn't have sound). The character creation system seemed like a lot of fun. I felt like I could waste a lot of hours just playing around with the faces.

Also this was the first time I played a game on a console since the N64 and PSX days. I really struggled with the controls and how anyone can play an FPS with a gamepad boggles my mind. I was unimpressed by the graphics.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

What dosnt make sense is that NPCs wont yeild.

Always fun to exploit that to murder without penalty :huh:

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

I've contracted Vampirism. It stinks because there was literally no way to avoid it. I tried reloading and I always got hit when I rested, no matter where I went. The other night I even snuck in to feed on someone. I've become a monster.

Now I gotta figure out how to get rid of it.

I've contracted Vampirism.  It stinks because there was literally no way to avoid it.  I tried reloading and I always got hit when I rested, no matter where I went.  The other night I even snuck in to feed on someone.  I've become a monster.

I think if you run off to a temple before the symptoms occur you get cured(appeared to work for me at least once). But once they occur it dosnt work. Then you have to do the "cure" quest.

Running around not feeding and trying to cope with level 4 vampirism was rather fun.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

I've contracted Vampirism.  It stinks because there was literally no way to avoid it.  I tried reloading and I always got hit when I rested, no matter where I went.  The other night I even snuck in to feed on someone.  I've become a monster.

You contract the disease if you fight a vampire and get hit a few times. Afterwards you have 3 days to cure the disease before it takes hold by going to a church and praying or using a cure disease potion.

If you don't then the next time you sleep you become a vampire and have to do a cure quest to fully cure yourself.

Just because you're a bit thinner than your even fatter mum it doesn't mean you're in excellent physical shape, if you could fit through the door and view the normal people you'd notice that cheeseburger boy. Squid suck.

The weirdest AI moment was yesterday. I had a mission to liberate some rather nasty things from a dungeon guarded by humans. I sneak in and locate the cells but theres a guard there and Im not good enough at sneaking to lockpick them while sneaking so I was about to give up when the guard, after staring at a wall for 5min, suddenly goes up to a cell and unlocks it, whereupon the prisoners rush out and kill him and all the other guards in the dungeon.

WTF?!

:p:):lol::lol::lol:

I haven't came across any AI or physics issues yet.

You haven't? I think the AI is pretty broken. Playing as a thief/assassin, I've done several quests where I had to kill everyone in a particular location. I've had two people in bed in the same room and when I backstab and kill one, the second leaps up out of bed then goes straight back to sleep. I've killed people in locations while everyone else walks past the body without reaction and I've had NPC's enter a room while I was in the process of hacking someone to pieces and they calmly walk past. Put an arrow into one bandit and the one standing next to him is oblivious to his friend's death.

Contrast this with phsyic guards who come running without any possibility of having seen or heard the transgression.

hehe, i'm a vampyre, too... not sure if i don't like it however, as my dude is pretty buff.

anyway, it is annoying, the balance issues, when you're on the main quest and it is IMPOSSIBLE to get past a primary objective without 1000 deaths (clear the vampyre lair the nice lady says... sure i say, no problem). soooo, here i am vamping around, whacking everything else in sight (10th level i think) but i still can't get past the 3rd vampyre in the lair... ugh.

anyway, with a regular 6800 (uh, all pipes turned on so it's nearly a ultra), 1 GB of PC3200, an Athlon 64 3200+ and win XP pro, i'm having quite a nice ride at "high" graphics. 1024x768 though i'm unsure of all the settings... textures are large. don't really care about the rest as it looks good enough on my monitor to make it nice. i haven't seen any of the major reported bugs EXCEPT, i got the black screen once in the first part of the vampyre's lair quest. reloaded and never worried about it again.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

Good Lord, Lare. That's not the problem with taks' post. The problem is how hard it is to get past the third vampyre. It's simple, run back and forth fireblasting him. It'll be short work! :Eldar's ribbing his friend taks icon:

Seriously, I'm not for being a Vampire, but I might do that arc just to see how I like the path out of darkness theme.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Good Lord, Lare.  That's not the problem with taks' post.  The problem is how hard it is to get past the third vampyre.  It's simple, run back and forth fireblasting him.  It'll be short work!  :Eldar's ribbing his friend taks icon:

As long as you have those high level spells.

What weapon/spells are you using Taks ?

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

i have a katana, from the blades, enchanted with a sigil stone to do fire damage.

taks

Total damage ?

One thing that might work is fighting near a trap. If you can hit them into the trap they take a lot of damage.

478327[/snapback]

it's a 9 on the listing... whatever that means. no traps around. either i brilliantly tripped them, or there are no more. the first two vamps went easily... this third is buffed up with lots o' cool armor. it's the green one with the maroon armor.

taks

it's a 9 on the listing... whatever that means.  no traps around.  either i brilliantly tripped them, or there are no more.  the first two vamps went easily... this third is buffed up with lots o' cool armor.  it's the green one with the maroon armor.

taks

They still work even if you have tripped them. You grab them and swing them at things. Or you can hit things into them , either one works. Better weapon wouldnt hurt. Although thats going to be down to the luck of the sigil stones.

When I did it, there was one in there with a sunder blade (destroys weapons and armour). Wasnt much fun.

Kind of a long shot but I dont suppose it would follow you out and explode in the sunlight?

478327[/snapback]

oh, it follows me outside fine... the sun does not matter. no effect at all that i can tell.

yeah, better weapon... sheesh. might as well just suffer for a while.

taks

Edited by taks