M4-78 Restoration Project: WIP!!

Kaah has no voice-files as far as I know...

If he has they are not to be found in the M4-78 directory (where both IS24 and Vash have their convo in threesome)

And Vash mentions that Kaah is dead during that speech (with the "he couldn't feel me anymore")...

Edited by Hassat Hunter

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

I'm not sure that's entirely correct, because I know there are voice-files for Kaah, where he is all high and mighty, clearly dark sided.

There are no voice overs for Kaah as of yet. We will be calling for actors later on in the project once everything is tied down... if you really want to see something of the Kaah dialogue then look in the dialog.tlk file. Not all that we want is there though so we will most probably be making adjustments and the likes...

We already found grammtical errors :lol:.

StarWarsKnights.com -- Do not invent details which are not in the play

Kaah has no voice-files as far as I know...

If he has they are not to be found in the M4-78 directory (where both IS24 and Vash have their convo in threesome)

And Vash mentions that Kaah is dead during that speech (with the "he couldn't feel me anymore")...

Yes, I think I'll have to revise my last statement, since I can't find them either. I probably got it mixed up from reading the dialog.tlk-file, where there is indeed dialogue by Kaah.

It's true that Vash mentions that Kaah is dead during the voice-files, but if you go through them, you'll not that there are alternate voice-files, where it's implied that he's still alive, which suggests to me that you get to decide his fate yourself, probably by confronting him and then either redeeming or killing him.

Hey! What happened to the M4-78 site?!?  :ermm:

I just wanted to check it out, and Yahoo! tells me the page cannot be found. Was it moved, and if so, where to?

We are no longer using Geocities. The new site is shown on our old page (Shown above) and also you can access it directly here. I have just cleaned out the old site and we will most probably be using Geocities for storage purposes...

Edited by Pavlos

We are no longer using Geocities. The new site is show on our old page (Shown above) and also you can access it directly here. I have just cleaned out the old site and we will most probably be using Geocities for storage purposes...

Thanks. I bookmarked the old site, so I know I hadn't mistyped. I guess I should have paid better attention.

Thanks for the link - you had me worried there for a second... :ermm:

In order to visit M4-78 you will still have to go to Korriban before that, right?

Нека Силата винаги бъде с теб!

I reject your reality, and substitute it with my own.

Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted.

John Lenon

This thread is a big "hey, f*** you!" to the humanity's intelligence.

571911[/snapback]

Is there a specific appearance for Kaah or will you just be making one up (or picking one from random)?

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

In order to visit M4-78 you will still have to go to Korriban before that, right?

Korriban is still an integral part of the storyline. You must travel to Korriban to learn of Vash's new location.

Is there a specific appearance for Kaah or will you just be making one up (or picking one from random)?

Kaah will obviously have to have a unique appearance; so while, at the moment, we are just using a generic NPC as a stand-in for Kaah, he will - in the end - have his own appearance.

Kaah will obviously have to have a unique appearance; so while, at the moment, we are just using a generic NPC as a stand-in for Kaah, he will - in the end - have his own appearance.

Have you decided whether Kaah is a human or a twi'lek (he seems to be one or the other), or is that still a secret?

Have him be a Sullustan

Or better yet a Zabrak

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

I hate to ask such a newbie question, but could someone tell me how to open the dialog.tlk file as well as the sound files associated with M4-78, and also what specific files/folders/dialog trees are from M4-78?

I've read that Kaah was supposed to either be Twi'lek or Human. Assuming he has a speaking role and there are no dialog files that belong to him I think Twi'lek would be the best choice.

Edited by GreasyDogMeat

Well, the project can recruit a voice actor for the lines of Kaah, no matter whether he is human, twilek, or something else. I know the TSL Restoration Project has done the same: voicing already existing lines. Now the question is will the M3-78 Restoration Project have to create most of the lines for Kaah, or are most of those done by Obsidian.

Нека Силата винаги бъде с теб!

I reject your reality, and substitute it with my own.

Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted.

John Lenon

This thread is a big "hey, f*** you!" to the humanity's intelligence.

571911[/snapback]

No lines for Kaah are available (voiced...) so a whole new voice-actor (like TSLRP does) could be an option. I personnally prefer English to bablish (Twi'lek).

And to answer GreasydogMeat's questions:

The TLK file can be opened with Wordpad.

The voice files can be listened with WinAmp after you made them *.mp3. They are also available for download (selfmade, not that high of a quality); search for compilation in the spoilers section and find the wav-compilation thread... (damn loss of my sig with the links... :ermm:)

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Since the M4-78 group called for ideas to include, I've been giving it some thought. I'm sorry to say that I haven't really had any true epiphanies, however, so instead I've tried to analyze the situation. I'll outline the major points here in the hope that it might spark some ideas among other people.

Basically I feel that no matter what is written for the mod, it should play on the strengths and weaknesses that are unique to M4-78 when compared to the other worlds of K2.

It seems to me that there are basically two points to consider.

1. There are a number of conditions that must be met for any human(oid) to M4-78 that are not present, since the droids do not need them. A number of plots could be based on that premise.

The most obvious one is the radiation itself, which is lethal to human life, but that's already central to the plot. But there are other needs for humanoids that droids do not share, such as air, temperature, water and food, etc. Large sections of M4-78 might be inaccessible to humans (and so the Exile) until air and tolerable temperatures have been restored to those areas, for example.

2. The droids themselves have some weaknesses that human(oid)s do not, and so only a living being might be able to solve them. The most obvious of these seems to be that the droids are bound by their programming, so there is conflicting commands among the droids, it would take a human(oid) to reprogram one or more of them to resolve the situation.

Droids are also dependent on electricity and repair/maintenance. They might be able to do some of that themselves, though.

However, droids have other limitations. They have no feelings and no imagination, for example. The latter means that they are unable to use creative or innovative thinking as a solution to problems that they might face. They could not design new technology, nor could they find a new solution to a problem that is new to them or not covered by their programming.

These two aspects can be combined to create a number of problems that only the pc can overcome on M4-78.

For example, an impending natural disaster like an approaching comet, an earthquake, or a volcanic eruption might not be something that is covered by the droids' programming (and especially not after the M4-78 computer was shut down), and so must be dealt with by the player.

Or the generator or whatever powers the droids on M4-78 with electricity could be faulty for some reason (perhaps due to the confrontation between the jedi and the sith) and a critical part of it has broken beyond repair without any replacement. Since the droids cannot built a new one and cannot think of a alternative, it again falls to the player to think of another solution in the spirit of "if you need a hammer and don't have one, use a pipe"...

No lines for Kaah are available (voiced...) so a whole new voice-actor (like TSLRP does) could be an option. I personnally prefer English to bablish (Twi'lek).

I know English is better, but if u have the Tweelik Language, then you can just copy that from the generic files, ensuring that the voice acting for Kaah isnt "Cheesy" or "Unproffesional".

I dont mean to offend or critiscise about that, but thats just my opinion on how to make this mod feel professional.

Edited by aerowars617

VO that people deem "ear bleeding" never bothered me... but intelligable alien language does.

Ah well, their choice, eh...

^

"I know English is better, but if u have the Tweelik Language, then you can just copy that from the generic files, ensuring that the voice acting for Kaah isnt "Cheesy" or "Unproffesional"."

Exactly why I'm hoping the Twilek speak will be used. Then again considering the character is supposed to be young and headstrong, it may not be hard to find a decent voice actor for it.

I thought i'd have some fun and warp to the Droid planet modules that can be downloaded from a variety of websites, and to me it looks like the core planet is done, with even a "Sith Base" section. sure its barran, but there are a hell of alot of battle droids to fight (pushover actually, despite the numbers, I was still able to defeat them at level 12). There are also many consoles aswell that seemed to have served some original purpose before the planet was cut. My question is how much of these things will remain intact, and will you try to fit them in with some storylines that the modders will implement, such as will you have a sith base or something similar? would you retain a mission that involves the planets core? will you allow the player to take over the security system? etc. It just seems shameful that the devs built this whole section of the game, complete with consoles (non workable I might ad), droids, mines (think Gotos yatch!) and crates, then throw it all away!

That must seem like a drag, but to summarise:

Rougly how much content is there that is already existing on the Driod planet can you leave in your mod?

All your efforts are very much appreciated by the community im sure. Cheers

Edited by aerowars617

I tried going through the levels as well, and to my surprise I'm more excited about the restoration mod and droid planet than ever. It's an even bigger disapointment that Obsidian Ent. didn't/couldn't finish the sub plot with HK-47 and the factory considering it looks like it is practically finished.

M4-78, on the other hand, looks like it will need a lot of work to complete. I think this was asked before, but does anyone know what the purpose of the sharks are in the bases, especially the Firaxan shark? Either the droids/sith are using animals for some sort of bio computer, or they are simply place holder models? "We don't have the fancy computer model in yet, so just stick a shark there".

Also, is there any 'noclip' type cheat for KoTOR 2. M4-78 is loaded with energy field doors that are impossible to open. I'm guessing the terminals would be used to open them, but every time I try to use one nothing happens.

It's funny, the early droids were a cake walk, but the industrial droids in 804DRO gave me a run for my money. I eventually cheated to give myself a few extra levels.

It's funny, the early droids were a cake walk, but the industrial droids in 804DRO gave me a run for my money. I eventually cheated to give myself a few extra levels.

Well, since the game scales the opposition to your level, gaining more levels really shouldn't make any difference... Unless you needed a specific power or so, that is.

I was thinking how GOTO or HK-47 might see M4-78 as a paradise for their own reasons.

For GOTO, there are no illogical humanoids left to do stupid, illogical things that interfere with his plans to "save" the galaxy. He might want to reprogram the M4-78 to take control of the planet and run it according to his own interests, much as he tried to do with the droids on Nar Shaddaa. That could be very HAL (from 2001) or even a bit like the tabletop RPG Paranoia :D

HK-47 might like it because there are no meatbags pressing their mucus-covered lips against anything, and he could build an entire army to send against erring meatbags and the "sub-standard" copies of himself that are roaming the galaxy with impunity.

Hmmm, maybe it makes more sense for GOTO to try something like this. There is nothing like this in the cut stuff, is there?