Greenpeace: McD's harming the Amazon

Atreides

Amazon is yummy  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Amazon is yummy

• I want more amazon in my diet
    • I'm a vegetarian/vegan
    • Noplskthxbye

"Every time you buy a Chicken McNugget you could be taking a bite out of the Amazon" That's because according to Greenpeace's report Eating up the Amazon "more than 30 supermarket chains and quick service restaurant companies in Europe" use chickens fed on soybeans from "illegal" soy farmers in Brazil.

Their definition of illegal: farmers that ignore strict environmental regulations requiring landowners in the region to keep 80 percent of their forested areas standing.

Link

I feel like getting some McNuggets just to find out what the Amazon tastes like. WHO'S WITH ME??

Spreading beauty with my katana.

Nuts. Of course, I misread your title and thought that the Fed chairman had somehow linked McDonald's to deforestation.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Mmmm... deep fried rainforest. *drools*

I have to agree that campaign totally backfires where I'm concerned. It sounds delicious.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Nuts.  Of course, I misread your title and thought that the Fed chairman had somehow linked McDonald's to deforestation.

Lol, Greenspan finally resigned. I've got to remember what the new guy's name is. Did the transition go smoothly? So far nothing insane's happened so I guess things went ok.

I actually hate McDonalds, or any fast food, in general. It's bad food, it leads to obesity, and it's way to prevalent in our society.

I also think it's a good idea to preserve our rain forests, but I recognize that many of these Brazilian farmers are probably way below the poverty line and just doing what they can to survive. It's unlikely that they are rolling in the dough...only the corporations who buy from them are doing that.

It's time dudes realised that normal food ain't as healthy as you guys think. Roast chicken, lamb, beef? Oh yeah, gives you fat. BBQ meat? Swede study thinks it gives your prostate creative growth, ie tumours.

Caseroles? Chesee'll clog your arteries. Fancy cheese too in general. Or meatloaf or whatever. Plus before you vegies and vegans get smug, skipping complex proteins aint' a good idea either. Beans and tofu give you protein, but it ain't the best you can get.

'course McD's bad for you. I understand dudes that eat McD because it's cheap - I did too. Plus because it's fast. Ain't nothing like saving half an hour or more beacuse I bought something off McD instead of home cooked meal when you're busy. However those numbskulls that eat it and say WHOA, I AM FAT >_< >_< after 5+ ****ing years while they could have done better without much trouble ain't getting my sympathy.

If you eat enough McD that you get ****faced that's your problem. Unless you can't literally afford to do any better. Other than that it ain't as if you're going to die of a massive heart attack from eating McD once in a ****ing blue moon.

Btw replace McD with fast food equivalents and adjust for relative frequency.

McD is awesome. Some of the best food ever. Period. Those who disagree are simply wrong, and blinded by falsehood.

And fattening? HAHAHA! I so wish it was.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

McD is awesome. Some of the best food ever. Period. Those who disagree are simply wrong, and blinded by falsehood.

And fattening? HAHAHA! I so wish it was.

It's high caloric-density food.

Nothing wrong with that, if you don't eat it a a regular substitute for the low density food that homo sapiens sapiens has been foraging and hunting for the past half a million years, but if you stuff your face with it, your body won't be able to adapt ... (natural selection takes many thousands of years and a bit of luck to come up with new, successful adaptations).

I personally don't like the deep fried cooking method. Heat damages oil. My favourite meal is (wholemeal) pasta with (several tablespoons of) cold cold-pressed virgin olive oil seasoned with salt, pepper and a decent amount of tabasco sause.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Nothing wrong with that, if you don't eat it a a regular substitute for the low density food that homo sapiens sapiens has been foraging and hunting for the past half a million years, but if you stuff your face with it, your body won't be able to adapt ... (natural selection takes many thousands of years and a bit of luck to come up with new, successful adaptations).

No. Evolutionary literature says that our brains could crunch more numbers (bigger brains sucking up more energy) because we moved from berries and nuts to red meat, the fat and bone marrow that apes lapped up which provided more bang for the buck. Of course when deicded to cook it with fire which is when things really got out of hand. That's the whole explanation why we love fat foods. The vegans and veggies were outpenised by the meat eaters.

Plus, I used to think McD's fries were the awesomest ever. No. KFC's fries are better.

Diminishing returns. Just because the human body can eat a quart of lard in an hour, doesn't mean that it can burn off the calories: even by thinking really really hard about something.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Apparently the theory is that getting meat was really hard for the apes so it was a huge deal when they had meat. Usually by scavenging early on until they learned to *____ animals of their own. Of course the apes that ate red meat and drank beer must have had a really huge advantage over the weak apes.

Of course by that time apparently the penising had become so rampant that we like fat and bad stuff by default, long before we had access to too much of the stuff for our own good. Like ice cream. And chocholate.

*Consult my sig.

First off, you can save way more money by eating home cooked meals than you can eating fast food. Those 4-5 dollar meals add up quickly. It does save time but looking at how many people watch American Idol, I don't think lack of time is a real issue in the US. It's bad time management. People who say they need a quick lunch need to wake up ten minutes earlier and make something for themselves.

Now on the health front...

Seriously, you CAN cook just as unhealthily as McD's, but most people who spend the time making a home cooked meal also care enough to make it a bit healthy. It's not a matter of calories, its an entirely different mindset.

Hehehe Great thread. "outpenising" "blame the apes" hahahaha

As for Ben Bernanke, I don't remember even a blip on the radar. It was all about Greenspan. That was good news for his successor. I believe there's a good chance that both of them were apes of the meat eating variety. I'm just not sure they got their meat from McDonald's.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!