The Exile greater than Revan???

I think it is some kind of manipulation. I have read an explanation for the bond between the Exile and in a thread here somewhere, but I am not 100% sure.

Edited by Bulgarian Jedi

Нека Силата винаги бъде с теб!

I reject your reality, and substitute it with my own.

Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted.

John Lenon

This thread is a big "hey, f*** you!" to the humanity's intelligence.

571911[/snapback]

The real question is what exactly means when Kreia says the Exile is her greatest student ever.

Note that the Exile has an exceptional power to defy the force that Revan does not (at least as far as we know, and Kreia probably knows better than most), and that power is one that Kreia truly admires, because it allows him to deny the force, which is desirable to her given how much she hates the force.

That makes the Exile "great" in Kreia's eyes, but I don't think it's the same as saying that the Exile is stronger than Revan. I consider Revan more powerful, though the Exile has powers that Revan lacks. Don't forget, the Exile denied the dark side, whereas Revan gave in to it.

The Exile is very powerful at the end of K2, yes, but Revan was also pretty powerful by the end of K1, which was set five years before. No way of knowing how powerful he was by K2...

As for Revan being a cooler sith lord than Vader... yeah, sure... and maybe pigs will fly... :huh::lol:

Next question is: How did Kreia and the Exile get their bond? They really didn't save each other's lives...

Because Kreia is your mom :D

NO! THAT'S IMPOSSIBLE! (takes a dive off a cliff on malachor)

As for Revan being a cooler sith lord than Vader... yeah, sure... and maybe pigs will fly...  :huh:  :lol:

ya well this is star wars. there are millions of planets out there, and there could be flying pigs on any of them...revan owns vader.

kotorsign.jpg

"Are you an angel? Aw, I'm just kidding. That's the worst line I've ever used. Hope some poor kid doesn't start using it."

I always thought the dark side was powerful then the light side.

Much to learn, you still have.

as do you, it appears...darkness is everywhere, in all of us. to blind oneself with the light is to deny the truth...all lights are killed by darkness. in the end, even stars burn out.

kotorsign.jpg

"Are you an angel? Aw, I'm just kidding. That's the worst line I've ever used. Hope some poor kid doesn't start using it."

NO!  THAT'S IMPOSSIBLE!  (takes a dive off a cliff on malachor)

ya well this is star wars.  there are millions of planets out there, and there could be flying pigs on any of them...revan owns vader.

I was waiting for a NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!

EP II & III ruined Vaders image.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

I actually agree with that.

But even so, the dark side will always lose.

Why? Because there is and can be no trust or friendship among those who follow the dark side - they are all out to get each other, so there can never be any true strength in numbers. Unlike the light side. Therefore the light side will always be victorious, since evil feeds even upon itself.

ya well this is star wars.  there are millions of planets out there, and there could be flying pigs on any of them...revan owns vader.

We only saw Vader at the end of Eps 3. I'd say his reputation only grew, and public interest in Lord Vader was rekindled. Vader: baddest, coolest Sith Lord in the SW mythos.

As for Revan being a cooler sith lord than Vader... yeah, sure... and maybe pigs will fly...  :wub:  :(

*watches pig fly by*

hmph... revan pwns vader

Much to learn, you still have.

Darkness conquers light, Evil conquers good

I would have died if I saw that on Malachor

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

Guest The Architect

To address the general question, is the Exile more powerful than Revan? No one knows for sure. There is no official in-game proof to suggest one is more powerful than the other and there are good reasons as to why one would defeat the other on both sides but no one knows for sure. But ask yourselves this, if the Exile can defeat Darth Malak then he/she is in with a good chance, why?

Because Revan was not that much more powerful than Malak (storywise), obviously Revan was more powerful than Malak and Revan proved that by defeating Malak in combat but if the Exile can too, that must mean the Exile is nearly as powerful as Revan. Because in KOTOR Revan was the only one who had the power to stop Malak, this is made clear but the Exile was in exile during K1 so he/she may have been considered to help Revan go find the Star Maps in K1 and the Jedi Council may have also told the Exile that he/she had the power to stop Malak just like they told Revan in K1. So if someone can find out who is more powerful out of the Exile and Darth Malak then that will justify my personal opinion. If Malak is more powerful , than the Exile cannot possibly be more powerful than Revan but if the Exile can defeat Malak, then I'm going to assume the Exile could beat Revan too. I suppose also to find out who is more powerful out of Kreia and Revan would help solve this interesting question too because the Exile defeated Kreia but could Revan do the same? If not, then the Exile is more powerful...

Edited by The Architect

true, agreed - if the exile was half the man revan was, he would have been as smart as him too, hencefourth taking on revans role instead, but he didnt - so revan wins

wow how much have we gone off topic since that post :|

Meh, Malak would've been even more easier without his " health giving pudding, made of jedi"

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

To address the general question, is the Exile more powerful than Revan? No one knows for sure. There is no official in-game proof to suggest one is more powerful than the other and there are good reasons as to why one would defeat the other on both sides but no one knows for sure. But ask yourselves this, if the Exile can defeat Darth Malak then he/she is in with a good chance, why?

Because Revan was not that much more powerful than Malak (storywise), obviously Revan was more powerful than Malak and Revan proved that by defeating Malak in combat but if the Exile can too, that must mean the Exile is nearly as powerful as Revan. Because in KOTOR Revan was the only one who had the power to stop Malak, this is made clear but the Exile was in exile during K1 so he/she may have been considered to help Revan go find the Star Maps in K1 and the Jedi Council may have also told the Exile that he/she had the power to stop Malak just like they told Revan in K1. So if someone can find out who is more powerful out of the Exile and Darth Malak then that will justify my personal opinion. If Malak is more powerful , than the Exile cannot possibly be more powerful than Revan but if the Exile can defeat Malak, then I'm going to assume the Exile could beat Revan too. I suppose also to find out who is more powerful out of Kreia and Revan would help solve this interesting question too because the Exile defeated Kreia but could Revan do the same? If not, then the Exile is more powerful...

While your argument is logical, I'll give you that, alot of times comparing characters by whom the defeat is a difficult feat to base their ability to match up with each other. For example, there are numerous times where boxers are matched up by whom they defeated and gone on to fight the prize fight only to lose horribly... Oscar Del La Hoya <_< I'm spanish, it hurts that much more

Whom's better? It's tricky but maybe they're not supposed to be the best... K3 PC :) Yeah yeah I know I know no K3 for me :lol:

I think the Exile is more of an Obi Wan. He dosnt show off but when it comes down to it he's got what it takes.

Revans more of a Vader, he's got the image thing but the reality dosnt really equal the hype.

The Exile went into hiding much the same way Obi Wan did although for what purpose is left to the player to determine for themselves.

So if you were to follow the SW formula as a story for KOTOR III you would get something like this.

The new PC character would be "found" by the Exile. Some sort of message would lead them to the unknown worlds where Revan would have become the apprentice of whatever Sith is running the show. At a time when the PC is clearly not ready they would meet. The Exile would sacrifice his life so the PC and his friends could escape (and then become the hint voice munch like Ben did).

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Here's something i found on yahoo while ago.

George and crew are most pleased with the initial performance of KOTOR, so pleased in fact that KOTOR 3 is well into development! This time however expect everything to be new and improved! An all new next-gen engine is being prepped as is a modified battle system that will place a heavier emphasis on the lightsaber. There are even whispers that the game may be shown in some form at E3 THIS year, though I

And where did you find that information? IGN? If you did, LOL :D

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)