Top 10 Most Overrated Bands

thepixiesrock

Such negativity.

Where are the Under-Rated lists so that musicignoramouses like me can get educated?

Radiohead, Coldplay, all those stupid whiney nasal singers are overrated by crack-addicted critics who wouldn't know good music if it slapped them in the face with a 2x4.

The only thing that makes U2 appealing is that they actually seem to explore their style of music, making a different sounding album everytime they release one.

That said, they haven't made a good U2 album since Achtung Baby.

Rollingstones are overrated.

Those old fossiles need to call it quits. They should have retired way back in the seventies even.

They should've have retired when Keith Richards died. They've overdone the "Weekend at Bernies" thing. And the smell is unbearable now.

They should've have retired when Keith Richards died. They've overdone the "Weekend at Bernies" thing. And the smell is unbearable now.

agreed he's a walking corpse. lol

Coldplay does suck along with U2 :ermm:

Life is like a clam. Years of filtering crap then some bastard cracks you open and scrapes you into its damned mouth, end of story.

- Steven Erikson

I think the Stones have earned the right to tour endlessly and charge exorbinant (sp?) ticket prices. They released some of the best albums EVER. Look, even if you don't like a specific music style, you should still be able to give props where they are deserved. I don't like Madonna or Mariah Carey's music personally, but I can still recognize that they deserves credit for what they've done.

I think the Stones have earned the right to tour endlessly and charge exorbinant (sp?) ticket prices.  They released some of the best albums EVER.  Look, even if you don't like a specific music style, you should still be able to give props where they are deserved.  I don't like Madonna or Mariah Carey's music personally, but I can still recognize that they deserves credit for what they've done.

Name me 2 Stones' albums that have more then 2 good songs on them(good songs = that we know from all the radioplayin' over them years).

It is hard to do anything *original* these days. Everything has been done.

We are seeing fusion between the genres, which isn't necessarily a bad thing but that also makes it harder to be *original*.

on the lighter side of the spectrum, I think the following bands are actually underrated for their contribution in ushering in a new sound:

Sting/Police

REM

U2

but even the mighty U2 slipped into tepid, highly commercial bubble gum music after a while...it happens.

anyway, I worship at the shrine of the mighty Metallica. Of bands with a heavier sound, there has not been a greater band before or since. For all that heaviness, you can still understand the words, discern a message, and not get hit with an F BOMB every 5 seconds. Truely, a great band. Only Godsmack even comes close.

It is hard to do anything *original* these days.  Everything has been done.

We are seeing fusion between the genres, which isn't necessarily a bad thing but that also makes it harder to be *original*.

on the lighter side of the spectrum, I think the following bands are actually underrated for their contribution in ushering in a new sound:

Sting/Police

REM

U2

but even the mighty U2 slipped into tepid, highly commercial bubble gum music after a while...it happens.

anyway, I worship at the shrine of the mighty Metallica.  Of bands with a heavier sound, there has not been a greater band before or since.  For all that heaviness, you can still understand the words, discern a message, and not get hit with an F BOMB every 5 seconds.  Truely, a great band.  Only Godsmack even comes close.

Metallica lost their edge and greatness when their hair fell to the cold hard floor of some Beverly Hills barbershop.

The Pre-Loaded years are wondrous however.

Metallica lost their edge and greatness when their hair fell to the cold hard floor of some Beverly Hills barbershop.

The Pre-Loaded years are wondrous however.

many feel as you do. however, I am also a blues fan and I thought the blues and country elements in Load were really well done.

but Metallica faces the same problem as the other giants...they've already explored their "element". the only thing left is to explore someone else's territory.

(hair bands are associated with a certain time...they had to loose the hair).

****ing Godsmack?

My father's twelve year old fermented **** is more metal than Godsmack. ****. ****. ****. ****. ****.

What the ****'s next? Kenny G the best Jazz saxophonist? Eric Clapton the best blues player? Mother****ing Queen Latifah the best rapper?

**** this ****.

Godsmack is underrated, but Metallica is overrated at best. At least, from the Black Album and on, anyway.

you really think "Seek and Destroy" is better than "Enter Sandman" or "Master of Puppets" or "One"?

I don't think so.

Metallica rules. Others imitate.

:huh:

Seek and Destroy, Master of Puppets and One are all better than Enter Sandman.

Name me 2 Stones' albums that have more then 2 good songs on them(good songs = that we know from all the radioplayin' over them years).

Are you serious? "Some Girls" and "Sticky Fingers"

75% of their songs received serious radio play. Those are my two favorite albums, but I'm sure I could name a few more if I look through them.

I don't want to sound like a fanboy, but most groups don't get radioplay from an entire album. The Beatles, Led Zep, The Doors, Metallica...those bands have albums that are simply top notch all the way through.

Godsmack is underrated, but Metallica is overrated at best. At least, from the Black Album and on, anyway.

you really think "Seek and Destroy" is better than "Enter Sandman" or "Master of Puppets" or "One"?

I don't think so.

Metallica rules. Others imitate.

:huh:

Seek and Destroy, Master of Puppets and One are all better than Enter Sandman.

I agree :huh:

You guys are ruining my thread. :' (

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

"Sticky Fingers" and "Let it Bleed" are my favorites, although "Exile on Main Street" is the (professional) critic's choice.

Bands start out unknown, get a following, then get some press, maybe get the hype, then occasionally become overrated media darlings. Do I think the Arcade Fire's album is good? Yes, it's very good. Do I think the indie-rock press is justified in naming it the best thing since sliced bread? No. Same goes for you, Connor Oberst.

However, I think a lot of "underrated" bands truly deserve their lack of critical praise and platinum records. Nobody knows about them, because they suck. Or they haven't "sold out." Take your pick.

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

Metallica are sellouts. They are in the number one position concerning overrated bands.

No, if they are in the #1 positions its simply because they suck, bigtime, and always have. All they do is peddle crap to retards who are too busy admirering Kurt Loader's shinny new leather pants then to form an opinion of their own. *Cut your damn mullets you inbreeds.*

*Don't actually cut your mullets

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Metallica are sellouts. They are in the number one position concerning overrated bands.

will someone please explain to me how a band that hardly ever gets any air time is a sellout?

they sell albums but get next to no air time. why? quality.

they are a touring band that sell records based on word of mouth.

it is easy to overrate excellence. and if Metallica is overrated, so be it.

No, if they are in the #1 positions its simply because they suck, bigtime, and always have. All they do is peddle crap to retards who are too busy admirering Kurt Loader's shinny new leather pants then to form an opinion of their own. *Cut your damn mullets you inbreeds.*

oh, I get it, Metallica is peddling identity to inbred white retards. gosh, I should have known.